assisted suicide for incurable major depressive disorfer

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

fchristal

assisted suicide for incurable major depressive disorfer

Post by fchristal »

I am 57 and incurably depressed since childhood. Why can't I find a doctor who will assist in my suicide. Is there a country I could go to where I can get this help legally. Obviously, as I live in the USA this is impossible here. Someone please help me. Thank you.
Arising_uk

Re: assisted suicide for incurable major depressive disorfer

Post by Arising_uk »

How do you know you are incurable?

Why on earth would you need help to kill yourself?
fchristal

Post by fchristal »

I know it's incurable because I've been dealing with it my whole life. I want assistance from a professional because I don't want to doeal with a failed attempt and do not want to suffer from a painful death.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

fchristal wrote:I am 57 and incurably depressed since childhood. Why can't I find a doctor who will assist in my suicide. Is there a country I could go to where I can get this help legally. Obviously, as I live in the USA this is impossible here. Someone please help me. Thank you.
Have you been diagnosed? If so, have you tried medication? Have you ever taken any stimulants? Do you have a family? Do you live alone?

I don't think you should do it, but it's your life.

This may seem like a stupid question, but does anything make you smile or laugh?
fchristal

Post by fchristal »

I do appreciate the responses and realize that this is a site for philosphy. But, does anyone have an answer to my question. Is there any medical professional who is willing to assist me? Obviously, all would be confidential.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

fchristal wrote:I know it's incurable because I've been dealing with it my whole life. I want assistance from a professional because I don't want to doeal with a failed attempt and do not want to suffer from a painful death.
Do you live somewhere where guns are available? If so then your death will be pretty much instantaneous and non painful. Slit your wrists, pretty much non-painful after the first cuts but just don't tell anyone you're going to do it as they tend to save you, Oh! and remember to do it longways as the films always get it wrong. Or find a heroin dealer, as that is how your professional will kill you, i.e. an overdose.

I'm interested tho', what are the symptoms of your depression and how have you been dealing with it?
p.s.
In answer to your question, no, no doctor in the west will assist you in such a task.
fchristal

Post by fchristal »

All good advice and I thank you for taking this seriously. Don't like the gun or blade because of the mess. I have been asking around for heroine dealer. No luck yet. And, I would like to do it off-premises. So, noobody in the West - how about East?
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

fchristal wrote:All good advice and I thank you for taking this seriously. Don't like the gun or blade because of the mess. I have been asking around for heroine dealer. No luck yet. And, I would like to do it off-premises. So, noobody in the West - how about East?
You've got to be kidding me, you can pretty much get heroine in any metropolis, no need to travel. But seriously, don't be silly, I hope if you're a male you don't get homophobic on me, but if I were there I'd tickle you until you were rolling on the ground laughing your ass off. You need to smile and laugh my friend. Embark on a comedy movie marathon watching spree for a month, check out your local comedy clubs and get involved in helping children, where you're their life saver, you need purpose my friend, I know, because so do I, the only difference between us is that I'm still bailing out my dingy in the perfect storm with a holey thimble, and shall continue doing so until I beach it on the beautiful island of love with my wife. Keep your chin up, someone may pass your way that you can save and be their hero, if you're gone they may drown. Someone loves and needs you, even though you may not know it.
Wootah

Post by Wootah »

I'm with SoB - help others.