Titleless 21

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Luxin

Titleless 21

Post by Luxin »

Can be deleted. Base topic.
Last edited by Luxin on Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Thinking about murder

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Clearly hasn't matured emotionally past the age of twelve :roll:
henry quirk

don't feed this troll, Veg

Post by henry quirk »

Luxin

Titleless 22

Post by Luxin »

Old ... let this RIP. Can be deleted.
Last edited by Luxin on Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:36 pm Clearly hasn't matured emotionally past the age of twelve :roll:
In his declining years, Walter Mitty became a mean drunk.
-1-

Post by -1- »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:22 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:36 pm Clearly hasn't matured emotionally past the age of twelve :roll:
In his declining years, Walter Mitty became a mean drunk.
Hello Kitty is looking at the same demise, given some time.
Eodnhoj7

Re: The "murderer" is redeemed through Atman

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Luxin wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:27 pm December 16, 2018

Strength and Virtue are found in Atman. Atman is above all evil, and burns it out like a sun. The holy one especially is tempted to murder, but ultimately they cannot because of Atman or God.

Permanent thoughts of murder and all evil are the thoughts of the temporarily damned in limbo (as I have been today) or the eternally damned in hell, which I have never been.

Regarding guaranteed permanent residency in hell or ego I offer:

"Those who fuck others fuck themselves."
You gave the answer to your own question, sometimes temptation gives the opportunity of seeing our own weaknesses (or absense of them)...in these respects it gives us an opportunity to see the truth.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Luxin wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:11 pm December 16, 2018

If this gets me banned so be it. It's just me getting ready for the jolly Christmas season. It's a good thing I'm a 'good' man, because if I wasn't a 'good' man I would be one of the absolute worst. I'm never in any danger of cracking because I'm too stable and have too much to lose, and a lot to live for.

I had an online experience that was quite revealing, as all such are to me. Here at Philosophy Now the management are pretty tolerant, but since I'm always testing to see how far I can go with truth, and folks online have a pretty low tolerance for people like me, I can only expect to be banned. It may be that I am right now working towards that here at Philosophy Now. I just can't help wanting to find out how far I can go with the truth, and, though I know it won't really help to write this, something is telling me to do it.

I'm not a lunatic -- far from it -- but I have an alter ego that is a mass murderer, and I seem to know how obsessive criminals think; I can predict their every thought and move, as if I was really one of them. For ten years I taught myself how to be a hacker -- a very powerful one because I used the language of the computer, assembly. Even my two computer science graduate stepsons had no idea what I was doing. But it was all white hat hacker stuff -- no trying to get into bank accounts, government sites, etc. The thrill for me was to be doing things at work that NO ONE knew I was doing; I had my own secret world on any computer I controlled, and could open it up or close it easily. I had operating systems on my computer in different partitions that no one in the building was even able to purchase yet.

After ten years of that white hat stuff I burned out, and just went back to music and philosophy.

By the way, all my critics here should know this: I don't even read your responses. I moved on for a while because I had never seen so much ignorance as I've seen here. Not everyone, but a few that take the grand prize for ignorance in the name of philosophy.

It's all been about me, and that's how it should be for everyone here, about getting to know yourself. The other guy doesn't matter; is more often than not, not worth even reading. Ignorants think their comments are worth something. The worthless thinking they are worth something, dreaming they are people of some value.

What I'd like to talk about, but which I can't, because I can only discuss it with my wife, is something that would cause the weak to brand me as dangerous. All you cowards who are so bold in what you write would not even be able to stand my look in an elevator. You would wither, because you are worthless pussies. It's even an insult to a fine pussy to call you pussies.

I'll reveal something from my past -- not a wicked thing, but an interesting thing. Somehow when I was playing and singing my blues at a blues jam in Vancouver, I got the attention of a drummer who became friendly with me. I thought perhaps he was just interested in my music, or doing something with blues together. The drummer invited me to visit him at his farm in the Fraser Valley. When we went out for a drive to the store, he asked me if I was interested in helping him murder some bikers, the leader of which had married his daughter and was mistreating her. The drummer was obviously quite physically ill, and it seemed in restrospect that he wanted this mass murder to go down before he took the journey.

I was amazed that the man was actually asking me to help him, as I'd never been involved in anything more criminal than a bit of shoplifting. In retrospect, the man saw something in me, and took some confidence in what he saw. I declined politely, but felt strangely honored by this seemingly solid family man opening up to me. The man basically intuited, perhaps wrongly, perhaps not, that I was a killer. I have had people freaking out on the street when they saw me coming dressed in black; so this "you're a killer" thing wasn't new to me.

It seems my alter ego or "shadow nature" can be seen by a few others. If I ever turned bad, I just know I would be a very efficient killer. But that can't happen. At this moment after my recent experience, if I did get a screw loose, I would love to track down some people and....people with lots of expensive security. This thing in me, and my talents etc. could make me very dangerous indeed, and that's why I never pursue it, I ultimately just "Resist not evil" as Christ advised.

All the deranged pussies here can now start typing about their best friend, me. Yes, I'm your best friend because I would never waste my time even reading your self-absorbed ignorant rubbish.

Potentially, I'm my own and everyone's worst nightmare. If I ever got started as an avenging angel the only thing that would stop me is a hail of police bullets.
Ross Ulbricht? is that you? you have internet privileges from jail?

others see in you what they wish - it has more to do with them than you.

BTW we are all capable of murder, only if you commit it do it to one you hate and for yourself (if you no wish to be caught kill a stranger you have no feeling for), and never tell anyone. never kill for hire, for it allows your employer to blackmail you afterward.

plus its not kewl to kill someone you don't hate, and instead just for money - it is dishonorable all around.
Judaka

Post by Judaka »

Murder is easy champ, look at school shootings, the lowest of the low in the social hierarchy who were too cowardly to stand up for themselves unless they've got a gun in their hand. The serial rapists and killers who long to dominate others but can't do it with their wits or talents and must resort to violence.

People fear death and you could easily kill them, you believe in your capacity to kill them, which I don't doubt you have and you get off on the idea that this means people should fear you. You aren't a good man, you just don't want to lose your freedom or your life.

You can't easily kill them because of your alter-ego, anyone can easily kill unsuspecting individuals. If you've actually thought about killing people before then you should know that the best. How easy it would be. That's an opportunity which is only afforded to you by this wonderful place we live in where people can trust each other and live together without suspecting strangers or acquaintances would harm them.

To feel proud that you could senselessly and pointlessly take advantage of this wonderful thing is not something to brag about. Something you're in fact too afraid to actually do because you fear death as others do and cherish what you've acquired in this civilisation dependant upon the trust you're proud you could take advantage of.

Were it the case that you could do it and felt an impulse to do it but chose not to because you realised you too cherished the productivity and safety of our communities and countries rather than because you're a selfish coward. I think would make you look better to us and perhaps yourself as well.
-1-

Post by -1- »

I think murder is acceptable only when it is done out of love or out of deep concern for humanity.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Most of the sociopaths think that they are special snowflakes who should be worshipped.
henry quirk

"Murder is easy champ"

Post by henry quirk »

Only for nutjobs.

For non-nutjobs: it's hard (as it should be).
Dapplegrim

Post by Dapplegrim »

-1- wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:31 am I think murder is acceptable only when it is done out of love or out of deep concern for humanity.
... or to someone we don't like...
Judaka

Re: "Murder is easy champ"

Post by Judaka »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:13 pm Only for nutjobs.

For non-nutjobs: it's hard (as it should be).
Well, I was talking about it in a technical sense, though, I wouldn't agree that it's a good thing that someone wouldn't be able to kill someone else, though you didn't say that. As it just makes you weak and incapable. One should reject violence on a moral or logical basis rather than being too much of a lamb to think taking someone else's life is inconceivable. One should also reject the reasons for committing murder like jealousy, greed, hatred and so on and find a better way to live.

The problem with OP isn't that he could easily take someone else's life, the problem is that he's bragging about it and would probably do it if he wasn't fearful of losing what he has. The solution isn't to make it harder for him to take someone else's life but for him to realise that there would be no merit in doing it.
-1-

Re: "Murder is easy champ"

Post by -1- »

Judaka wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:54 am One should reject violence on a moral or logical basis rather than being too much of a lamb to think taking someone else's life is inconceivable. One should also reject the reasons for committing murder like jealousy, greed, hatred and so on and find a better way to live.

The problem with OP isn't that he could easily take someone else's life, the problem is that he's bragging about it and would probably do it if he wasn't fearful of losing what he has. The solution isn't to make it harder for him to take someone else's life but for him to realise that there would be no merit in doing it.
This is very Kantian and precisely what I hate about Kantism. "He should do this for this reason, not for that feeling, and he should stay away from doing it for that consideration and not because of his fear or his urges."

This is f-u-c-c-ed. I am with Hume who said humans operate on the calling of their passions, and the intellect is a tool to fulfill their passions' call.

No amount of Kantian sweet cajoling talk will change the truth in, and application of, Hume's insight.

If the guy does not have it in him to not brag and to see the merit in not committing murder; then no amount of bullshit about feelings and harmony will change his mind. It's his human grain in him that is set up to not kill precisely because his intellect is capable of realizing his potential loss.

You and Kant kan tell him "be nice, feel the vibe, feel the humanity", if he does not, then all the sweet talk in the world won't change his mind.

This Kantian shit-talk really gets me angry, as angry as Ayn Randism does, that is, Libertarianism.

Kant has built a castle in the air, and it's time to expose that the king is not wearing any clothes.