OUGHT from IS is Possible

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57

Re: OUGHT from IS is Possible

Post by surreptitious57 »

Age wrote:
What do you want me to do when you propose some thing as though it is the absolute Truth which

EVERY one should accept ?
which EVERY one should accept ?

I do not want ANY one to accept anything I say - but if they want to it then is entirely up to them
But you think I say things as if they were the absolute truth so that every one should accept them
Where did you get this idea from - it was definitely not from me since I have never said this at all
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
Can you really NOT understand the question that I am asking you ?

Or are you purposely trying to deflect from being open and honest in answering the ACTUAL question I ask you ?
I actually answered that question as openly and honestly as I could though it seems I failed to understand you correctly
But I hope you are not going to ask me if I am deflecting every time I answer a question as openly and honestly as I can

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:52 am
Age wrote:
What do you want me to do when you propose some thing as though it is the absolute Truth which

EVERY one should accept ?
which EVERY one should accept ?
I do not want ANY one to accept anything I say - but if they want to it then is entirely up to them

Can you PLEASE read the actual words that I USE and write down?

I am NOT wanting nor trying to understand what you 'don't want'. I want to, and I am trying to, understand what it is that you 'do want'.

Can you SEE the difference?

If you TELL me what you 'do want', which is what my question is asking for, then you will help me to understand you better.
surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:52 amBut you think I say things as if they were the absolute truth so that every one should accept them
NO.

You ASSUMED wrong, once again.

I am OBVIOUSLY asking you OPEN clarifying questions, to you, in order to gain, from you, clarity of what it is that you are wantng, saying and meaning. Unfortunately though, you appear to like to 'spend your mental energy' on ASSUMING things, which, and on telling me that you "do not have the mental energy" to answer my clarifying questions.

It appears that you prefer to do these than just answering the actual question that is asked of you.
surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:52 amWhere did you get this idea from - it was definitely not from me since I have never said this at all
I NEVER had the idea that it was the case. I am just trying to learn how to communicate with you better.

IF I gain a full understanding of how you are Truly SEEING things, then I can learn which way to communicate with you better, so that I can then SHOW you what is wrong in what you write and more importantly SHOW you WHY it is wrong. By doing this I can also REVEAL to you WHAT the actual and real Truth of things IS.

IF, however, you are NOT fully OPEN and Honest with me, the I have NO intention of SHOWING you these things.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:05 am
Age wrote:
Can you really NOT understand the question that I am asking you ?

Or are you purposely trying to deflect from being open and honest in answering the ACTUAL question I ask you ?
I actually answered that question as openly and honestly as I could though it seems I failed to understand you correctly
But I hope you are not going to ask me if I am deflecting every time I answer a question as openly and honestly as I can
No I will NOT.

But if you can SEE that you HAVE misunderstood my question, or even if you can SEE that you MAY HAVE misunderstood my question, like you have here, AND you SHOW some interest in learning and KNOWING what the ACTUAL question IS asking, then I have a reason to ask the same question in another way.
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
WHEN you make claims such as There are many minds or that There is nothing that actually exists that cannot be defined
in physical terms now do you see and view things as being true but they could actually be false wrong and / or incorrect ?
Or are you claiming them as being irrefutably true right and / or correct ?
I am not claiming them as being irrefutably true and right and correct at all
I am simply expressing an opinion and that opinion could be completely wrong just like any opinion could be
Any opinion I express is dependent on the limited knowledge I have about whatever that opinion is based on
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
I am OBVIOUSLY asking you OPEN clarifying questions to you in order to gain from you clarity of what it is that you are wanting saying and
meaning . Unfortunately though you appear to like to spend your mental energy on ASSUMING things which and on telling me that you do
not have the mental energy to answer my clarifying questions
My assumption was based on your words so while it may be obvious to you what you were asking me it wasnt to me
And so this is why it is very important for language to be as precise as possible and especially on a philosophy forum
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
IF however you are NOT fully OPEN and Honest with me then I have NO intention of SHOWING you these things
So why are you showing me these things then given how I am not as fully open and honest as I really could be
Do you just think that I am being as fully open and honest with you as I could be or is there some other reason
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
Staying on topic and answering the question openly AND honestly would be very much appreciated
But I have answered all of your questions here as openly and honestly as I can
I cannot do anything else and I dont know what more there is that I should do
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
So are your completely wrong words here an irrefutable FACT or just some thing which could be false
No they are not an irrefutable fact but simply my opinion based upon the very limited knowledge that I have
Other than facts that we both agree on everything I say here could be wrong or false either partly or wholly

This is now the second time that I have stated this but how many more times will I have to do so
I say things which could either be true or false even though I think they are true when I say them

Post by Age »

I will now send what I had already written on the other device for this response.
surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:20 pm
Age wrote:
But are you open to other possibilities
I am open to any possibility that could be true but not to any that could be false
To me, this is a response from a very CLOSED person.

How would you KNOW what could be true OR what could be false if you are NOT open in the first place?

To only be able to KNOW what could be true AND what could false one would NEED to KNOW what IS true and what IS false, until then one NEEDS to be OPEN to ALL possibilities, OBVIOUSLY.

If one is NOT open to ALL possibilities, then that one is CLOSED, OBVIOUSLY.

If you ALREADY KNOW what could be false, then you ALREADY KNOW what MUST BE True.

For example, could one Mind be false?
surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:20 pmSo why dont you provide some of these alternatives so that we can discuss them
Because, to you, if it ALREADY 'could be false', then you are NOT open to ANY alternatives, OBVIOUSLY.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:34 am
Age wrote:
What do you want me to do when you propose some thing as though it is the absolute Truth
Instead of you actually thinking this you could just ask me if I think it is the absolute truth or just my opinion
But I HAVE asked you clarifying questions, like you have proposed here just now, but you say, "I do not have the mental energy to answer all of your questions". Or, you twist around what I am actually asking and answer and reply in regards to some thing else.

Also, are you suggesting that you do not propose any thing as it is the absolute Truth?

If yes, then that means absolutely EVERY thing you say could be wrong, false, or incorrect, correct?

surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:34 amAnd I would say every time that it is just my opinion so then you would stop thinking it was the absolute truth
If you say "every time" then either you mean 'every time' or you only mean 'some times'. I suggest if you only mean the latter, then only say the latter.

I suggest; Say what you mean AND mean what you say.

If you do this, then it helps "others" to better understand you.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:21 am
Age wrote:
WHEN you make claims such as There are many minds or that There is nothing that actually exists that cannot be defined
in physical terms now do you see and view things as being true but they could actually be false wrong and / or incorrect ?
Or are you claiming them as being irrefutably true right and / or correct ?
I am not claiming them as being irrefutably true and right and correct at all
Okay great. That has been the question that I have been asking you, wanted clarified, and have been trying to get clarified, for some time now.

By the way I NEVER said you did. I am just asking IF you are.

Can you SEE the difference?
surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:21 amI am simply expressing an opinion and that opinion could be completely wrong just like any opinion could be
Okay great. Does this go for EVERY thing you say?
surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:21 amAny opinion I express is dependent on the limited knowledge I have about whatever that opinion is based on
But how much of what you say is an expressed 'opinion', and how much is not?

And, when and how will I KNOW the difference?

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:35 am
Age wrote:
I am OBVIOUSLY asking you OPEN clarifying questions to you in order to gain from you clarity of what it is that you are wanting saying and
meaning . Unfortunately though you appear to like to spend your mental energy on ASSUMING things which and on telling me that you do
not have the mental energy to answer my clarifying questions
My assumption was based on your words so while it may be obvious to you what you were asking me it wasnt to me
Does this, obvious to 'me', the writer, but not to 'you', the reader, apply both ways, for example, when you write some thing to which i read?

Can what you write be obvious to you but not to me?

If what you write may not be obvious to me, then what do you propose now is the best thing to do?

Also, have you ever read me explain WHY it is better to NEVER assume any thing, and instead just ask clarifying questions FIRST?

And, have you ever read where I have said I LIKE and WANT to be asked clarifying questions in regards to what I do say?

I like this so that then WRONG ASSUMPTIONS are NOT made instead.
surreptitious57 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:35 amAnd so this is why it is very important for language to be as precise as possible and especially on a philosophy forum
What is much more important, especially ANY WHERE in communication, is to NOT assume any thing at all.

If you are unsure of some thing, then why not just ask a clarifying question instead?

Really how much more 'mental energy' is needed to ask a clarifying question than is needed to assume some thing anyway, which could be completely wrong also anyway?

There really is NOTHING hard nor complex about Life, yet human beings are always making It appear hard and complex.

Also, HOW is even actually possible to use language as precise as possible when I do NOT even KNOW how 'you' are defining the words being used in the language?

Here is a hint: The ANSWER to this question is EXTREMELY SIMPLE, by the way.
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
How would you KNOW what could be true OR what could be false if you are NOT open in the first place

To only be able to KNOW what could be true AND what could false one would NEED to KNOW what IS true and what IS false

until then one NEEDS to be OPEN to ALL possibilities OBVIOUSLY

If one is NOT open to ALL possibilities then that one is CLOSED OBVIOUSLY

If you ALREADY KNOW what could be false then you ALREADY KNOW what MUST BE True

For example could one Mind be false
I do not know what is true or false I only think I know

I think I am more detached rather than open or closed minded

I have no idea if a Mind is true or false I do not even know what a Mind is
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
Also are you suggesting that you do not propose any thing as it is the absolute Truth
I am not merely suggesting it but stating it absolutely

Nothing I propose is the absolute truth because I dont even know what the absolute truth is
I think some things are more likely to be true than others but that is the best that I can say