Justified?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

DPMartin

Re: Justified?

Post by DPMartin »

Age wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:26 pm
First, I NEVER "want to believe ANY thing". Is this understood?
who cares really, who cares.
Just about EVERY adult human being will protect and take care of their young. This is a natural instinct. This is how the species continues to exist.
tell that to the thousands of abused

Second, OF COURSE, I see 'what is good', in my judgement of what is good and evil. How do you see 'what is good'? From 'your' perspective, or from 'another's' perspective?
what qualifies you to be a judge of what is good and evil seeing you are no more qualified then a child rapist, or a serial killer. you both just humans. and what you agree to isn't your judgement its the judgement of the agreement that justifies in the presence of the agreed. doesn't matter what you agree or disagree with unless you are a part of making the agreement.

Post by Age »

DPMartin wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:58 am
I do. 'I' care when 'you' 'try to' tell me what I want to do.

And, when you 'try to' tell 'me', or "others", what I want to do, and you are Wrong, then I will correct you and just tell 'you', and "them", what thee ACTUAL Truth IS, okay?

I NEVER want to believe ANY thing. So, do NOT ever 'try to' say that I want to, AGAIN, alright?
Just about EVERY adult human being will protect and take care of their young. This is a natural instinct. This is how the species continues to exist.
But absolutely EVERY child, in the days of when this is being written, IS ABUSED. But this still does NOT take away from the fact that just about EVERY adult human being will protect and take care of their young. Obviously, these adults do NOT take care of their young properly and correctly, but that was NOT the point either.

Also, your words here could be taken as an attempt for you 'trying to' "justify" your OWN abuse of children.
Second, OF COURSE, I see 'what is good', in my judgement of what is good and evil. How do you see 'what is good'? From 'your' perspective, or from 'another's' perspective?
what qualifies you to be a judge of what is good and evil seeing you are no more qualified then a child rapist, or a serial killer. you both just humans.
What qualifies 'me' to be a judge of what is good and evil is from what I judge good and evil on and from exactly.
DPMartin wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:58 am and what you agree to isn't your judgement its the judgement of the agreement that justifies in the presence of the agreed. doesn't matter what you agree or disagree with unless you are a part of making the agreement.
Okay.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Age wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:21 am

And, when you 'try to' tell 'me', or "others", what I want to do, and you are Wrong, then I will correct you and just tell 'you', and "them", what thee ACTUAL Truth IS, okay?

I NEVER want to believe ANY thing. So, do NOT ever 'try to' say that I want to, AGAIN, alright?
But absolutely EVERY child, in the days of when this is being written, IS ABUSED. But this still does NOT take away from the fact that just about EVERY adult human being will protect and take care of their young. Obviously, these adults do NOT take care of their young properly and correctly, but that was NOT the point either.

Also, your words here could be taken as an attempt for you 'trying to' "justify" your OWN abuse of children.
what qualifies you to be a judge of what is good and evil seeing you are no more qualified then a child rapist, or a serial killer. you both just humans.
What qualifies 'me' to be a judge of what is good and evil is from what I judge good and evil on and from exactly.
DPMartin wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:58 am and what you agree to isn't your judgement its the judgement of the agreement that justifies in the presence of the agreed. doesn't matter what you agree or disagree with unless you are a part of making the agreement.
Okay.
this is supposed to be about philosophy last I checked, and not your personal issues. get a shrink

Post by Age »

DPMartin wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:02 pm
Age wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:21 am

Okay.
this is supposed to be about philosophy last I checked, and not your personal issues. get a shrink
You asked:

why is it that man have the need to be justified for his actions?

I partly explained WHY.

You then replied, and I then CORRECTED your wrong and false replies.

And then you asked me:

"what qualifies you to be a judge of what is good and evil seeing you are no more qualified then a child rapist, or a serial killer. you both just humans."

I then alluded to what thee True, Right, and Correct answer IS. The reason WHY I only 'allude to' thee answers, and not just provide them, is to see who is Truly curious. See, I am searching out those who are True philosophers, and not just those who only want to share their OWN BELIEFS.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

DPMartin wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:34 pm why is it that man have the need to be justified for his actions?

a tiger maintains his territory and and kills another tiger in that tiger's territory. but there is no justification needed or desired for or by the tiger's actions to kill the other. but if a man do the same, he better have justification.

Why?
I don't believe we really know much about what tigers' minds are like. It wouldn't be surprising if they have justifications for their actions. It would be odd if only human brains functioned that way while brains that are fairly similar do not.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Terrapin Station wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:15 am
DPMartin wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:34 pm why is it that man have the need to be justified for his actions?

a tiger maintains his territory and and kills another tiger in that tiger's territory. but there is no justification needed or desired for or by the tiger's actions to kill the other. but if a man do the same, he better have justification.

Why?
I don't believe we really know much about what tigers' minds are like. It wouldn't be surprising if they have justifications for their actions. It would be odd if only human brains functioned that way while brains that are fairly similar do not.
animals don't answer to other animals for their actions, do they? they might suffer responses but there's no moral issue involved, winner by strength tales it all.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

DPMartin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:01 pm animals don't answer to other animals for their actions, do they? they might suffer responses but there's no moral issue involved, winner by strength tales it all.
In what way am I morally answerable to you or any human except for the consequences for my actions?
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Skepdick wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:14 pm
DPMartin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:01 pm animals don't answer to other animals for their actions, do they? they might suffer responses but there's no moral issue involved, winner by strength tales it all.
In what way am I morally answerable to you or any human except for the consequences for my actions?
if we live in the same society and it has law like in some US courts, prosecutors represent the people. so yes you would be answering to me and every one else who agrees to live in the same country. even so in countries where there may be no court prosses like maybe in a tribe you would still answer to the tribe leadership that represents the whole of the tribe.

no real power is established in this case of leadership unless the the people up hold it, hence agree.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

DPMartin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:23 pm if we live in the same society and it has law like in some US courts, prosecutors represent the people. so yes you would be answering to me and every one else who agrees to live in the same country. even so in countries where there may be no court prosses like maybe in a tribe you would still answer to the tribe leadership that represents the whole of the tribe.

no real power is established in this case of leadership unless the the people up hold it, hence agree.
So I would be "suffering the response of other animals" no?
Terrapin Station

DPMartin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:01 pm

Why?
animals don't answer to other animals for their actions, do they? they might suffer responses but there's no moral issue involved, winner by strength tales it all.
Other animals, you mean. We're animals, too. At any rate, I think it's pretty clear that some animals do basically make moral judgments--apes, some monkeys, dolphins, elephants, etc.--the animals we have pretty good reason to believe have high intelligence and that pretty clearly communicate with each other. For animals like tigers, I don't think we know the answer to this very well.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Terrapin Station wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:08 pm

Other animals, you mean. We're animals, too. At any rate, I think it's pretty clear that some animals do basically make moral judgments--apes, some monkeys, dolphins, elephants, etc.--the animals we have pretty good reason to believe have high intelligence and that pretty clearly communicate with each other. For animals like tigers, I don't think we know the answer to this very well.
what does all this speculative yak about animals got to do with the subject. every living thing has expression of one sort or another and some respond to the expressions of others so what, a puppy cries and its mother responds.

that's not evidence of the need for justification.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Skepdick wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:33 pm
DPMartin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:23 pm if we live in the same society and it has law like in some US courts, prosecutors represent the people. so yes you would be answering to me and every one else who agrees to live in the same country. even so in countries where there may be no court prosses like maybe in a tribe you would still answer to the tribe leadership that represents the whole of the tribe.

So I would be "suffering the response of other animals" no?
and your questions have what to do with the need for justification?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:40 pm and your questions have what to do with the need for justification?
The fact that you don't need any. If you are OK with the responses of the other human-animals who disagree with you.
Terrapin Station

DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:38 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:08 pm

what does all this speculative yak about animals got to do with the subject. every living thing has expression of one sort or another and some respond to the expressions of others so what, a puppy cries and its mother responds.

that's not evidence of the need for justification.
Right. It's not supposed to be evidence of the need for justification, but rather an argument undermining the notion that we know that other animals do not ever think in terms of justifications.