Morality as Symmetry in Time

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Morality as Symmetry in Time

Post by Logik » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:48 am

Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am
Logik wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:41 am
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:38 am
Very easily.
It is so difficult for me that I can't see any difference.

Point out the difference, please? Teach me to recognise it.
The difference in WHAT exactly?
The difference between "deducing with reason" and "deducing without reason".
You said there is a difference between the two, but I don't see it.

Teach me to recognise the difference.

Age
Posts: 3598
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Morality as Symmetry in Time

Post by Age » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:10 pm

Logik wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:48 am
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am
Logik wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:41 am
It is so difficult for me that I can't see any difference.

Point out the difference, please? Teach me to recognise it.
The difference in WHAT exactly?
The difference between "deducing with reason" and "deducing without reason".
You said there is a difference between the two, but I don't see it.

Teach me to recognise the difference.
One is deducing with reason, and, one is deducing without reason.

Can you really NOT see the difference between the two?

Well you said that you just deduce without reason, so that is deducing without reason.
Therefore, the difference is deducing with reason.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Morality as Symmetry in Time

Post by Logik » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:19 pm

Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am
Can you really NOT see the difference between the two?
I already answered this question.
Logik wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:48 am
The difference between "deducing with reason" and "deducing without reason".
You said there is a difference between the two, but I don't see it.
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am
Well you said that you just deduce without reason, so that is deducing without reason.
I didn't say that I deduce "without reason". I said that I just deduce.
You said that you deduce with reason.
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am
Therefore, the difference is deducing with reason.
But I don't see any difference between the way you deduce and the way I deduce.

You'll have to teach me what the difference is. Sorry. I am slow.

Age
Posts: 3598
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Morality as Symmetry in Time

Post by Age » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:26 pm

Logik wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:19 pm
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am
Can you really NOT see the difference between the two?
I already answered this question.
Logik wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:48 am
The difference between "deducing with reason" and "deducing without reason".
You said there is a difference between the two, but I don't see it.
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am
Well you said that you just deduce without reason, so that is deducing without reason.
I didn't say that I deduce "without reason". I said that I just deduce.
You said that you deduce with reason.
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am
Therefore, the difference is deducing with reason.
But I don't see any difference between the way you deduce and the way I deduce.

You'll have to teach me what the difference is. Sorry. I am slow.
Where did you get the idea that I HAVE TO teach you any thing.

Just to make it clear I do NOT have to teach you any thing at all.

If you REALLY want to learn some thing, then you will.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Morality as Symmetry in Time

Post by Logik » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:28 pm

Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:26 pm
Where did you get the idea that I HAVE TO teach you any thing.

Just to make it clear I do NOT have to teach you any thing at all.
I know you don't have to, but I am asking you nicely.
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:26 pm
If you REALLY want to learn some thing, then you will.
I want to learn the difference. I will to learn the difference. But I can't see it!

Perhaps you are smarter, more gifted and more knowledgeable than I am?

Help me see the difference. Please?

Age
Posts: 3598
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Morality as Symmetry in Time

Post by Age » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:34 pm

Logik wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:28 pm
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:26 pm
Where did you get the idea that I HAVE TO teach you any thing.

Just to make it clear I do NOT have to teach you any thing at all.
I know you don't have to, but I am asking you nicely.
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:26 pm
If you REALLY want to learn some thing, then you will.
I want to learn the difference. I will to learn the difference. But I can't see it!

Perhaps you are smarter, more gifted and more knowledgeable than I am?

Help me see the difference. Please?
First learn and decide the definition of the words you wan to use, then the rest falls into place.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Morality as Symmetry in Time

Post by Logik » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:34 pm
First learn and decide the definition of the words you wan to use, then the rest falls into place.
That's not very useful advice. Words define other words which define other words. It's all circular!

Is there any word that is "True and Correct" without the need for it to be defined by other words?
Last edited by Logik on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Age
Posts: 3598
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Morality as Symmetry in Time

Post by Age » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:37 pm

Logik wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:36 pm
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:34 pm
First learn and decide the definition of the words you wan to use, then the rest falls into place.
That's not useful. Words define other words which define other words.

Is there any word that is True and Correct without the need for it to be defined by other words?
As I suggested; That is up to you to learn and decide.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Morality as Symmetry in Time

Post by Logik » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:38 pm

Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:37 pm
As I suggested; That is up to you to learn and decide.
So I get to decide what's "True and Correct" ?

Age
Posts: 3598
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Morality as Symmetry in Time

Post by Age » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Logik wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:38 pm
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:37 pm
As I suggested; That is up to you to learn and decide.
So I get to decide what's "True and Correct" ?
That is completely up to you, to learn and decide.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Morality as Symmetry in Time

Post by Logik » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:44 pm

Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 pm
Logik wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:38 pm
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:37 pm
As I suggested; That is up to you to learn and decide.
So I get to decide what's "True and Correct" ?
That is completely up to you, to learn and decide.
OK! Thank you for the permission to make decisions for you.

I have learned and decided what is True and Correct.

I have decided that you are wrong.

Age
Posts: 3598
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Morality as Symmetry in Time

Post by Age » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:48 pm

Logik wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:44 pm
Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 pm
Logik wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:38 pm

So I get to decide what's "True and Correct" ?
That is completely up to you, to learn and decide.
OK! Thank you for the permission to make decisions for you.

I have learned and decided what is True and Correct.

I have decided that you are wrong.
PERFECT

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Morality as Symmetry in Time

Post by Logik » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:12 pm

Age wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:48 pm
Logik wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:44 pm
I have decided that you are wrong.
PERFECT
*sigh*

My coin said that you were wrong 2 days ago!

If I had listened to it I would've saved myself the time!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests