What is right?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: What is right?

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:49 am
Age wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:39 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:42 pm
I totally agree up to here. After this you've mixed the necessity of individual autonomy with some collective goals, which are contradictory:

You've simply replaced, "science," as the basis for authority with some notion of, "global good," as the basis for authority. Who defines what is the, "global good?"
The 'global population', of course.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:42 pm Who is, "we," and what do you intend to do with those who do not agree and choose not to cooperate to fulfill your personal vision of what is right for the world?
If ANY one thinks that their own person view of what is right for the world is right, but it could not be in agreement with ALL, then OBVIOUSLY they are just Wrong.

How much SIMPLER could this get?
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:42 pm I totally disagree with what you think is the correct way to run the world. For example: carbon sequestration, recycling, limitless clean energy, and sustainability are all crackpot ideas hatched by environmental totalitarians which if implemented would produce massive worldwide starvation, poverty, and social upheaval.
LOL Talk about a "crackpot" idea or view.

Do you really think that continual carbon releasing, not recycling, creating polluting energy, and the continual depleting of natural resources is the correct way to "run the world"?

If yes, then okay.

But if no, then what do you think is the correct way to "run the world"?
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:42 pm Why would you want that?
Here we have ANOTHER EXAMPLE of deflection and dishonesty.

Oh, and be the way, even if your conclusion was correct, which it obviously certainly is NOT, some people would prefer to live, with worldwide starvation, poverty, and social upheaval, than not be able to live at all. That is, what you "totally disagree" with, is what is actually slowing down the rate at which human beings will become extinct.
It's nobody's world to run.
So, when people say, "our world", what that REALLY mean is that 'this world' is "nobody's world", correct?

Oh, and by the way, when you say, "world", what exactly is 'it' you are meaning or referring to, exactly?
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:49 am The kind of megalomania that makes one believe they or someone must run the world is the cause of the worst horrors of history. It's sick! They are the one's that produce all the wars, oppression, poverty, starvation, and social horrors.
Does ANY one BELIEVE they or someone MUST "run the world"?

And if yes, then who are they, and what 'world' are they talking about and referring to, exactly?
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:49 am Quite frankly, the sooner those human beings who refuse to learn, think, and work, because they understand that one's life must be earned by one's own effort, and those political ideologists who cater to them become extinct the better.
So, when 'you', "rcsaunders", become extinct, then the better, correct?

After all it is 'you' who is refusing to learn, think, and work here. All you are doing here is SHOWING your OWN beliefs, 'trying to' control "others" by what they SHOULD be doing, and thus just REVEALING your OWN superiority complex, or authority,
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:20 am
bahman wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:01 pm
Age wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:51 am

Really?

What 'beings' do you claim need killing for human beings to keep on surviving?

So what?

What has this obvious fact got to do with anything here?

Did you? When?

And, would it really be that hard to define 'it' again now?

Also, did EVERY one reading this reply read what your definition for 'beings' is before?
Killing animals is evil. We used to kill animals only for food. Therefore, we have done evil.
What?

How could doing what is NEEDED in order to keep living and surviving be 'evil'?

Also noted is I asked you eight clarifying questions, but NOT one of them was answered.
Life's tough and I know its annoying when you cannot make others do what you would like. Don't worry about it. Believe whatever you like about me or anything else.

Have a nice day!

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:24 pm
Age wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:20 am
bahman wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:01 pm
Killing animals is evil. We used to kill animals only for food. Therefore, we have done evil.
What?

How could doing what is NEEDED in order to keep living and surviving be 'evil'?

Also noted is I asked you eight clarifying questions, but NOT one of them was answered.
Life's tough and I know its annoying when you cannot make others do what you would like. Don't worry about it. Believe whatever you like about me or anything else.

Have a nice day!
What are you talking about here? I was replying to someone "else", not you. I do not believe ANY thing about you.

Oh, and by the way, Life, to me anyway, is VERY SIMPLE and VERY EASY indeed. To me, Life, Itself, is NOT tough AT ALL.

Also, your experience of "it being annoying when you cannot make "others" do what you like" is not necessarily my experience at all. I am not worrying about it. if people do not answer my questions, then this is certainly NOT some 'thing' I worry about at all. I was just noting what happened.
bahman

Post by bahman »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:51 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:29 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:46 pm
Then the world is filled with "evil" animals that do almost nothing but kill animals.

There is nothing evil about killing any animal for any reason unless the animal happens to be some human being's property.

Just out of curiosity, what is, "evil," about killing animals? In many cases it's a virtue to kill animals. To kill any animal that is a threat to a human being's person or property (rabid animals, vicious animals, destructive animals, infection-spreading animals, poisonous animals) is good. Many people think killing animals that are in peril of starvation or disease is better than letting them suffer. You do not have to explain your position to me, of course, or anyone else. I'm not testing you. I'm just honestly curious if you care to explain.
Living is either good or evil. Pick up. If living is good then killing is evil. If living is evil then killing is good.
That's silly. That's like saying fire is either good or evil. If fire is good it is evil to put one out.

Nothing is just good or bad. Good is a value term and all values only have meaning in relationship to some end, purpose, goal, or objective. All things, including life, are only good if they are good to someone for something,
Your life is good to you since your nature dictates it, The same for animals.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:21 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:46 pm
Then the world is filled with "evil" animals that do almost nothing but kill animals.

There is nothing evil about killing any animal for any reason unless the animal happens to be some human being's property.

Just out of curiosity, what is, "evil," about killing animals? In many cases it's a virtue to kill animals. To kill any animal that is a threat to a human being's person or property (rabid animals, vicious animals, destructive animals, infection-spreading animals, poisonous animals) is good. Many people think killing animals that are in peril of starvation or disease is better than letting them suffer. You do not have to explain your position to me, of course, or anyone else. I'm not testing you. I'm just honestly curious if you care to explain.
Living is either good or evil. Pick up. If living is good then killing is evil. If living is evil then killing is good.
Is there NO time in Life where living can sometimes be good AND sometime bad/evil?
Living is good. Life conditions could be good or evil.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:06 am
Is there NO time in Life where living can sometimes be good AND sometime bad/evil?
Who or what creates life conditions that can be evil, and, what life conditions are actually evil?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:20 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:06 am

Who or what creates life conditions that can be evil, and, what life conditions are actually evil?
We for the first question. Hurting, harming, etc. for the second question.
Jori

Post by Jori »

I think you have to decide by yourself what is right and wrong and make your own constitution or code of personal conduct.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Jori wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:49 am I think you have to decide by yourself what is right and wrong and make your own constitution or code of personal conduct.
I will.