Science and Ethics

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

cicero117

Science and Ethics

Post by cicero117 »

Both words clash simultaneously especially in the era where science are advancing. Although most people have adopted a postmodernism way of thinking, the issue regarding genetic modification are still controversial.

I myself has a christian background and is currently an undergraduate in biotechnology, however I have a really deep interest regarding gene therapy and CRISPR.

What is YOUR view regarding the issue regarding gene therapy/modification and ethical issue.
Impenitent

Re: Science and Ethics

Post by Impenitent »

the dream of building the perfect human race living in utopia has existed ever since there have been humans

the angel of death is smiling at your manifest destiny ...

-Imp
Veritas Aequitas

Re: Science and Ethics

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

The overriding limit is 'foolproofing.'
If the process is foolproof upon exhausting testings, I have no qualms correlating with gene therapy & CRISPR with Morality and Ethics.

Given the present incremental trend of an exponential expansion of knowledge and technology especially in genomics and neurosciences, I believe such foolproofing is likely to be possible within the next 200 years, but what should we do now till then.