I am the legitimate owner of the universe.

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

I am the legitimate owner of the universe.

Post by Advocate »

This is unrelated to legal ownership. Ownership is best understood as certainty of access and control. Legitimate ownership does not imply actual access and control, such as when you're stolen from. The person(s) who most legitimately can claim the right to access and control everything, insofar as possible, is the best philosopher, as that person is most likely to do the best things with that ownership. This assumes they also meet baseline criteria for good leadership, meaning in particular knowledge, intelligence, and conscientiousness above average. The best philosoper is who has the best philosophy, the criteria for which are to be found in a different thread. I met those criteria including to have the best philosophy, therefore i am the legitimate owner of the known universe. They're are no logical flaws or reasonably debatable facts in this argument.
FlashDangerpants

Re: I am the legitimate owner of the universe.

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Oh ok then. Well if we have a new landlord then I have some complaints. Please address them in a timely fashion.
1st. No Santa? When I started out here I was promised a jolly fat man would come down my chimney with presents. Please remedy this situation.
2nd. My peepee stick should be much bigger. I feel I have done everything reasonable to encourage growth, but if anything that has only worn it down.
3rd. Uneven distribution of evil, please spread it out more thinly, like Marmite (of Vegemite for our Aussie friends).
The first two are important, the third is more of a nice-to-have.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I'm withholdin' rent till you fix the a/c
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[>Oh ok then. Well if we have a new landlord then I have some complaints. Please address them in a timely fashion.

As per usual, you're bringing up a point that is expressly managed in the post you're responding to. This is not legal or practical ownership, as stated, it's legitimacy of ownership.

>1st. No Santa? When I started out here I was promised a jolly fat man would come down my chimney with presents. Please remedy this situation.

see above

2nd. My peepee stick should be much bigger. I feel I have done everything reasonable to encourage growth, but if anything that has only worn it down.

see above

>3rd. Uneven distribution of evil, please spread it out more thinly, like Marmite (of Vegemite for our Aussie friends).
The first two are important, the third is more of a nice-to-have.

see above (Also, Marmite is definitely evil, and if i had practical ownership i'd do something about that.)
Last edited by Advocate on Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlashDangerpants

Advocate wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:52 pm [>Oh ok then. Well if we have a new landlord then I have some complaints. Please address them in a timely fashion.

As per usual, you're bringing up a point that is expression managed in the past your responding to. This is not legal or practical ownership, as stated, it's legitimacy of ownership.
It's almost adorable that you think you are to be taken seriously in this sort of insane boasting. Almost but not quite.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

how convenient: I'm the owner, but I'm not responsible

no more rent for you
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

If I have the 2nd best philosophy and I kill you, am I now the new owner?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:38 pm If I have the 2nd best philosophy and I kill you, am I now the new owner?
will you fix the a/c?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm will you fix the a/c?
Tenants pay for damages.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:09 pm
Tenants pay for damages.
that ain't in the contract, and I didn't break it

advocate did: through abdication of responsibility
FlashDangerpants

henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:12 pm
Skepdick wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:09 pm
Tenants pay for damages.

Aha! The real reason not to kill God ... you don't want to inherit his liabilities, especially not while there's all those expensive lawsuits about peado priests touching the choir.

I feel we have made a breakthrough in this, the best of all possible threads.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=FlashDangerpants post_id=472853 time=1600870578 user_id=11800]
[quote=Advocate post_id=472849 time=1600869174 user_id=15238]
[>Oh ok then. Well if we have a new landlord then I have some complaints. Please address them in a timely fashion.

As per usual, you're bringing up a point that is expression managed in the past your responding to. This is not legal or practical ownership, as stated, it's legitimacy of ownership.
[/quote]
It's almost adorable that you think you are to be taken seriously in this sort of insane boasting. Almost but not quite.
[/quote]

It's far from adorable that you're apparently incapable of addressing the actual point of any post you respond to.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=472862 time=1600871604 user_id=472]
how convenient: [i]I'm the owner, but I'm not responsible [/i]

no more rent for you
[/quote]

As always, you must not have actually read the post. That is not remotely similar to any contention i've ever made, here or anywhere.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Skepdick post_id=472863 time=1600871880 user_id=17350]
If I have the 2nd best philosophy and I kill you, am I now the new owner?
[/quote]

You could also be the best philosoper if you also are telling the same story. Then it would come down to who presents it better, which is a dubious standard anyhow because it's not explicitly related to philosophy, but if that were the case i'd happily abdicate. In the meantime, i've found many philosophers who have some minor part of the story correctly ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... y_X2Kbneo/ ) but not a single one who can pull it all together as i can. I typically avoid making the claim in deference to some potential unknown who had also done the work but also isn't given recognition, but it's just an example to illustrate the point of the post. Let's concentrate on the ideas, shall we?
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=472878 time=1600873979 user_id=472]
[quote=Skepdick post_id=472877 time=1600873779 user_id=17350]
[quote="henry quirk" post_id=472867 time=1600872494 user_id=472]
will you fix the a/c?
[/quote]
Tenants pay for damages.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Responsibility cannot be given or abdicated and is not the same as duty.