Similarity leads to...

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Similarity leads to...

Post by bahman »

We are similar. This means two things, 1) We are equal, 2) I do what you do if I am in your place.

Similarity can be considered as the moral principle. (1) and (2) can be used to resolve many moral situations.

Do you think that similarity leads to more things?
Impenitent

Re: Similarity leads to...

Post by Impenitent »

similarity leads to mislabeling discrete experiences...

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

Similarity leads to familiarity and that leads to a saying.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Walker wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:46 am Similarity leads to familiarity and that leads to a saying.
What saying, my friend.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

bahman wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:23 pm We are similar. This means two things, 1) We are equal, 2) I do what you do if I am in your place.

Similarity can be considered as the moral principle. (1) and (2) can be used to resolve many moral situations.

no, absolutely not, you can't do what Michal Jordan did, and you don't live in the same culture than another culture.

what is similar in what you're saying is anyone can come to an agreement, just as you are seeking here for agreement or maybe disagreement. but every soul of man can agree. and a agreement is what morals are. you might even be born into a binding agreement but you can do what's necessary to dissolve your part in that agreement. like move to another country.
bahman

Post by bahman »

DPMartin wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:15 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:23 pm We are similar. This means two things, 1) We are equal, 2) I do what you do if I am in your place.

no, absolutely not, you can't do what Michal Jordan did, and you don't live in the same culture than another culture.

what is similar in what you're saying is anyone can come to an agreement, just as you are seeking here for agreement or maybe disagreement. but every soul of man can agree. and a agreement is what morals are. you might even be born into a binding agreement but you can do what's necessary to dissolve your part in that agreement. like move to another country.
It seems that you believe in soul and body so my life is easier with you. By (2) I mean that we exchange your soul with his soul.
Walker

Post by Walker »

bahman wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:12 am
Walker wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:46 am Similarity leads to familiarity and that leads to a saying.
What saying, my friend.
The saying is, “Familiarity breeds contempt.”

The meaning.
https://grammarist.com/proverb/familiar ... -contempt/

It’s one explanation of why some folks hate where they live.

Post by Age »

DPMartin wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:15 pm

But, OBVIOUSLY, if 'one' has had the EXACT SAME experiences as "another", then that 'one' would be doing the EXACT SAME things, as the "other".
DPMartin wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:15 pm what is similar in what you're saying is anyone can come to an agreement, just as you are seeking here for agreement or maybe disagreement. but every soul of man can agree. and a agreement is what morals are. you might even be born into a binding agreement but you can do what's necessary to dissolve your part in that agreement. like move to another country.

Post by Age »

Who and/or what is the 'we', which 'you' are referring to here?
bahman wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:23 pm Similarity can be considered as the moral principle. (1) and (2) can be used to resolve many moral situations.
After who and what 'we' ARE, and who and what 'I' AM is FULLY understood, then what 'you' are saying here is leading up to finding and SEEING thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things'.
bahman wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:23 pm Do you think that similarity leads to more things?
Did you mean 'moral' or 'more' things here?

By the way, learning and understanding 'more' and 'anew' things is done, very simply and very easily, by just being Truly OPEN.

Learning and understanding 'moral' things is just obtained by understanding FULLY WHY ALL human beings ARE the way they are.

When 'you' KNOW who and what human beings, themselves, ARE, EXACTLY, then ALL 'moral' issues are solved, almost immediately.

ALL human beings are, naturally, very 'similar', and in fact 'equal', but they are also, naturally, very 'different', and 'dissimilar'. Learning and understanding WHY, leads to KNOWING what is morally Right and Wrong in Life, which then leads to living in Peace and Harmony with "one another", as One.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:33 pm
Human, animal, etc.
bahman wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:23 pm Similarity can be considered as the moral principle. (1) and (2) can be used to resolve many moral situations.
After who and what 'we' ARE, and who and what 'I' AM is FULLY understood, then what 'you' are saying here is leading up to finding and SEEING thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things'.
What do you mean?
bahman wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:23 pm Do you think that similarity leads to more things?

By the way, learning and understanding 'more' and 'anew' things is done, very simply and very easily, by just being Truly OPEN.

Learning and understanding 'moral' things is just obtained by understanding FULLY WHY ALL human beings ARE the way they are.

When 'you' KNOW who and what human beings, themselves, ARE, EXACTLY, then ALL 'moral' issues are solved, almost immediately.

ALL human beings are, naturally, very 'similar', and in fact 'equal', but they are also, naturally, very 'different', and 'dissimilar'. Learning and understanding WHY, leads to KNOWING what is morally Right and Wrong in Life, which then leads to living in Peace and Harmony with "one another", as One.
I mean facts that is followed from the principle, similarity.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:16 pm
What saying, my friend.

The meaning.

But familiarity itself does not explain why some folks hate where they live. If a person does not like where they live, then it is because of some thing other than just 'familiarity'. In fact some people love where they live solely because of 'familiarity', think of a blind person. If a person has contempt of a person or thing, then it is because of what a person or thing/place 'has done' or 'does'. Familiarity can breed love/admiration. What people/things do causes/breeds contempt.

The saying, "familiarity breeds contempt" exists only because If one is more familiar with a person or thing, then they know that person or thing more, or better, and then they can know more, or better, what that person or thing is REALLY like. The 'familiarity', itself, does NOT breed contempt. What a person or thing DOES is what ACTUALLY breeds contempt.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:52 pm
Human, animal, etc.
So, ONCE AGAIN, 'we' HAVE TO ASSUME what 'you' are referring to.

This HAVING TO ASSUME what the "other" 'means', in what they say and write, is WHERE 'misunderstanding' comes from. It is also one of the main reasons WHY 'you', human beings', in the days of when this was written, are still SO CONFUSED, LOST, and can NOT have Truly MEANINGFUL discussions.

If you can NOT explain FULLY what you actually Truly mean, then how do you EXPECT "others" to Truly understand 'you'?

The reason WHY I ask so many CLARIFYING QUESTIONS is just to POINT OUT and HIGHLIGHT how the human beings in the days of when this written did NOT actually REALLY 'know' what they 'thought' they did and were 'trying to' express and explain.
What do you mean?
You wrote; We are similar. This means two things, 1) We are equal, 2) I do what you do if I am in your place.

So, what this means is; until 'you', human beings, have evolved more, from where 'you' are in the days of when this was written, then you will obtain the proper and correct answer, and thus the Knowing, to the question, 'Who am 'I'?", which comes with it the proper and correct answer, thus also the Knowing, to and of who and what 'we' are, in relation to discussions like these, and then, and ONLY THEN, the ACTUAL meaning of sayings like; 'we are equal' can be Truly understood and KNOWN.

WHAT??

I asked you ANOTHER VERY SIMPLE QUESTION about did you mean to write 'moral' instead of 'more' here, and then you respond, ONCE AGAIN, with something of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with what I asked you.

Also, what you wrote here does NOT even make sense, to me, anyway.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Walker wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:16 pm
What saying, my friend.

The meaning.

I see and thanks.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:12 am
Human, animal, etc.

This HAVING TO ASSUME what the "other" 'means', in what they say and write, is WHERE 'misunderstanding' comes from. It is also one of the main reasons WHY 'you', human beings', in the days of when this was written, are still SO CONFUSED, LOST, and can NOT have Truly MEANINGFUL discussions.

If you can NOT explain FULLY what you actually Truly mean, then how do you EXPECT "others" to Truly understand 'you'?

The reason WHY I ask so many CLARIFYING QUESTIONS is just to POINT OUT and HIGHLIGHT how the human beings in the days of when this written did NOT actually REALLY 'know' what they 'thought' they did and were 'trying to' express and explain.
I cannot follow you here. Could you please be short and clear?
What do you mean?
You wrote; We are similar. This means two things, 1) We are equal, 2) I do what you do if I am in your place.

So, what this means is; until 'you', human beings, have evolved more, from where 'you' are in the days of when this was written, then you will obtain the proper and correct answer, and thus the Knowing, to the question, 'Who am 'I'?", which comes with it the proper and correct answer, thus also the Knowing, to and of who and what 'we' are, in relation to discussions like these, and then, and ONLY THEN, the ACTUAL meaning of sayings like; 'we are equal' can be Truly understood and KNOWN.
I see.

WHAT??

I asked you ANOTHER VERY SIMPLE QUESTION about did you mean to write 'moral' instead of 'more' here, and then you respond, ONCE AGAIN, with something of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with what I asked you.

I mean moral facts.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:49 am
Age wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:12 am
Human, animal, etc.

I cannot follow you here. Could you please be short and clear?
I asked you what does the word 'we', which you wrote, refer to?

You then said to two 'things', and also used the "et cetera" word. Which then means, therefore, I 'have to' now ASSUME what you are referring to.

Do you follow me now?
bahman wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:49 am
What do you mean?

I see.
WHAT??

I mean moral facts.
So, what you ACTUALLY MEANT is;

Do you think that similarity leads to moral facts?

If this is correct, then I would ask 'similarity' in relation to 'what', EXACTLY.

To me, 'moral facts' are just 'that' what EVERY one agrees with and accepts, in relation to human behavior about what is Right and what is Wrong in Life.

So, in this respect 'similarity' in that EVERY one is agreeing and accepting in the same way, and thus has a 'similar' in view and perspective, then this, to me, would lead to discovering, understanding and KNOWING thee 'moral facts'.

But, if by 'similar', you mean something like, 'we' have the same, and/or thus 'similar', 'green eyes', for example, then, to me, this would NOT lead to 'moral facts'.

So, if you are a more specific, in what you say and ACTUALLY MEAN, then I can provide you with the Right and Correct answers.