RESPECTING OTHER PEOPLE'S VIEWS.

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Davyboi

Re: RESPECTING OTHER PEOPLE'S VIEWS.

Post by Davyboi »

It is a proven fact that most people, get depressed around Christmas time! Ironic really, the time of year that is meant to bring people together, really alienates most folk..
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: "I chalk it up to Christmas approaching."

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

TimeSeeker wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:42 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:25 pm Because it makes no sense. That's WHY.
Having expectations for any of it to make sense in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Now THAT doesn't make sense...
What evidence? Where? Sounds like made up bullshit to me.
vegetariantaxidermy

Davyboi wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 pm It is a proven fact that most people, get depressed around Christmas time! Ironic really, the time of year that is meant to bring people together, really alienates most folk..
That's hardly the same as saying other people being happy makes you miserable. Besides, what's 'happy' anyway? Everyone has a false front that they present to the world. Some people who seem happy are really suffering underneath.
-1-

Post by -1- »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:25 pm
Because it makes no sense. That's WHY.
Okay. Please answer me this question, if you would.

Were you ever in a situation where everyone around you (in a loose sense... like at school, work, in a town, or in your family, or on a vacation community, at a wedding, at a party or at a concert or opera, etc.) was happier than you were?

I also accept the answer "I don't know, because I don't know how others feel."

But an honest answer from you would be helpful to show you what I mean.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

It is one thing to respect other's views but can you respect their experiences?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/opin ... peech.html
At one of the premieres of his landmark Holocaust documentary, “Shoah” (1985), the filmmaker Claude Lanzmann was challenged by a member of the audience, a woman who identified herself as a Holocaust survivor. Lanzmann listened politely as the woman recounted her harrowing personal account of the Holocaust to make the point that the film failed to fully represent the recollections of survivors. When she finished, Lanzmann waited a bit, and then said, “Madame, you are an experience, but not an argument.”................
Is it beneficial to listen to and respect experience or is it better to ignore it in favor of arguments?
Walker

Post by Walker »

In order to realize Harvard’s vision of University, Harvard screens applicants by excluding the exceptionally academic.

Most any university, in order to realize its vision of University, also invites guest speakers.

Those who show up to silence the invited guest speakers are actually censoring the university’s vision of University.

Not surprising in the Bizarro World of ostensible relativism that dictates even the opinions of University destroyers must be considered to be worthwhile.
Walker

Post by Walker »

-1- wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:08 am Okay. Please answer me this question, if you would.

Were you ever in a situation where everyone around you (in a loose sense... like at school, work, in a town, or in your family, or on a vacation community, at a wedding, at a party or at a concert or opera, etc.) was happier than you were?
Without choice riding the winds of wu wei, one joins with the surrounding happiness or sadness. How? With self-knowledge as the baseline, one is free of separation from transitory identities that are rooted in habitual associations with an energetic state.

Separation is defined as the perceived space(s) between two.
Transitory identities are defined as happiness and sadness.
Habitual associations are defined as triggers.
Energetic state is defined as a transitory identity.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:51 am
-1- wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:08 am Okay. Please answer me this question, if you would.

Without choice riding the winds of wu wei, one joins with the surrounding happiness or sadness. How? With self-knowledge as the baseline, one is free of separation from transitory identities that are rooted in habitual associations with an energetic state.

Why do you even bother?
Walker

Post by Walker »

For the responses, of course. Without that, it's all story form.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Walker wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:51 am

Yeah, yeah, yeah. In dreamland, baby.

There are two types of people (according to this one classification): competitive and non-.

And there are two types of people (according to another classification): those whose self-worth is self-directed, independent of others and criticism, and those whose self-worth are dependent on how they perceive others perceive the one.

If you are competitive and your self-worth is measured as a reflection of others' opinion about you, then there is nothing you can do. These are givens, these are talents, that can't be changed, much like a leopard can't change its spots.

Telling people they are wrong in basing their self-worth on others' opinion, and that they should stop doing that, therefore they must change that attitude, is the stupidest, most fucked-up advice one can give. It's equivalent to telling people that if they don't want to habitually be late for work, they should grow wings and fly there.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Okay. Please answer me this question, if you would. You are giving shit to those who address the issue, VT, but you can't give an honest answer? WTF?

If you can't give an honest answer, no problem. You will just be booked then that way.
Walker

Post by Walker »

See there, VT?

All kinds of responses.

Your's and -1-'s are but 2 of many types.

Note: these two types are quick-fire. Reasons vary.

Quick-fire often results in multi-edits, or many more postings to clarify.

See there, -1-?

In your dreams, non-separative joining with the quick-fire energy.

In ain't so hard to do, Bub.

:lol:

Idea and energy.
Shiva/shakti.
Two aspects of one, -1-.
Masculine/feminine.
‘Tis the transmogrification into the order of life’s stage in the singular now from chaotic universal energy .
If alien, read all about it.
Last edited by Walker on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

-1- wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:14 am
Okay. Please answer me this question, if you would. You are giving shit to those who address the issue, VT, but you can't give an honest answer? WTF?

If you can't give an honest answer, no problem. You will just be booked then that way.
I suppose I just don't think about it. It just seems very strange to me. Perhaps it's something males do more--all that brooding resentment and bitterness type of thing....
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:42 am I suppose I just don't think about it. It just seems very strange to me. Perhaps it's something males do more--all that brooding resentment and bitterness type of thing....
Rest assured your limitations are not the only ears in town.
-1-

Post by -1- »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:42 am
-1- wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:14 am

I suppose I just don't think about it. It just seems very strange to me. Perhaps it's something males do more--all that brooding resentment and bitterness type of thing....
All I wanted to show you was why there was no "Why". It is how it is. Nick_A answered you in kind as well, I seem to have seen his reply here.