The UN Declaration on Slavery is an Absolute Moral Law

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

The UN Declaration on Slavery is an Absolute Moral Law

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

I believe Article 4 on Slavery from the Universal Declaration on Human Rights (1948) is an absolute moral law;
  • Slavery in international law is governed by a number of treaties, conventions and declarations. Foremost among these is
    the Universal Declaration on Human Rights (1948) that states in Article 4:
    no one should be held in slavery or servitude, slavery in all of its forms should be eliminated.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_i ... tional_law
The above is an absolute moral law [an ought] as a guide only, i.e. not enforced.
This absolute moral law [ought/should] on slavery is abstracted from empirical experiences [is] of mankind.
Note absolute moral laws are never political based legislature laws.
Besides the UN is not God.

Note my related argument to support the above.
'Ought' from 'Is' is Possible

Agree?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27245
Impenitent

Re: The UN Declaration on Slavery is an Absolute Moral Law

Post by Impenitent »

the un blue helmet police force SHOULD enforce these utopian laws... blast every slave owner with bazookas and land mines...

absolute moral law absolutely enforced

-Imp
henry quirk

what's the UN position on gun owership?

Post by henry quirk »

🤔
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:20 pm the un blue helmet police force SHOULD enforce these utopian laws... blast every slave owner with bazookas and land mines...

-Imp
Who pays for the, "UN blue helmet police force?"

Is child rape better than slavery?

"Outrage is mounting around the world against United Nations “peace-keeping” soldiers as sex-crime allegations, ranging from charges of rape and exploitation in Haiti to wide-spread sexual abuse of children in the Ivory Coast, have exploded into the headlines this week."
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

who pays? every interested nation...

the ultra righteous un moral police will invade countries and enact justice on those it deems unclean

be careful for that what you wish...

-Imp
Veritas Aequitas

Impenitent wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:20 pm the un blue helmet police force SHOULD enforce these utopian laws... blast every slave owner with bazookas and land mines...

-Imp
You are veering off topic.
The UN Declarations of Slavery [moral maxims] are never enforced directly by the UN.

Point is Morality should not be conflated with Politics and its enforceable laws.
I think this is an issue with many who are unable to see the critical distinction between Morality and Politics.

Many do not realize Morality primarily has to do with the individual[s]' moral development and his conscience within the brain/mind. In this case, each individual will act spontaneously in accordance to the absolute moral law embedded within and not being enforced from externally by third parties.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

what good is a law if it isn't enforced?

utopian zealots will force you to obey

history never...

-Imp
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Impenitent wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:47 am what good is a law if it isn't enforced?

history never...

-Imp
That's why I ask: what's the UN position on gun owership?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Impenitent wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:52 am who pays? every interested nation...
Nations or nations governments? And where do governments get their money? They get it from the people who produce it, by means of taxes, thus enslaving the producers of their society. So, what you are saying is, it is good to enslave people to finance a military force to prevent slavery.

Yeah, that makes sense.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:57 pm
Impenitent wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:47 am what good is a law if it isn't enforced?

history never...

-Imp
the un wants everyone unarmed except them of course … free people are so difficult at times...

-Imp
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:37 pm
Impenitent wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:52 am who pays? every interested nation...
Nations or nations governments? And where do governments get their money? They get it from the people who produce it, by means of taxes, thus enslaving the producers of their society. So, what you are saying is, it is good to enslave people to finance a military force to prevent slavery.

Yeah, that makes sense.
it makes perfect sense for lovers of big brother...

don't confuse my position...

-Imp
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Impenitent wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:48 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:57 pm

history never...

-Imp
the un wants everyone unarmed except them of course … free people are so difficult at times...

-Imp
thank you! yes! 🌟 for Imp!

I am not to be enslaved; I'm not permitted to self-defend: sumthin' don't jibe here.
Veritas Aequitas

history never...

-Imp
You are so quick to jump to conclusion.
Are Physical Laws of Nature enforceable?
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_law

That is the problem when you are unable to differentiate the Philosophy of Morality from Philosophy of Politics.

The absolute moral laws are by default not enforceable as political laws which are established by the legislature and enforced by the court.
If political laws happen to be the same as the absolute moral laws, they operate on a parallel basis, i.e. not integrated.
As long as laws are enforced, they are not and cannot be absolute moral laws.

In the case of absolute moral laws, the legislature, the persecutor, the jury and judge are all done within the brain, psyche and mind of the individual.
I believe you are ignorant of this approach?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:57 am

history never...

-Imp

That is the problem when you are unable to differentiate the Philosophy of Morality from Philosophy of Politics.

The absolute moral laws are by default not enforceable as political laws which are established by the legislature and enforced by the court.
If political laws happen to be the same as the absolute moral laws, they operate on a parallel basis, i.e. not integrated.

In the case of absolute moral laws, the legislature, the persecutor, the jury and judge are all done within the brain, psyche and mind of the individual.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:I believe Article 4 on Slavery from the Universal Declaration on Human Rights (1948) is an absolute moral law;
Slavery in international law is governed by a number of treaties, conventions and declarations. Foremost among these is
“no one should be held in slavery or servitude, slavery in all of its forms should be eliminated.”
Veritas Aequitas wrote:In the case of absolute moral laws, the legislature, the persecutor, the jury and judge are all done within the brain, psyche and mind of the individual.

as I said: "the un blue helmet police force SHOULD enforce these utopian laws... blast every slave owner with bazookas and land mines...

absolute moral law absolutely enforced"

-Imp
Veritas Aequitas

Impenitent wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:40 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:57 am

history never...

-Imp

Veritas Aequitas wrote:I believe Article 4 on Slavery from the Universal Declaration on Human Rights (1948) is an absolute moral law;
Slavery in international law is governed by a number of treaties, conventions and declarations. Foremost among these is
“no one should be held in slavery or servitude, slavery in all of its forms should be eliminated.”
Veritas Aequitas wrote:In the case of absolute moral laws, the legislature, the persecutor, the jury and judge are all done within the brain, psyche and mind of the individual.

as I said: "the un blue helmet police force SHOULD enforce these utopian laws... blast every slave owner with bazookas and land mines...

absolute moral law absolutely enforced"

-Imp
I also wish they will do it but,

nope, there is no enforcement with the Philosophy of Morality and Ethics.