OUGHT from IS is Possible

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: OUGHT from IS is Possible

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:57 am
Age wrote:
So when I say for example some thing like There is only one Mind but you reply by saying some thing like There ARE
many minds then how exactly does that show that you really do want to understand me
I want to understand you and so what you have said here does not invalidate that at all
Let us say that if some one says they want to understand you, and when you claim that there are many minds, for example, but the "other one" says that there is only one Mind, then please explain HOW that the "other one" is really showing that they want to understand you?

If "they" are just saying the exact opposite of what you say, each time you say the same thing, then what are "they" doing exactly to SHOW you that "they" really do want to understand you?
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Age wrote:
some one says they want to understand you and when you claim that there are many minds for example but the other one
says that there is only one Mind then please explain HOW that the other one is really showing that they want to understand
One can understand someone without necessarily having to agree with them

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:10 pm
Age wrote:
Not asking for clarification of what it is that another is saying appears to me as though you do not really want to understand
I have already told you [ this is now I think the third time ] that I dont have the mental energy to ask you clarifying questions all of the time
And I have told you more than once. I do NOT expect you to ask me clarifying questions ALL THE TIME.

If you just ask some questions, some of the time, then that would suffice in SHOWING me that you do have a tiny bit of interest in understanding what it is that I am actually saying.

The more you ask, then the more you interest you are showing in wanting to learn.

The less you ask, then the more you show you have NO interest in learning.
surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:10 pmSometimes I do and will ask questions but most of the time I dont bother for the reason I have just given so can you try to rememember this
Saying that you do not have the "mental energy" to ask questions is just an excuse for being a CLOSED person who thinks they know enough and thus do NOT want nor need to learn any more.
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
But first I am just wondering WHY you do not answer any of my clarifying questions yet you instantly ask me a clarifying question
This is now the FOURTH time I have had to explain this to you - I dont have the mental energy to either ask or answer clarifying questions
all of the time and you have said it is not a problem anyway so then why are you even asking me it - it really isnt helping at all you know
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
Saying that you do not have the mental energy to ask questions is just an excuse for being a CLOSED person who thinks they know enough
and thus do NOT want nor need to learn any more
I have never thought this at all and so you are completely wrong there but I have said that I actually know very little indeed which is true

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:17 am
Age wrote:
some one says they want to understand you and when you claim that there are many minds for example but the other one
says that there is only one Mind then please explain HOW that the other one is really showing that they want to understand
One can understand someone without necessarily having to agree with them
But I am NOT necessarily saying any thing to be agreed with.

I am just pointing out that you are not open, you are not really interested in any thing other than what you think is true, and you are also not able to elaborate on nor explain further what you say is true.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:53 am
Age wrote:
Saying that you do not have the mental energy to ask questions is just an excuse for being a CLOSED person who thinks they know enough
and thus do NOT want nor need to learn any more
I have never thought this at all and so you are completely wrong there but I have said that I actually know very little indeed which is true
You do not have to think it cosciously. Your words SHOW that this is how you think subconsciously.
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
Is your claim an absolute FACT which is irrefutable
A fact and a claim are entirely independent from each other so are not the same
A claim can however subsequently become a fact but not while it is only a claim

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:43 am
Age wrote:
But first I am just wondering WHY you do not answer any of my clarifying questions yet you instantly ask me a clarifying question
This is now the FOURTH time I have had to explain this to you - I dont have the mental energy to either ask or answer clarifying questions
all of the time and you have said it is not a problem anyway so then why are you even asking me it - it really isnt helping at all you know
Once again you ask me a clarifying question but do not answer mine.

I ask you clarifying questions because I have no way of knowing when you will answer and when you will not.

You also may now write that this is the FOURTH time, BUT I have not yet responded to the THIRD. That response is half written on another device.

Now, IF you STOP writing in a way that proposes things as being absolutely TRUE, then I will STOP asking you to clarify what you are saying and meaning. I have told you this a number of times also.

Also, HOW would I KNOW when you are going to answer a clarifying question or not?

If I NEVER ask you any clarifying questions, then there is obviously NO way I will gain clarity of what you are saying and meaning.

How about you answer this clarifying question; What do you want me to do when you propose some thing as though it is the absolute Truth, which EVERY one should accept?

1. Do you want me to NOT say any thing?
2. Do you want me to NOT say any thing and just accepted it as though it is the Truth?
3. Do you want me to NOT say any thing, just accept it as though it is the Truth, and agree with it wholeheartedly?
4. Do you want me to acknowledge how True, Right, and Correct it is, so hopefully "others" will also accept it and agree that it is True, Right, and Correct?
5. Do you want me to just say it is WRONG, and say nothing else?
6. Do you want me to say that it is WRONG, and point out HOW it is WRONG?
7. Do you want me to say that it is WRONG, and point out WHY it is WRONG?
8. Do you want me to say that it is WRONG, and point out HOW and WHY it is WRONG?
9. Do you want me to ask you clarifying questions FIRST about HOW and WHY you are saying what you are saying so that I can then gain a better understanding of what it is that you are actually meaning, which might then SHOW WHY EXACTLY what you are saying is actually true, right, and/or correct?
10. Or, is thing some thing else that you would like me to do when you propose things as though they are thee Truth of thing?
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
Your words SHOW that this is how you think subconsciously
Once again you are completely wrong as I dont think this at all
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
What do you want me to do when you propose some thing as though it is the absolute Truth
I dont ever remember proposing anything as the absolute truth so I would want some
evidence for this claim of yours so I know exactly what it is you are referring to here
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
What do you want me to do when you propose some thing as though it is the absolute Truth
Instead of you actually thinking this you could just ask me if I think it is the absolute truth or just my opinion
And I would say every time that it is just my opinion so then you would stop thinking it was the absolute truth

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:06 am
Age wrote:
Is your claim an absolute FACT which is irrefutable
A fact and a claim are entirely independent from each other so are not the same
I KNOW this. It is OBVIOUS. It is also NOTHING what I am asking about.

Can you really NOT understand the question that I am asking you?

Or are you purposely 'trying to' deflect from being open and honest in answering the ACTUAL question I ask you?

Deflecting away from the question and answering some thing else can SHOW some one as being dishonest and closed just as much as not answering the question at all. If some one is going to propose some thing as being true, then it is better for them IF they can back this up.
surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:06 amA claim can however subsequently become a fact but not while it is only a claim
So, what do we call what you propose is a fact?

If you want to twist things around show what is factual, and already obvious AND known, then that is fine. But spending this much "mental energy" and NOT answering the actual question, which would have been easier to answer, sort of disputes what you have alleged earlier.

My question IS in regards to When you do claim some thing. For example, WHEN you make claims such as; 'There are many minds', or that, 'There is nothing that actually exists that cannot be defined in physical terms', now do you see and view things as being true but they could actually be false, wrong, and/or incorrect? Or, are you claiming them as being irrefutably true, right, and/or correct?

Staying on topic and answering the question openly AND honestly would be very much appreciated.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:11 am
Age wrote:
Your words SHOW that this is how you think subconsciously
Once again you are completely wrong as I dont think this at all
But how would you KNOW?

If you are thinking and doing things sub or un-consciously, then OBVIOUSLY you are NOT always aware of them.

So are your 'completely wrong' words here an irrefutable FACT or just some thing which could be false and wrong themself?
Last edited by Age on Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:21 am
Age wrote:
I dont ever remember proposing anything as the absolute truth so I would want some
evidence for this claim of yours so I know exactly what it is you are referring to here
This is what I have been trying to CLARIFY from you. And if you answered my clarifying questions openly AND honestly, then I would KNOW IF what you are proposing and claiming is being proposed as absolute truth or only as some thing which could be false?

One does NOT have to write the actual words 'I propose "this" to be the absolute truth' to be consciously or sub or un-consciously thinking this as well. ONLY when people are TRUE to themselves will this be revealed.

So, when you are TRUE to yourself and answer my clarifying questions honestly, only then will I KNOW how you are proposing some thing.

Also I not NOT have to provide any evidence for what you said I "claimed" because I OBVIOUSLY did NOT claim any thing here.