not sure where to put this but..?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

not sure where to put this but..?

Post by Blaggard » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:05 pm

Someone today asked me a really interesting question which I think basically involves almost every area of philosophy, well at least that my limited mind knows. So I will just ask the question and see where it leads...

"What would restore my faith in people?"

I know what a straight out of left field question to ask anyone? :S

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:24 pm

.


What might begin to restore my faith in people is if people, say, individuals at this forum, started out just by being honest. No bullshit. No cover-up. No fear of other members and no hypocrisy...





Hi, I'm Blaggard...the things people say that are complete bullshit.








...............................................................
Image



...and I don't think your question was out of left field. Matter-of-fact I think it was right down the center of everything that is important here.


Thank you for starting this thread.






..I think I found a place where you can put this.

.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by Blaggard » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:26 pm

Well thank you for that Bill (I think) but I don't really think it attempts to answer the question.
Bill Wiltrack wrote:




..I think I found a place where you can put this.

.
I know a place you can put that post perhaps? Let's trade emails. Couldn't hurt, well I say that but meh you get the gist... :) ;)

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:30 am

.



I realize you are a little late to the game but I DON'T CORRESPOND OFF THE BOARDS. PERIOD.



It's just not honest or fair to the other active members here at The Forum.



i don't communicate off the boards. That's not going to change.





.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by Blaggard » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:03 am

You don't correspond full stop, the fact that you don't correspond off board is the least of your problems I think.

I realise though you are playing a game of snakes and ladders, with yourself. Do hf with that, let me know how it all turns out, not off board of course, bored or board the argument you made, seems to have nothing to do with the one I made. I don't think you understand the game, I don't even think you know the rules.

Answer my question or don't but I am now bored if it's any consolation. :P

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:09 am

.



...................................................I think you got the gist...



.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by Blaggard » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 am

I think, however, you don't which is both a reply to the above and a rather witty way of saying two things at once, of course you seem to say nothing at all and not even in a sentence or at once or likewise cleverly or more interestingly in any form. Please feel free to put that in a different font or style and press the space bar a few times.

Let's though make a return to language, if we amy or might, and typos allowing. Which of course begs the question, in perhaps the only way that is not a non sequitur possibly in human history.

Who was it who said "language is the whore, that I should make into virgin."

I am pretty sure it was neither you or Noel Harrison.

Answer the fucking question or don't. But you are so wasting my time with this shit. And don't get me wrong I am pretty sure that does not matter. But you're trolling possibly makes Jesus weep, which on Easter Sunday is perhaps rather pertinent, he died for his sins or perhaps ours, which suggests to me: when you die are you going to have made pointless diatribes on the internet like some gibbering buffoon, on the cross you are crucified on, as opposed to leaving INRI. Or even this guy was a thief or this guy was a cnut on either side of you're self righteous suicide, paraphrasing there.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8942
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:36 am

If Youtube would stop 'recommending' popular shit to me, like kanye west putting his tongue down some stupid bitch's mouth, or a sheep with a human face, or some fuckwits on a yank 'kisscam'. FFS! I've never seen a single intelligent video on there.
Btw, I disabled my own history because I didn't want youtube nerds assuming they know what I want to watch, and now they just show me what the morons of the world want to watch.

duszek
Posts: 2268
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:27 pm
Location: Thin Air

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by duszek » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:20 am

The question assumes that you have lost your faith in people.

What would restore it ?

One just person ? Worth loving ? Worth being friends with ?

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by Blaggard » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:26 am

It's not me who has lost my faith in humanity as I so carefully pointed out. But I don't think loving one person for that girl is really going to do much. I think had you said that to her in response she would felt profoundly patronised and more importantly profoundly alone and without a reason. No offense.


Assuming I said that in light of the fact I said and pointed out I did not though, I thought rather well, but probably not, is another fall of man. People neither read nor listen nor even think, they only see what they want to see, which is sad.

It doesn't answer the question though more importantly. Prevarication is very childish in philosophy, I am sure though Bill is very childish and self absorbed as we have seen time and time again with his trolling, but are you?

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:19 pm

.





What might begin to restore my faith in people is if people, say, individuals at this forum, started out just by being honest. No bullshit. No cover-up. No fear of other members and no hypocrisy...



This is an example of the fear, dishonesty, hypocrisy, and general disrespect most members have toward each other;

Hi, I'm Blaggard...let's start a thread of the things people say that are complete bullshit.





.

duszek
Posts: 2268
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:27 pm
Location: Thin Air

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by duszek » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:40 pm

Blaggard wrote:It's not me who has lost my faith in humanity as I so carefully pointed out. But I don't think loving one person for that girl is really going to do much. I think had you said that to her in response she would felt profoundly patronised and more importantly profoundly alone and without a reason. No offense.


Assuming I said that in light of the fact I said and pointed out I did not though, I thought rather well, but probably not, is another fall of man. People neither read nor listen nor even think, they only see what they want to see, which is sad.

It doesn't answer the question though more importantly. Prevarication is very childish in philosophy, I am sure though Bill is very childish and self absorbed as we have seen time and time again with his trolling, but are you?
Does it not help to know at least one decent person ?
You Blaggard sound o.k.
Knowing someone like you should help.

Blaggard
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by Blaggard » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:30 am

duszek wrote:
Blaggard wrote:It's not me who has lost my faith in humanity as I so carefully pointed out. But I don't think loving one person for that girl is really going to do much. I think had you said that to her in response she would felt profoundly patronised and more importantly profoundly alone and without a reason. No offense.


Assuming I said that in light of the fact I said and pointed out I did not though, I thought rather well, but probably not, is another fall of man. People neither read nor listen nor even think, they only see what they want to see, which is sad.

It doesn't answer the question though more importantly. Prevarication is very childish in philosophy, I am sure though Bill is very childish and self absorbed as we have seen time and time again with his trolling, but are you?
Does it not help to know at least one decent person ?
You Blaggard sound o.k.
Knowing someone like you should help.
So what I should say to her is that because I am decent, although I would debate that, and she knows me, she should feel ok. Seems a little threadbare and lacking in any real insight to me.

Not disputing your argument per se it seems a fair one to me at least, I never had any faith in humanity which in this case is no bad thing: I just think they are evolutionary animals that do what they do because they are, which seems "fine" to me, but to someone who has lost all faith in humanity, I don't honestly think it will convince.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8363
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Blaggard wrote:Someone today asked me a really interesting question which I think basically involves almost every area of philosophy, well at least that my limited mind knows. So I will just ask the question and see where it leads...

"What would restore my faith in people?"

I know what a straight out of left field question to ask anyone? :S
You would have to assume that "faith in people" was an antecedent condition. You would also have to assert that having "faith" was a position to be desired.
In my case neither is true, and for very good reasons.
My answer to the question would be nothing, and you ought to be grateful that you aim can never be achieved.
Faith is what you have when knowledge is absent, where reason have failed and common sense has been abandoned.

duszek
Posts: 2268
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:27 pm
Location: Thin Air

Re: not sure where to put this but..?

Post by duszek » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:39 pm

But you cannot KNOW if you can rely on someone or not.
You can only hope that a person will not disappoint you.
This is where faith comes in.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests