Justice v. Mercy

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

tbieter

Re: Justice v. Mercy

Post by tbieter »

tbieter wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
tbieter wrote:We are obviously in a permanent state of disagreement.
Well if you are seriously asking me to consider abortion the same as infanticide then you are a moral bigot.
Personally I am not arrogant enough to stand in judgement on women like you.

You are also a hypocrite. If you think that abortion is okay for a rape victim then presumably you would condone killing a child that is the result of rape too.

People like you are a danger to the health of society who stand in judgement upon others whether or not one child should live or not.
How are abortion, infanticide, and a personal attack upon me relevant to this thread?
I have designated you as a foe in view of your attack.
chaz wyman

Re: Justice v. Mercy

Post by chaz wyman »

chaz wyman wrote:
tbieter wrote:We are obviously in a permanent state of disagreement.
Well if you are seriously asking me to consider abortion the same as infanticide then you are a moral bigot.
Personally I am not arrogant enough to stand in judgement on women like you.

You are also a hypocrite. If you think that abortion is okay for a rape victim then presumably you would condone killing a child that is the result of rape too.

People like you are a danger to the health of society who stand in judgement upon others whether or not one child should live or not.
tbieter wrote:
I have designated you as a foe in view of your attack.
That is good and how it should be.
I consider it to be an honour to be the foe of one such as you.
My only hope is that you consider the logic of my position in pointing out your hypocrisy.
One day someone will stand in moral judgement of you and find you wanting. Perhaps then you will realise the value in allowing a certain latitude to people who find themselves in difficult positions, and face extreme measures. I doubt whether you are of sufficient metal to face such a choice with as much vim as you routinely condemn others.