Walker wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:47 pm
TryingMyBest wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:24 am
It is true that no "nobody" exists; it must also be true that no devil, negative value, or evil exist in reality. Humanity is in a state of confusion to believe in these false concepts; when humanity's collective understanding eliminates these false beliefs, we will evolve into a harmonized state of being where everything is good.
As a side note, although pain exists and if very real and useful, psychological pain need not exist as there are no other negative emotions of value besides physical pain. Language giving false essence
to the state of lacking something good, in my opinion, should be avoided as the belief in negative emotions coincides with the belief in evil. And this will all happen at evil's (nobody's) expense.
Perhaps I misunderstand your words.
It sounds like you are asserting that evil does not exist, that evil is merely concept, or a belief.
That’s a pretty huge mulligan if that’s your meaning.
There is lots of evidence that evil does exist in the world.
I think that evil is the lack of what is good or harmonious. In this regard, it certainly exists today because I think that the belief in evil perpetuates it. Without the belief, I don't think it would exist as such. I am still working on it, but here is my reasoning behind my "mulligan" that the belief in evil is just a false idea.
1) One equals one. (This logic can be used in sentences and definitional statements.)
2) Definitions define.
3) Reality is what reality is.
4) I can control what I can control. I can’t control what I can’t control.
5) I can’t change what I can’t change. The past is the past. (This covers regret.)
6) What is true is true. What is false is false.
7) Reality is real.
All real things/concepts are useful.
9) False concepts do not exist in reality. False concepts are useless.
10) Values are valuable. Values are real. Values are useful.
Examples of real values include (but are not limited to): patience, joy, contentment, satisfaction, progress, passion, clarity, trust, love, empathy, admiration, awe, freedom, peacefulness, closeness, dependability, loyalty, open-mindedness, creativity, humor, optimism, courage, knowledge, respect, creativity, and beauty.
11) No negative values exist. (“Negative value” is an oxymoron.)
12) The opposite of a real value is the non-existence of that value.
13) Beauty can be abundant or scarce, but “ugliness” does not exist.
14) Anger and pain are real and useful.
15) Psychological pain is useless. Psychological pain is wishing reality not to be reality.
16) The self is both the individual and the groups of which the individual is a member/cell. (Groups common to most humans are: family, state, country, gender, ancestry, conscious beings, living organisms, energy consumers/transformers, all of reality. I am a(n) ___.)
17) Deceit is a lie. Deception comes from deceit. Lies can never be proven true.
18) Reality reflects reality.
19) When someone perceives being unjustly harmed (s)he believes the world is unjust.
20) When someone is harmed (s)he tends to reflect this by harming others.
21) Thus, the source of harm is deceit. The original source of deceit is confusion. It is not my fault as I did not cause the first harm. Only truth will clear it up.
22) “Nobody,” “nothing,” “never,”“nowhere,” and “nonsense” signify the absence of what is real.
23) The divine in me recognizes/reflects the divine in you. Namaste.
24) “I hate evil” means that “I wish non-existence on that thing which has no value.”
25) “Bad” ideas are ideas that have no value. “Bad” things/people do not exist in reality.
The final four points I have borrowed from Epictetus.
26) "When a person harms you, or speaks badly of you, remember that he acts or speaks from a supposition of its being his duty."
27) "... unless you perfectly understand the principle from which anyone acts, how should you know he acts ill?"
28) "Everything has two handles, the one by which it may be carried, the other by which it cannot. If your brother acts unjustly, don't lay hold on the action by the handle of his injustice, for by that it cannot be carried; but by the opposite, that he is your brother, that he was brought up with you; and thus you will lay hold on it, as it is to be carried."
29) Therefore, "As a mark is not set up for the sake of missing the aim, so neither does the nature of evil exist in the world."
I am willing to expound on and/or debate any of the ideas that you might consider false. I am interested in discovering Truth more than I am interested in being right.