deleted 437

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Luxin

deleted 437

Post by Luxin »

deleted 437
Last edited by Luxin on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nick_A

Re: Lapsarianism & The Fall of Man

Post by Nick_A »

"Nothing can have as its destination anything other than its origin. The contrary idea, the idea of progress, is poison." - Simone Weil

Hi Luxin

I’m not a Pantheist but do have a strong interest in Panentheism and in esoteric Christianity if that helps.

As I see it, there are two ways to approach your question intellectually. The first is how Man could devolve or “fall” and the second is why. Without accepting the theory of how the fall of Man took place, the why is irrelevant.

As I understand it, the universe is the body of God. As such the process of existence occurs within the ISNESS of God or “NOW beyond the limitations of time and space.”

The process has always been known and described as the Great Chain of Being. From this perspective, being is relative in its objective quality. The being of a vegetable for example is higher than the being of a mineral since it has all the qualities of the mineral within it.

Man’s being is unique in the universe since Man can consciously evolve and return to its origin.

The universe is a living machine and it is sustained by the complimentary flows of the elemental forces comprising the vertical quality of being. The mechanics of the universe are sustained by the demiurge or artisans of the universe. Jesus was demiurge for example serving a conscious purpose.

For whatever reason, the demiurge were compelled to diminish Man’s being temporarily from a state of inner unity into diversity beginning with the division into male and female
Genesis 1:27

King James Bible
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them
The nature of this division led to many bad habits so even though it is possible for man to make progress and consciously evolve back to its origin, acquired habits and imagination supporting them Plato suggested in his Chariot allegory prevent it.

I know this is very skimpy but I wanted to suggest that even though the idea of the fall of man seems absurd to so many, it does make sense if contemplated from higher more universal perspective