The Moral Imagination

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Ginkgo
Posts: 2652
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by Ginkgo »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.





Yes. I agree. The original poster and the post that began this thread is utter untruth and rubbish.


Almost unbelievable that this particular member needed to quote a nobody from way-back in 1969.


TOTAL utter untruth and rubbish.


I was offended and I would bet other intelligent and respected active posters were as well.


An apology from the original poster may be in order...





.


The quote appears to be alluding to the obvious fact that animals don't have the capacity to create an epistemology.
tbieter
Posts: 1201
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:45 pm
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, USA

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by tbieter »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Bill Wiltrack wrote:.





Yes. I agree. The original poster and the post that began this thread is utter untruth and rubbish.You fellows deny my ight to free speech and refuse to responsively address the estioorum. In Bill's case It illustrates th unionist t rndency to favor thuggary over civilizefd discourse discourse.


Almost unbelievable that this particular member needed to quote a nobody from way-back in 1969.


TOTAL utter untruth and rubbish.


I was offended and I would bet other intelligent and respected active posters were as well.


An apology from the original poster may be in order...





.
Yes...yes...an apology...
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Ginkgo wrote: The quote appears to be alluding to the obvious fact that animals don't have the capacity to create an epistemology.
What is your purpose and intent for mentioning this? Hoping to squash any efforts for a group of species that have very little to no rights to begin with?
Ginkgo
Posts: 2652
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by Ginkgo »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Ginkgo wrote: The quote appears to be alluding to the obvious fact that animals don't have the capacity to create an epistemology.
What is your purpose and intent for mentioning this? Hoping to squash any efforts for a group of species that have very little to no rights to begin with?
Definitely not. I am all for animal rights.
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by thedoc »

Ginkgo wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Ginkgo wrote: The quote appears to be alluding to the obvious fact that animals don't have the capacity to create an epistemology.
What is your purpose and intent for mentioning this? Hoping to squash any efforts for a group of species that have very little to no rights to begin with?
Definitely not. I am all for animal rights.
So am I, animals go on the right side of my plate, and potatoes on the left side.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

thedoc wrote: So am I, animals go on the right side of my plate, and potatoes on the left side.
Thus explains your mental diaspora. Didn't expect anything intelligent to come out of a disgusting meat-advocates mouth. People who eat meat are bad enough, they silently live with their own guilt and hold deluded beliefs that you are exempt from their own moral beliefs. You advocate and promote the torture and suffering of animals, however. I'm fairly sure you would also promote the sanctity of human life in the depths of your hypocrisy, pretending to care about your fellow man, when you are really just a filthy degenerate who only goes around to random users of the board to try and drive them mad by how stupid and detestable you are. Lucky for you, you don't ever feel the need to worry about physical attack, because you use the wonderful shield of the world wide web to ensure your safety.
Ginkgo
Posts: 2652
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by Ginkgo »

removed by Ginkgo
Last edited by Ginkgo on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by thedoc »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Thus explains your mental diaspora. Didn't expect anything intelligent to come out of a disgusting meat-advocates mouth. People who eat meat are bad enough, they silently live with their own guilt and hold deluded beliefs that you are exempt from their own moral beliefs. You advocate and promote the torture and suffering of animals, however. I'm fairly sure you would also promote the sanctity of human life in the depths of your hypocrisy, pretending to care about your fellow man, when you are really just a filthy degenerate who only goes around to random users of the board to try and drive them mad by how stupid and detestable you are. Lucky for you, you don't ever feel the need to worry about physical attack, because you use the wonderful shield of the world wide web to ensure your safety.
Ahh, abuse and threats of violence, as expected. From one practice you have labeled me with several other characteristics without knowing anything at all about me, to me that is a good definition of a bigot. Have a not-so-good-day, not-so-bright-Trixie.
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by thedoc »

Ginkgo wrote: Trixie, given your two quotes... I mean, how could you? According to you animals are essentially the same as us.
Reading comprehension problems?
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Ginkgo wrote:
GreatandwiseTrixie wrote:
So am I,animals go on the right side of my plate, and potatoes on the left.
Trixie, given your two quotes... I mean, how could you? According to you animals are essentially the same as us.
I didn't write that. You put someone else's words under my name. That was thedoc's quote. I do not eat animals. You are a filthy liar, no different than Faux news or a political smear campaign. You are probably an alt account of thedoc, so would I be justified in reporting you to the mods? One thing I cannot stand are filthy liars.
thedoc wrote:Ahh, abuse and threats of violence, as expected. From one practice you have labeled me with several other characteristics without knowing anything at all about me, to me that is a good definition of a bigot. Have a not-so-good-day, not-so-bright-Trixie.
I didn't threaten you, but if you died it would certainly be a relief. I do know you are a meat eater, and an annoying pest, to me and others, and therefore what I said is wholly justified. Even in this kindergarten of a forum, none of the other members like you or care what you have to say, besides jimmycricket who is probably an alternate account of yours. I am going to scan all 1806 of your posts, but I doubt I'll find anything of worth.
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by thedoc »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: I am going to scan all 1806 of your posts, but I doubt I'll find anything of worth.

Don't bother, there's nothing there that you would understand.
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by thedoc »

Ginkgo wrote: Trixie, given your two quotes... I mean, how could you? According to you animals are essentially the same as us.
LOL, I see that you made her list as well.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 10132
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by henry quirk »

Trixie,

You wrote "none of the other members like you" in reference to Doc, yes?

If so: you're wrong.

I know Doc...have known him for a long time.

Insofar as any one can be a friend by way of the net, he's mine.

#

"meat eater"

I'm sure you've explained your distaste with eating meat somewhere in-forum, but I'm time-pressed and can't hunt that down.

So: what's your beef with (my) eatin' *beef?









*had steak last night...rare...bloody...damned good
Ginkgo
Posts: 2652
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by Ginkgo »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
I didn't write that. You put someone else's words under my name. That was thedoc's quote. I do not eat animals. You are a filthy liar, no different than Faux news or a political smear campaign. You are probably an alt account of thedoc, so would I be justified in reporting you to the mods? One thing I cannot stand are filthy liars.
Please accept my apology. It was a careless mistake on my part and unintentional.

Once again my apologies.


P.S. I removed that post. I am really sorry about that.
User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1547
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: The Moral Imagination

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

thedoc wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: I am going to scan all 1806 of your posts, but I doubt I'll find anything of worth.

Don't bother, there's nothing there that you would understand.
I've skimmed several 100 of your older posts. Most of them consist of lazy 1 or 2 sentence only replies. There's nothing there to understand in the first place. Perhaps in your old age typing at the keyboard causes more of a strain on the brain than you can handle.
henry quirk wrote: So: what's your beef with (my) eatin' *beef?
No need to explain it. Just watch a couple hardcore slaughterhouse videos. Eventually you'll see one dead young cow too many, and you too will open your eyes to the true nature of humanity, the blind leading the ignorant.
Post Reply