Humans are fundamentally evil

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Humans are fundamentally evil

Post by Greta »

I felt it was appropriately winded.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Atla wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:33 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:07 am Despite the failures, the above implied a rising trend that the propensity to do good overrides the compulsion commit evil acts.
Thus prolonging the human race will give humanity to evolve to greater good and lesser evil.
I believe there is a positive trend of good prevailing over evil and the question is how to expedite the neural processes within the average human.

That can only be achieve by cultivating a greater understanding of what is evil, find its root cause, determine and implement strategies to prevent and reduce evil to an optimal minimal.
By and large there is some positive trend, but I think it's definitely not enough. We are beyond the point of no return now. The average human's neural processes just can't be enhanced enough, I think both their EQ and IQ would have to be raised by 20-30 points in order to turn things around, which seems to be impossible before we destroy ourselves.

We would also have to sterilize/lock away on an island all the psychopaths and sociopaths, and to do so we would need a one world government, which is not going to happen anytime soon.
To be effective I believe we need to raise the EQ by 50% over the existing average and 50 point for the IQ and more importantly Moral Quotient [MQ] by >200% over the existing average.

That will not happen within the next 50 years but it can accelerate after that provided we start with the foundation at the present and generating the relevant knowledge.

I am optimistic that we are already building the foundation in parts albeit sub-consciously.
Note there is the current trend of a very steep Exponential expansion of knowledge and technology.

I have often mentioned completion of the Human Genome Project which was once thought to be impossible. Now we are progressing with the Human Connectome Project [HCP] to map the whole of the human brain which many claim is impossible. Maybe it is impossible but I am optimistic given the actualization of so many projects which were thought to be impossible in the past.

However in the case of the HCP, a 75% achievement will contribute greatly as a foundation for the expected increments in MQ, EQ, IQ and other Qs to reduce evil to an optimal minimal and the strategies will be fool proof.

With the HCP and various fields of advance knowledge, humanity will be able to enhance the relevant neural connectivity in a fool proof manner.

The critical elements that are standing in humanity's progress in avoiding the mother of all evil are the availability of nukes and Islam with their capability of the extermination of the human species.
When the Islamists [the critical some] get access to cheap nukes they will have no hesitation to destroy Earth which they condemned as inferior within the Quran as they have nothing to lose since regardless of whatever they will end up in Paradise with virgins.

Virgins In Paradise
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24982
Atla

Post by Atla »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:07 amTo be effective I believe we need to raise the EQ by 50% over the existing average and 50 point for the IQ and more importantly Moral Quotient [MQ] by >200% over the existing average.

That will not happen within the next 50 years but it can accelerate after that provided we start with the foundation at the present and generating the relevant knowledge.

I am optimistic that we are already building the foundation in parts albeit sub-consciously.
Note there is the current trend of a very steep Exponential expansion of knowledge and technology.

I have often mentioned completion of the Human Genome Project which was once thought to be impossible. Now we are progressing with the Human Connectome Project [HCP] to map the whole of the human brain which many claim is impossible. Maybe it is impossible but I am optimistic given the actualization of so many projects which were thought to be impossible in the past.

However in the case of the HCP, a 75% achievement will contribute greatly as a foundation for the expected increments in MQ, EQ, IQ and other Qs to reduce evil to an optimal minimal and the strategies will be fool proof.

With the HCP and various fields of advance knowledge, humanity will be able to enhance the relevant neural connectivity in a fool proof manner.

The critical elements that are standing in humanity's progress in avoiding the mother of all evil are the availability of nukes and Islam with their capability of the extermination of the human species.
When the Islamists [the critical some] get access to cheap nukes they will have no hesitation to destroy Earth which they condemned as inferior within the Quran as they have nothing to lose since regardless of whatever they will end up in Paradise with virgins.

Virgins In Paradise
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24982
Nukes can end the world any time now, but it's not even the nukes that are the top problem, it's bioterrorism. We would need a benevolent one world government, elected by good, intelligent average people NOW, to stop nukes and try to stop bioterrorism.

Terrorists, governments etc. (not just Islam but everyone else too) can now try to genetically engineer their own killer viruses in a laboratory. When they manage to create one that works and release it, it could wipe out humanity in a few days. It's also frightening what nano machines might be able to do. I'm not sure we will survive the next 50 years..

Let's just hope you are right.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Atla wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:23 am Nukes can end the world any time now, but it's not even the nukes that are the top problem, it's bioterrorism. We would need a benevolent one world government, elected by good, intelligent average people NOW, to stop nukes and try to stop bioterrorism.

Terrorists, governments etc. (not just Islam but everyone else too) can now try to genetically engineer their own killer viruses in a laboratory. When they manage to create one that works and release it, it could wipe out humanity in a few days. It's also frightening what nano machines might be able to do. I'm not sure we will survive the next 50 years..

Let's just hope you are right.
I understand in a full blown nuclear war, the fallout will contaminate the whole Earth and make it inhospitable to humans for hundred of years or more.
Agree bioterrorism can be a very serious threat to humanity. I have not dig deeper into this area to understand how infectious agents can affect the whole Earth.

However I am optimistic human-ness will prevail somehow to deter the serious threats above. Despite many countries having nukes MAD seem to be holding its deterrent effect so far.