On the ethical structure of mind

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

The Voice of Time

On the ethical structure of mind

Post by The Voice of Time »

This piece of philosophy struck me just now like a light bulb above my head:
The natural imperatives are the connections and relations of physical forces that form reactive structures. The compulsion of structures to react in a particular fashion, is the imperative of the structure.

Equally, human ethics in the end studies imperatives in humans, and connects one person's imperatives to another person's current imperatives and potential imperatives, in an attempt to shape the imperative structure of their selves.
It simplifies a lot of ethics in my opinion and provides a more flexible understanding of personal differences and grants potential to understanding the underlying mechanisms of ethical thought and ethical truths.
Hjarloprillar

Re: On the ethical structure of mind

Post by Hjarloprillar »

Ethics

normative, applied?

how, why, we do things.

I'm no uni bred debater i apply ethics by living them.

sometimes even the person who knows nothing of ethical theory pulls a child from burning car crash.
the media asks why you did it. " i did it because it was right thing to do" [you idiot]

but also normative. One cannot think and not question actions and then /applying them.

I respect mind and life. call me provincial
from my made youtube stack
gort
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ5byLRCacA