Do good people suicide or are they just cruel to the people that love them?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

-1-

Re: Do good people suicide or are they just cruel to the people that love them?

Post by -1- »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:33 am It's no one else's business. It's only 'taboo' in 'christian' culture anyway. In Japan it was considerable an honourable death.
I don't know why people get so affronted by it, as if it's a personal insult to themselves.
I met a guy socially who works as a volunteer on a suicide help line*. He says the majority of the calls they get are from people who are angling for free phone sex.

I asked him, do they get a lot of calls from Kamikaze pilots. That went over well.

* In the emergency department in my local hospital there is a page-size advertisement taped to the wall, "If you feel suicidal, we can help!" and contact info. I thought this is the sign of times, helping people commit suicide, and mentioned it to male nurse, who responded in horror that the help is aiming to prevent them from killing themselves.

Talk about false advertising.
attofishpi

Re: Do good people suicide or are they just cruel to the people that love them?

Post by attofishpi »

gaffo wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:22 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:10 am Do good people suicide or are they just cruel to the people that love them?
yes to the former.

bullshit to the latter.
attofishpi wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:10 amAnthony Bourdain. one of my favourite Americans. Why FFS! I survived because I love my Mum too much.
he was a fookin celebrity!! - unless you are is brother, mom or best friend - he was no more than a celebrity to you either.

and so irrelivent to you personally - same as a bangi kid dying 30 yrs ago on the street of Dacca.

Bourdain smordaine - clearly you never had a best friend die on your ass for loosing the strength to keep on living! - so shove your celebrity ideation.
What? You had a friend that killed himself? I'm so sorry, but read a little more from my posts within this thread, I was pushed over that point.

I liked Bourdain, rather the other f'wit celebrities that are forced down our throats from the US.