Partial Egoism

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ken

Re: Partial Egoism

Post by ken »

TSBU wrote:Our thoughts structe implies that we do all what we do, in our self interest. And other thing is impossible. Of course, we can be wrong or right, of course, our interest may be serving others interest.
Change this in our thought is something imposible to imagine, it would be just like trying to imagine a Universe where 2+2=potato
This type of change, to Me, is NOT impossible to imagine. In fact it is a very extremely easy and simple thing to do and achieve, once you know HOW.
Last edited by ken on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ken

Post by ken »

TSBU wrote:tl/dr.
If that means too long, did not read, then there is not much use you trying to have any real discussions with Me, because that was a rather short reply in relation to most of mine.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

ken wrote:
TSBU wrote:Our thoughts structe implies that we do all what we do, in our self interest. And other thing is impossible. Of course, we can be wrong or right, of course, our interest may be serving others interest.
Change this in our thought is something imposible to imagine, it would be just like trying to imagine a Universe where 2+2=potato
This type of change, to Me, is NOT impossible to imagine. In fact it is a very extremely easy and simple thing to do and achieve, once you know HOW.
Hmmm, I think I can believe you this time..., hell, you sure have a lot of imagination if you can imagine 2+2=potato!
(potato factorial XD)
ken

Post by ken »

TSBU wrote:
ken wrote:
Hmmm, I think I can believe you this time..., hell, you sure have a lot of imagination if you can imagine 2+2=potato!
(potato factorial XD)
Once again you have completely misinterpreted what I actually wrote, and then tried to turn that misinterpretation around TRYING to fit it in with your own distorted beliefs and assumptions.

Obviously what you can not, or did not, see was that I said it was very easy to change the way things are viewed and seen, or understood, once you know HOW the Mind and the brain work. I said to change the way things are viewed was NOT impossible to imagine. NOTHING I wrote was in relation to potatoes. The only thing that potatoes were in relation to was your own INABILITY to imagine how to CHANGE yourself. I say changing yourself is NOT impossible at all to imagine as it is something that is very easy to do and achieve, once you know HOW to do it. Again, CHANGE, was and IS the only thing I was referring to. You should try it one day. 'You' might find it very helpful for you.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

ken wrote:
TSBU wrote:
ken wrote:
(potato factorial XD)
Once again you have completely misinterpreted what I actually wrote, and then tried to turn that misinterpretation around TRYING to fit it in with your own distorted beliefs and assumptions.

Obviously what you can not, or did not, see was that I said it was very easy to change the way things are viewed and seen, or understood, once you know HOW the Mind and the brain work. I said to change the way things are viewed was NOT impossible to imagine. NOTHING I wrote was in relation to potatoes. The only thing that potatoes were in relation to was your own INABILITY to imagine how to CHANGE yourself. I say changing yourself is NOT impossible at all to imagine as it is something that is very easy to do and achieve, once you know HOW to do it. Again, CHANGE, was and IS the only thing I was referring to. You should try it one day. 'You' might find it very helpful for you.
Is it potato or potatoe? I always wrote potatoe, but yesterday I searched that on internet and they said it is "potato" and potatoe is an old spelling.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

TSBU wrote: Is it potato or potatoe? I always wrote potatoe, but yesterday I searched that on internet and they said it is "potato" and potatoe is an old spelling.
s p u d

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

TSBU wrote:Is it potato or potatoe? I always wrote potatoe, but yesterday I searched that on internet and they said it is "potato" and potatoe is an old spelling.
Heirloom potatoes look like gnarly toes. So do cheetos. Many diets find the association distasteful. Thus, the development of the large hybrid potato, and the e persistently clinging like sock lint to the more natural plural potato.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Systematic wrote:When reading Nietzsche, I realized that there were certain problems with altruism. Basically, if everyone were completely altruistic, there would be no one to hold everyone to the altruistic standard. There is basic anarchy. It is apparent that Nietzsche did believe in altruism when upheld by the master class.
I however do not believe that to be ideal. While I do see a need for some altruism, I see much more need for the people to uphold their own self-interest. I call that partial egoism. I find the master class of people to be unnecessary if the people can muster a modicum of self-control.
I don’t, however, propose utilitarianism. Utilitarianism tends to be too mild. It degrades into altruism too easily. The good of the individual gets lost in the good of the many, and the good of the few displaces the good of the many.
Certainly, you would be correct to see the problem with absolute egoism, but with partial egoism, the contentions should disappear unless you are one of the few withholding good from the many. Firstly, partial egoism does not seek its own self-interest to the detriment of others. That does not necessarily mean that the good of others is as important to the individual as it would be in the ideal of utilitarianism, but there is a slight concern for our fellow man.
Also, the tendency to help others in extreme need is upheld in part. Who of us has never needed help? But we still reserve the right to stand up for our own wants and desires from those who don’t really need our help.
This is pure nonsense!
If everyone are altruistic then they would live by an altruistic standard in order to be altruistic in the first place.