An axiological principle

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

The Voice of Time

An axiological principle

Post by The Voice of Time »

Whenever you undertake an action, to produce a net profit of some value... let's say you are cultivating a piece of land, you are undertaking a tiresome and counter-comforting process. This is your investment, you are spending a bit of your self, in order to have better situation for yourself in the aftermath. Maybe you are growing more food, maybe you're just doing it to survive, maybe you need more money, or maybe you just would like to have that extra piece of crop because it has some use to you, whether it's cotton, tobacco, sugar, or an exotic fruit.

Now take it that you normally seek pleasure, and you move into a comfort-zone whenever you want to exploit your opportunities for pleasure. Those times when you have to dive out of pleasure to seek future pleasure, you are effectively moving outside of a "realm" in time and space, that time and space we can call a "realm of pleasure". Moving into the "realm of pain", you are exiting the realm of pleasure (for simplicity's sake, we are only keeping to net-values and not to the complicated web of dynamically changing experience that is real life).

As an axiological principle, your job, in profiting, is to ensure that you can return to the realm of pleasure, in a manner which I've more complicatedly explained in my (mostly) monologues on the science of needs, you have patterns of movement in time and space that can be shown artistically in graphical visualizations, which will track the times you enter and the times you leave "states of values", or more simply said a "situation in which you are experiencing some specified sets of positive and/or negative values".

The "realm of pleasure" can vaguely be thought of as corresponding to my term "Tren" as well, as a super-structure of objects of needs that will encompass members (individuals) and where the members will depart from the stronger core of the super-structure (read: that which has already been perfected for comfort and pleasure) to expand (read: to work) the reach of the structure to increasingly include more, and in a society that is tracked using a Tren as a reference for the society's state of value, the society will function to as a whole expand the frontier of the Tren (the realm of pleasure) further and further, by taking small steps out of it, and giving a larger space inside of it to walk through.

For anyone who might have read me elsewhere, do you think this leads to an easier understanding of my concept of a "Tren"? Of course, the use of the word "pleasure" or "pain" is completely not corresponding with what are the actual mechanisms, but for conveniences sake they might be more able to bring about an understanding of the basic concepts... a bit like "placeholder" concepts.