The Golden Rule as Stemming From Geometry

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

The Golden Rule as Stemming From Geometry

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

The Golden Rule As Stemming From Geometry.

1) "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" observes a self-reflective nature of the individual and the group.

2) Treating others as one wants to be treated observes an alternation between what one values and does not value.

3) Treating other as one want to be treated observes a reciprocation from the one being treated as such.

4) The formation and practice of values depends upon a circulation and projection which gives premise to the value as a point of origin.

5) This Golden Rule in turn reflects to the axiom of "you reap as you sow" further arguing points 1 through 4.

6) The Golden rule in turn exists as an observation of constant cycles with these constant cycles observed relatively through facets of moral decisions (live by the sword and die by the sword, if you want respect treat others with respect, if you steal all will be stolen from you, etc.).

7) The relativistic nature of the Golden rule reflects through many variations which exist as constants in themselves while being extensions of the Golden rule both stemming from a circular and linear nature with value being the point of origin that is the foundation of both the actions and the geometric forms through which they exist.
prof

Re: The Golden Rule as Stemming From Geometry

Post by prof »

I agree. With your permission I'd like to pass some of these ideas along to readers. It is brilliant of you, Eodnhoj7, to notice that about those maxims, those moral principles.

Send me a private message, telling me your name. I will see to it then that you get credit.

Keep up the good work!
Last edited by prof on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Whether the Golden Rule stems from, or has been encoded in geometry lands us into a Philosophy-of-mathematics dispute. Is mathematics invented or discovered? I lean towards the "invented" school of thought and so all of the similarities you discover in our theories are simply reflections of our own minds. You can find these marks all across the human body of knowledge.

The no-harm principle ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primum_non_nocere ) is scale-invariant ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale_invariance ). It applies at the individual scale or at the social/collective scale.

As you rightly point out it all starts with values. From the school of Protagoras and perspectivism - man is the measure of all things. And the no-harm principle is our highest value. First we wish no harm upon ourselves, and by reciprocity and scale-invariance - no harm upon the collective.

The nature of self-fulfilling prophecies is trivially demonstrated by Ergodic theory ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergodic_theory ) certain social norms (values) are simply not sustainable and lead to systemic collapse through eradication of diversity.

This can be easily observed when one combines Game theory and Ergodic theory. There are only so many strategies that result in systemic equilibrium long-term. Neither altruism nor egoism wins in the end.

You can play the game here: The Evolution of Trust: https://ncase.me/trust/

Do observe though: symmetry is an aesthetic concern more than a naturalistic one.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Hi TimeSeeker,
Given your background you might like this or maybe you've read it already or it may well be out of date by your lights by now but it was an interesting read.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Artificial-Mor ... 0415034841

p.s. scored 35 on trust game, could have got more but am a bit of a consequentialist Kantian in this respect. :)
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:15 am The Golden Rule As Stemming From Geometry.

1) "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" observes a self-reflective nature of the individual and the group.

2) Treating others as one wants to be treated observes an alternation between what one values and does not value.

3) Treating other as one want to be treated observes a reciprocation from the one being treated as such.

4) The formation and practice of values depends upon a circulation and projection which gives premise to the value as a point of origin.

5) This Golden Rule in turn reflects to the axiom of "you reap as you sow" further arguing points 1 through 4.

6) The Golden rule in turn exists as an observation of constant cycles with these constant cycles observed relatively through facets of moral decisions (live by the sword and die by the sword, if you want respect treat others with respect, if you steal all will be stolen from you, etc.).

7) The relativistic nature of the Golden rule reflects through many variations which exist as constants in themselves while being extensions of the Golden rule both stemming from a circular and linear nature with value being the point of origin that is the foundation of both the actions and the geometric forms through which they exist.
nice word salad.

geometry has no connection to morality.
You are bored - i undersand - you post nonsence - again understand.

you have mind and wisdom, i've have noted both here, but sometimes you let your boredom go too far.............and i ignore (as i should have in this thread). lol.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

gaffo wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:18 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:15 am The Golden Rule As Stemming From Geometry.

nice word salad.

you have mind and wisdom, i've have noted both here, but sometimes you let your boredom go too far.............and i ignore (as i should have in this thread). lol.
Well, at least you read my posts...I don't really bother with yours...boredom and all, most of the time predictable without you intending it in such a manner.

Mine, well they are not really mine only, are predictable but adapt to infinite variations so they are both predictable and not and give sense to words salads such as yours while breaking them down to there core nature.

Maybe you respond out of boredom, and not me? But what is boredom really but dissolusionment. Are you dissolussioned?

Or maybe I am just messing with you right now...

Regardless,

Geometry has no connection for what reason exactly? This is a legitimate question comsidering, recipricocity depends on the linear and circulatory nature of self reflection and the linear and circular nature of individual/group actions mirroring further individual and group actions.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:57 am

nice word salad.

Well, at least you read my posts...I don't really bother with yours...boredom and all, most of the time predictable without you intending it in such a manner.

Mine, well they are not really mine only, are predictable but adapt to infinite variations so they are both predictable and not and give sense to words salads such as yours while breaking them down to there core nature.

Maybe you respond out of boredom, and not me? But what is boredom really but dissolusionment. Are you dissolussioned?

Regardless,

Geometry has no connection for what reason exactly? This is a legitimate question comsidering, recipricocity depends on the linear and circulatory nature of self reflection and the linear and circular nature of individual/group actions mirroring further individual and group actions.

we've both noted our contributions here on thise forum = 50/50 per worthy for each of us.

so i keep an eye upon for you and I.

there is wisdom, to me found from you and I.

Thanks for reply - i will continue to note any post from you i deem worthy of wisdom - and many are (some not so - i not them so).

I wish you well Sir.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

gaffo wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:09 am

nice word salad.

Regardless,

we've both noted our contributions here on thise forum = 50/50 per worthy for each of us.

so i keep an eye upon for you and I.

there is wisdom, to me found from you and I.

Thanks for reply - i will continue to note any post from you i deem worthy of wisdom - and many are (some not so - i not them so).

I wish you well Sir.
Word salad, I have no idea what you are talking about relative to contributions or "you and I". I just post sideas and whatever happens happens, I don't care either way.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

OK, you went out of your way to post the above in reply to me, and i respect you from most of the post here.

so value discussion on this particular matter - which you veiw as valuable.

??? I'm dumb on the above so welcome small words and simple ideas - and so assuming I can follow your agrument - to contribute.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

gaffo wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:17 am

OK, you went out of your way to post the above in reply to me, and i respect you from most of the post here.

??? I'm dumb on the above so welcome small words and simple ideas - and so assuming I can follow your agrument - to contribute.
Okay,

What is the golden rule?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:17 am

Okay,

What is the golden rule?
Golden Rule is Christianity's core theology. one i like in the abstract, but regect i the real world.

I personally do not think a thug kicking me will stop if i love him, and so as an Atheist (like the Jews and Muslims) - affirm Reciprocity in the real world.

return what is given you...............and noting who starts it (never be a dick outriright- be charitable by default to all - then return the "Favor" if need be)

Rectiprocity is my person Rule of conduct.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

nice word salad.

I agree with that.

There is no direct connection between geometry and morality other than both needing their respective axioms and absolutes to ground on.

The golden rule is not a primary axiom nor absolute of morality.
A masochist's "Golden Rule", i.e.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
would not be considered a moral maxim.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:25 am The golden rule is not a primary axiom nor absolute of morality.
To make this argument is to pre-suppose that morality has absolutes. Does it?
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:25 am would not be considered a moral maxim.
To them it IS a moral maxim. They want you to inflict pain upon them.

That does not preclude them from recognising consent.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

TimeSeeker wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:16 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:25 am The golden rule is not a primary axiom nor absolute of morality.
To make this argument is to pre-suppose that morality has absolutes. Does it?
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:25 am would not be considered a moral maxim.
To them it IS a moral maxim. They want you to inflict pain upon them.

That does not preclude them from recognising consent.
You are lost on the above.

Victim of cannibal agreed to be eaten
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/ ... ukeharding

You seem to think this is a moral maxim.
I suggest you educate yourself on the typical Philosophy of Morality not those of your own twisted ones.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:24 am Victim of cannibal agreed to be eaten
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/ ... ukeharding

You seem to think this is a moral maxim.
I suggest you educate yourself on the typical Philosophy of Morality not those of your own twisted ones.
I am far better educated than you are. Thank you. I bet you think your morality is the only morality there is. What a twisted, immoral philosophy ;)

I would be curious where you stand on euthanasia.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south- ... or-murder/