The Truth

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: The Truth

Post by Walker »

No problemo Sage-ish. If I didn’t want to discuss something and relate it to philosophical principles such as truth, I wouldn’t put it out there, and I didn’t.
(I wonder how he knows about this fraternity?)
Sage-ish

Post by Sage-ish »

Walker, who is "he"? One can discuss things without being unkind.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I really don't see the source of your offense or your perception of unkindness.

I don't think you understand the things I wrote.

No offense intended.
Walker

Post by Walker »

And none taken. It’s a touchy subject.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Okay, I'm now getting a chance to come back to this topic with the momentum to speak about it...
Sage-ish wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:11 pm Lacewing, I am touched that your shared your experience about the murder-suicide here. It's a life-changing event...
Thank you -- yes, it absolutely blew my world apart. And that was quite awhile AFTER my world had already been effectively dismantled by frequent LSD use in my 20's... which was always a very spiritually cosmic experience for me... an ever-expanding and connecting view of very good trips. It was also around that time that I had a near death experience in which I detached from the world, and that was very pivotal to my views of all sorts of things. I could see that there was nothing to fear... and there was no separation or need or anything that humans are convinced of. :)

So, years later, I was fluttering lightly along when the murder/suicide came out of nowhere and completely flattened me. I had no choice but to drag myself through every grueling and excruciating part of it, and then -- as has always been my nature -- I began to see the cosmic humor -- the absolute absurdities and horror of a very dark comedy... where there's nothing left to do it seems but laugh.

As was the case with you, I saw how alone I was. I was in the midst of a horrific circus, and no one could help me. There were the church people who descended on the house to strip everything from it to give to the church, even though we had been ordered not to take anything that wasn't absolutely sentimental because the estate owed money. The church people were filling boxes every time my back was turned, and then lying to my face about what they were doing. I was very kind and sweet, and then after a few days when I realized how evil they were being, I screamed at them to "Get the fuck out!" That felt good. Then there was my partner/boyfriend who caused even more grief with his greed and lack of compassion. There were the people calling on the phone to ask if they were going to get their business investments back. There was the steady line of people asking me if they could have various possessions that were "sentimental" to them... (like guns and knives). :lol: I was trying to handle things with grace (except for when I yelled at the Christians), while I was in Hell. Then at the very end, when my boyfriend and I were finally left in the house alone, we heard a loud noise from "that room" where it happened. We went and stayed in a hotel. I cried in the bathroom while he slept.

I'm able to look back on it now like a fascinating story... one of countless in life. What I've seen are that heaven and hell can be in our daily lives. We are on a ripping ride! I am fortunate that I was born with the attitude for treasuring this life and making the best of it. I've never been the type to take things for granted -- and it's my experience that my attitude and vibration make all sorts of amazing things manifest in my life, despite all of the terrible stuff that has challenged me. Somehow I've gotten through it and I'm still loving and laughing and dancing. I think it's all very amazing... and like I've said, I'm grateful.
Sage-ish wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:11 pmI'd like to know about how the rest of your family handled it
I had no remaining family besides one person detached and far away. My friends wanted to offer compassion, but people can't really wrap their heads around such a thing. I had to fly to another state, and I was worried there would be a News crew waiting for me (fortunately there wasn't). I felt like a horrible person for being associated with such a thing. For awhile afterward, I could not watch any TV with people shooting guns. It was so raw and painful to think of such casual behavior as shooting people.

My heart goes out to you for having experienced what you did too. Thank you so much for wanting to connect with me. I'm sorry but I must remain private.
Sage-ish wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:11 pmMy philosophical truth when I was 10 differed from when I was 20, 30, 40 etc.
Yes, indeed! It can be like an ever-expanding prism of possibilities, with so many facets of darkness and light. Magnificent!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sage-ish wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:57 pm Walker, who is "he"? One can discuss things without being unkind.
It’s an obscure cultural reference to the style of a bland but sometimes funny family entertainer, as demonstrated in this first minute of stand-up:

Jim Gaffigan – Jesus – Beyond the Pale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k_9mXpNdgU

Because he’s the only one I ever heard speak for the other like that in public, then I figured if anyone else has ever heard him, then he would also be the only one heard doing that, by anyone else.

Obscure cultural touchstones really serve no purpose or convey anything. They’re like the last scene from the movie, Vanilla Sky, sprinkled about daily awareness.