State Education Law Suit

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MagnetMan

State Education Law Suit

Post by MagnetMan »

I am busy editing the HeartStart Homeschool manual (outline below)
Before publishing it there is a serious legal issue that needs to be resolved
I am contemplating filing a law suit at our local county court in Nevada
It seems pretty obvious that it must go all the way to the Supreme Court for a final ruling
Does any member of this forum have qualification on Constitutional Law
to provide basic procedural advise?

Legalities

Nevada State Education Law

Parents who decide to home school their children may only do so if they agree to the following:State education regulations.

180 days per year of compulsory text-book instruction .

Instruction must be via State prescribed textbook syllabus from kindergarten onwards

Students must take State-supervised examinations

Home school parents must register monthly reports on academic progress and allow State officials spot inspections in the home in order to ascertain that State education regulations are obeyed

The Global Stewardship Foundation, a non-profit corporation registered in the State of Nevada in 1994, sponsor of the HeartStart Home School Dual Brain Education Program respectfully argues that State regulations on compulsory school attendance,including the teaching restrictions placed on parents who wish to home school their children are unconstitutional and therefore illegal.

Our Foundation is deeply concerned with the legal, moral and psychological implications when State Education Laws prematurely and artificially interfere with and influence infant/child emotional and mental development

We are equally concerned that these Laws also prematurely and adversely affect healthy parent/child relationships.

Beyond the disruptive effect of interrupting the essential process of family bonding prior to puberty, the attendant artificiality of Stare-mandated compulsory exposure to prescribed textbook instruction, prematurely influencing the infant/child psyche, for as much as six to eight hours a day, long before the child has developed the intellectual ability to distinguish the difference between systematic mental indoctrination and conscious choice, strips away from the Child of the State its basic human right of independent self-determination.

It is our Foundation's contention that daily compulsory textbook-based instruction, when it is prematurely imposed on the child psyche for a decade or more, especially when confined to a desk or inside crowded classrooms, artificially inhibits the natural playful development and expression of the child's potential creative genius.

We appreciate that there was no premeditated decision by the State to deliberately damage basic family values for its own economic advantage. We seek educational change not compensation.

We realize that the current politically mandated education regulations are historically based on a national schooling concept designed and influenced five generations ago by the economic climate of that time, when the industrial revolution shifted employment opportunity from the farm and family workshop to the corporate mass production line.

We contend that the legislation of State-controlled child education regulations was morally corrupt and unconstitutional from the start and were only tacitly agreed to by the parents of the country due the economic expediencies of that era of nation-building.

At that time there was no precedent regarding the long term emotional and intellectual limitations of a prescribed compulsory mass education system. that prematurely took the nation's children out of the home and away from parental influence, in order to focus on producing a literate work force with a basic grasp of science and technology.

There was no way then of evaluating not only on the effect on the individual child, but also on the collective consciousness of the nation as well.

It is our Foundation's opinion that the continuation of this antiquated politically-instituted and State-controlled child education system which, after five generations of implementation, is now so deeply self-indoctrinated by its own set policy, to effectively decide on how to best administer the education of the nation's children.

Times have changed. The industrial revolution is long over.
The nation is built. Globalization is the new economic and social imperative. A new educational philosophy has to be instituted that can meet with these globally-expanded demands.

It is agreed that a common set of educational standards,with literacy, mathematics and science as an essential aspect of the teaching curriculum needs to be maintained

For the reasons stated above it is our Foundation's contention that it is only the guardian parent and not the State who has the natural right to freely design the educational syllabus which will determine developmental progress and future state of the child's adult psyche.
Arising_uk

Re: State Education Law Suit

Post by Arising_uk »

Won't help but seems apt.

http://comment.rsablogs.org.uk/videos/
MagnetMan

Post by MagnetMan »

Arising_uk wrote:Won't help but seems apt.

http://comment.rsablogs.org.uk/videos/
I knew
you were a good mom
all along :D
MagnetMan

Post by MagnetMan »

We have our national philosophy turned back to front
we have been separated as individuals
and indoctrinated via its education system
into serving the industrial demands
of a Capitalist Economy
more focused on corporate stock prices
than on an education that should be re-designed
by the people
for the people
in order to more efficiently employ ALL the people
to their full potential
and thereby accomplish what all democratic governments are supposed to do
serve the needs of the majority of it's people

must we really keep on truckin
indoctrinating our children with pie in the sky capitalist ideology
which only the trader caste shortsightedly enjoys
manipulated by a tiny minority of influential businessmen
with armed force at their disposal
from cradle to grave?

it is not paper money that makes the wealthy
more wealthy
even as they take the sun at Cannes
its is in leaving behind at home
all those millions of fellow citizens
trained by the State for five generations
to remain as servers
busy as ants and bees
building up the value of the elite's private profit

The advantaged
take full advantage
of our genetically inherited work-ethic and conscientious craftsman skills
a two million year long investment
in the gradual evolution of human survival technologies
and social developmental
earned and paid for in full in blood and sweat
by the creative instincts and hard labor
of a hundred thousand generations of ancestors
and keep us harnessed in this day and age
at minimum wage
to the mass production line
mass producing profits
that fill the pockets of the few
with none of us to determine
or realize our own creative gifts
freely enjoying our true human potential
MagnetMan

Post by MagnetMan »

Governments through each of our Ages of development
were created by the exigencies of the economic climate of the Time
and instituted by the will of the collective national family

During each New Age
as expanding population pressures keep impacting
and natural resources keep dwindling
mass adjustments to changing economic conditions
forced us to institute incrementally complex forms of mass management

It is clear to many that the current economic climate
is under-going massive changes
due to the same old population vs environmental evolutionary imperatives

all of us
rich and poor alike
are caught in the same boat
and have to adapt to a New and more responsible Age of planet management

it is up to each parent to recognize the need to reorient their children's future
realize that nation building and corporate exploitation has had its field day
and institute a new global order that best addresses our collective future

right now each of us needs to seriously think things out for ourselves
and put forward original proposals on how to do that

what worries me
is that our collective problem is a chicken and egg situation

All current parents have been indoctrinated from birth
to obey prescribed orders
we bow before the interpretations of professional teachers
we have forgotten how to think and move independently
without an order from a "higher up" to do so

In this indoctrinated manner
the mass surrenders its collective will
to the few similarly indoctrinated few
who graduate enough to be able to decide to control it
and reap the bulk of its rewards privately
but not adult enough to accept any blame
and not educated to be original enough
to see ahead and devise new methods to deal with mass change

so
until and unless some really huge global catastrophe over-takes us
and shakes us out of the artificially indoctrinated mode of childish obedience
that we have been educated into for the past five generations
the whole mass of humanity will continue marching like lemmings
to a dying Age's drum beat
and flounder in the chaos of our own destruction
Catwilson253

Post by Catwilson253 »

The State Bar of Nevada's LRE helps children grades of K-12 to learn about the law, the judicial system, and their rights & responsibilities with activities that encourage them for cooperative learning, problem solving and positive interactions in between of children and members of the legal community.
ForgedinHell

Post by ForgedinHell »

MagnetMan wrote:I am busy editing the HeartStart Homeschool manual (outline below)
Before publishing it there is a serious legal issue that needs to be resolved
I am contemplating filing a law suit at our local county court in Nevada
It seems pretty obvious that it must go all the way to the Supreme Court for a final ruling
Does any member of this forum have qualification on Constitutional Law
to provide basic procedural advise?

Legalities

Nevada State Education Law

Parents who decide to home school their children may only do so if they agree to the following:State education regulations.

180 days per year of compulsory text-book instruction .

Instruction must be via State prescribed textbook syllabus from kindergarten onwards

Students must take State-supervised examinations

Home school parents must register monthly reports on academic progress and allow State officials spot inspections in the home in order to ascertain that State education regulations are obeyed

The Global Stewardship Foundation, a non-profit corporation registered in the State of Nevada in 1994, sponsor of the HeartStart Home School Dual Brain Education Program respectfully argues that State regulations on compulsory school attendance,including the teaching restrictions placed on parents who wish to home school their children are unconstitutional and therefore illegal.

Our Foundation is deeply concerned with the legal, moral and psychological implications when State Education Laws prematurely and artificially interfere with and influence infant/child emotional and mental development

We are equally concerned that these Laws also prematurely and adversely affect healthy parent/child relationships.

Beyond the disruptive effect of interrupting the essential process of family bonding prior to puberty, the attendant artificiality of Stare-mandated compulsory exposure to prescribed textbook instruction, prematurely influencing the infant/child psyche, for as much as six to eight hours a day, long before the child has developed the intellectual ability to distinguish the difference between systematic mental indoctrination and conscious choice, strips away from the Child of the State its basic human right of independent self-determination.

It is our Foundation's contention that daily compulsory textbook-based instruction, when it is prematurely imposed on the child psyche for a decade or more, especially when confined to a desk or inside crowded classrooms, artificially inhibits the natural playful development and expression of the child's potential creative genius.

We appreciate that there was no premeditated decision by the State to deliberately damage basic family values for its own economic advantage. We seek educational change not compensation.

We realize that the current politically mandated education regulations are historically based on a national schooling concept designed and influenced five generations ago by the economic climate of that time, when the industrial revolution shifted employment opportunity from the farm and family workshop to the corporate mass production line.

We contend that the legislation of State-controlled child education regulations was morally corrupt and unconstitutional from the start and were only tacitly agreed to by the parents of the country due the economic expediencies of that era of nation-building.

At that time there was no precedent regarding the long term emotional and intellectual limitations of a prescribed compulsory mass education system. that prematurely took the nation's children out of the home and away from parental influence, in order to focus on producing a literate work force with a basic grasp of science and technology.

There was no way then of evaluating not only on the effect on the individual child, but also on the collective consciousness of the nation as well.

It is our Foundation's opinion that the continuation of this antiquated politically-instituted and State-controlled child education system which, after five generations of implementation, is now so deeply self-indoctrinated by its own set policy, to effectively decide on how to best administer the education of the nation's children.

Times have changed. The industrial revolution is long over.
The nation is built. Globalization is the new economic and social imperative. A new educational philosophy has to be instituted that can meet with these globally-expanded demands.

It is agreed that a common set of educational standards,with literacy, mathematics and science as an essential aspect of the teaching curriculum needs to be maintained

For the reasons stated above it is our Foundation's contention that it is only the guardian parent and not the State who has the natural right to freely design the educational syllabus which will determine developmental progress and future state of the child's adult psyche.
I don't think you'll win on the issue. But, you really need to hire an attorney who specializes in something like education law, constitutional law, and not tr to file the suit yourself. You'll get wiped out. Plus, if the suit is frivolous, you may be sanctioned attorney fees, so it would be a good idea to consult with an attorney in Nevada who specializes in the area. My guess i though you don't have a case.
Mike Strand

Post by Mike Strand »

MagnetMan: For what purpose do parents educate their children, whether by home schooling, public school, tutors, parochial school, etc.?

Many folks just want their kids to fit into a "group", whether the group be the national or state society and economy, or a particular town, or a particular religious sect.

If I wanted my child to be an independent and free thinker, and possibly change the world, how would I educate that child? How much control do I have over the outcome? Doesn't this partly or largely depend upon the mental and emotional abilities of the child, its interests and personality, etc.? What do I do with an average child or a mentally retarded child?

What then is the aim of education?

At some point, I believe a parent has to let a child go, so that it can choose for itself how to pursue happiness or success in life. Once the child reaches about 14 years of age, good luck with your system of education, whether public or private! Some children may go on to college to learn skills that will get them a job -- others to land a spouse who'll be able to get a job. Some kids learn the dangers of drugs and alcohol from well-meaning teachers, and out of curiosity or a desire to take risks, will become hooked.

Parents are lucky if the kids learn enough before they hit puberty to survive in the world and who don't come back home for support into their 20s and 30s.

However you arrange for the education of your precious toddlers, I think you're well advised to kick them out of the house at age 18 for boys, and, well, maybe age 21 for girls, depending on the personalities involved.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I'm going to be a conspiracy theorist here :wink: I'm convinced there is a world-wide conspiracy to dumb down Western civilization. After viewing my child's last school report, which was completely incomprehensible, I am convinced that this is so. The report was designed to confuse and veil a lack of teaching in all the basics. It was so PC that there was no way of telling if my child was doing well or poorly in any given area. I gave up and threw it in the trash. Most people these days are semi-literate. I wonder why.
Mike Strand

Post by Mike Strand »

Hi, veg-tax. I can understand your suspicions about the dumbing-down of our civilization, but I hope this is not the case.

Books and other sources of information on critical thinking and logic and philosophy and science, etc., have not been burned or deleted yet, and I think the ambitious student can still read about ideas that would lift up our civilization if adopted. Maybe the parent's job is (while the parent still has influence on the child -- pre-adolescence, in practice) is to show the child where such information is available, despite the failings of the child's school. Reading and research methods may be the most important skills to teach the child.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Mike Strand wrote:Hi, veg-tax. I can understand your suspicions about the dumbing-down of our civilization, but I hope this is not the case.

Books and other sources of information on critical thinking and logic and philosophy and science, etc., have not been burned or deleted yet, and I think the ambitious student can still read about ideas that would lift up our civilization if adopted. Maybe the parent's job is (while the parent still has influence on the child -- pre-adolescence, in practice) is to show the child where such information is available, despite the failings of the child's school. Reading and research methods may be the most important skills to teach the child.
Hi Mike S
Indeed. Very little of our education comes from school, but they could at least teach how to write properly and do basic mathematics. Not all parents are equipped to teach these things. If someone can't read properly they will be very limited in what they can learn from books.
I think critical thinking is just about the most important thing a child can learn, but imagine the fuss from the religious right at the merest suggestion of introducing it into the school curriculum. Critical thinking is the last thing they want their children to be able to do.
Mike Strand

Post by Mike Strand »

Thanks, VT! I hear your concerns about critical thinking and its apparent undesirability among certain faith groups. My past experience with such groups is that many of their members are well-enough educated to know the limitations in the tenets of their religion, but they go along with the "program" in order to get along with others in their neighborhood or their family and friends in their hometown -- at least on Sundays (or Saturdays or Fridays, depending on the faith).

Many such folks would discourage any serious attempt of their religious sect to persecute "non-believers". Group and mob behavior is scary, however, and can suck in even the most "rational" people, I've heard. Much depends on "character", I suppose, and I'm not sure how that can be taught. I can't help but think of the Nazi programs against people they thought were inferior, based on supposedly rational ideas.
Last edited by Mike Strand on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ForgedinHell

Post by ForgedinHell »

Mike Strand wrote:Thanks, VT! I hear your concerns about critical thinking and its apparent undesirability among certain faith groups. My past experience with such groups is that many of their members are well-enough educated to know the limitations in the tenets of their religion, but they go along with the "program" in order to get along with others in their neighborhood or their family and friends in their hometown -- at least on Sundays (or Saturdays or Fridays, depending on the faith). My hope is that they would discourage any serious attempt of their religious sect to persecute "non-believers".
I think Veg has a point. Imagine what a parent would do to the local school board if junior came home and said, "Hey, dad, we learned in school today that god doesn't exist. Therefore, I'm playing basketball next Sunday while you go to church?" Nothing is more offensive to an ignorant parent who knows it all than an inquisitive child who exposes the lie.
Mike Strand

Post by Mike Strand »

Good point, FiH! Even if the parent is only worried about "what will the neighbors think", the stage is set for conflict within the family. If the child is a teen, well, the parent may just have to let the teen stay home from church. Maybe an "enlightened" parent will at least ask junior to lay out the argument used in the school that God does not exist, and get a discussion going. Or confess or explain to junior the social survival tactic of attending church, regardless of personal opinions about God's nature or existence.
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

You may call me "Galactic Commander". 8) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/142088 ... e&n=283155