On moral disengagement

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

TimeSeeker

Re: On moral disengagement

Post by TimeSeeker »

Age wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:58 am I provided three ACTIVE strategies. You are once again missing the mark and NOT seeing and understanding. DECIDING to remain OPEN is an actual step in decision-making, which you are showing to be incapable of doing, at the moment.
You need to explain "OPENNESS". I am sorry to relate the bad news to you, but words are not as meaningful as you think they are. If you want people to understand what you mean by that word you need to give more background. OR figure out what word OTHER people use to say the thing you are trying to say. Receptive?

Read this: https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/sSqoEw9 ... stands-you
Age wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:58 am Yes I have already accepted that YOU are WRONG. You just once again proved that HERE, now.
Who did I "prove" it to? Did anybody dispute it? I admitted that I am wrong, you accepted that I am wrong.

Why does it need to be proved?

Post by Age »

TimeSeeker wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:03 am
Age wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:58 am I provided three ACTIVE strategies. You are once again missing the mark and NOT seeing and understanding. DECIDING to remain OPEN is an actual step in decision-making, which you are showing to be incapable of doing, at the moment.
You need to explain "OPENNESS". I am sorry to relate the bad news to you, but words are not as meaningful as you think they are. If you want people to understand what you mean by that word you need to give more background. OR figure out what word OTHER people use to say the thing you are trying to say. Receptive?

Read this: https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/sSqoEw9 ... stands-you
Age wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:58 am Yes I have already accepted that YOU are WRONG. You just once again proved that HERE, now.
Who did I "prove" it to? Did anybody dispute it? I admitted that I am wrong, you accepted that I am wrong.
Yes, but I did NOT accept that you are always wrong, (like you do).

You said, and wanted me to; "ACCEPT that you are always wrong (which I have done). Have you?"

I said, "Yes I have already accepted that YOU are WRONG". But I did NOT accept that you are ALWAYS wrong. What I did ACCEPT was that you were WRONG this time in that sentence. I ACCEPTED that for two reasons;
1. You do NOT accept that you are always wrong, And,
2. You are NOT always wrong.

Your "Have you?" was also very ambiguous so My response can also work in a few different ways.
TimeSeeker wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:03 amWhy does it need to be proved?
"It" whatever the "it" is you are referring to does NOT need to be proved. In fact NOTHING NEEDS to be proved.

I just said, "You just once again proved that HERE, now." Meaning you just once again proved that you are WRONG. You are WRONG for, at least, those two reasons I just now gave.

Nowhere did I mention nor say the word NEED but when I wrote, "You just once again proved that HERE, now." You THINK, SEE, and maybe BELIEVE the word NEED somehow played a part here. Was that because of my lack of communicating skills. Was that because of some reason on your part. Was it because of the actual way I wrote in order to evoke responses from others? Or, could it be for one of some of the other reason that I can now see?

By the way it was 'Me' who you proved it to. And, No nobody disputed it.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Age wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 am Yes, but I did NOT accept that you are always wrong, (like you do).
So you don't think that I am telling you the truth? I am not sure we can continue to communicate on these terms...

Age wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 am I said, "Yes I have already accepted that YOU are WRONG". But I did NOT accept that you are ALWAYS wrong. What I did ACCEPT was that you were WRONG this time in that sentence. I ACCEPTED that for two reasons;
1. You do NOT accept that you are always wrong, And,
2. You are NOT always wrong.
:roll: :roll: :roll: Few hours ago you were berating me for thinking I am "always right, now you are correcting me for not being always wrong.

Lets settle that I am sometimes wrong and I am sometimes right. On a scale of 1 to 10 of wrongness where 10 is "most wrong" and 1 is "least wrong" I'll give myself a 7.
Age wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 am "It" whatever the "it" is you are referring to does NOT need to be proved. In fact NOTHING NEEDS to be proved.
Well, if you tell me that you can solve Earth's energy crisis you do need to prove it. By ACTUALLY solving it.
But then if you tell me you need me to give you money SO that you can solve it... I'll just laugh in your face :)
Age wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 am Nowhere did I mention nor say the word NEED but when I wrote, "You just once again proved that HERE, now." You THINK, SEE, and maybe BELIEVE the word NEED somehow played a part here. Was that because of my lack of communicating skills. Was that because of some reason on your part. Was it because of the actual way I wrote in order to evoke responses from others? Or, could it be for one of some of the other reason that I can now see?
No. You are just very observant. As are most people. The fact that you find this observation amusing tells me that it is "new knowledge" for you.
You are recognizing your own ability to observe, learn and predict human behaviour and that is astonishing to you. Which is why I am guessing that you are in your early 20s, maybe even younger.
Age wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 am By the way it was 'Me' who you proved it to. And, No nobody disputed it.
If you say so. But there is a more effective way to do this. You can write your predictions down, SO that we can point out when you are wrong also.

You must count your hits AND your misses, otherwise you will fall for confirmation bias.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postdiction