The killing living being for food is the greatest sin

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Maia

Re: The killing living being for food is the greatest sin

Post by Maia »

Age wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:36 pm
Maia wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:42 pm
Age wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:02 pm

Okay.

BUT 'it' is NOT true.
Yes, it is.
Okay.

Obviously you have absolutely NO CURIOSITY here so we will leave it where it is now correct?
I have a great deal of curiosity, but not when it comes to obtuse word games.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Age wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:44 am

If yes, then you REALLY have NO idea AT ALL about WHO and WHAT God IS, EXACTLY, nor about HOW God works, EXACTLY.
The sinner himself/herself is responsible for this spontaneous chain of sins because even in the world we can see the practical example, a person addicted to wine or smoking goes on repeating the sin in spite of good advice from elders and well-wishers. Similarly, in spite of hectic efforts from the side of God to uplift you from the chaos, the spontaneous force setup in the chain does not allow even any trace of change and this is the unfortunate fate of humanity.

Nobody can blame God on this issue because God has already given the freedom to the souls; only severe punishments can change the soul to some extent. But, the true spiritual knowledge has always tremendous power to change this situation. Here spiritual knowledge means not simply listening it once, but also means memorising it continuously till the decision is reached (Śrotavyo mantavyo nididhyāsitavyaḥ— Veda).

After all, the obstructing spontaneous force in the above said chain is only psychological and the remedy (spiritual knowledge) for it is also psychological related to mind. A diamond only can cut another diamond. Solving the problem without postponement is the only path in the practical field of either spiritual life or worldly life.

God created all the souls and hence, God is considered to be the ultimate divine Father. He will never think even for fraction of second to spoil any soul created by Him. He always tries to help every soul by giving true spiritual knowledge and at the same time not spoiling the freedom given to the soul after boredom of continuous happiness. This point shall be always protected in your mind and heart in any Tsunami of life. Under any circumstances, this shall not change because misunderstanding and becoming angry to God is greatest sin in this entire creation.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Harbal wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:03 am
dattaswami wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:04 am You must not kill any living being for the sake of your food
I wouldn't dream of killing anybody for food. I just pay for it at the checkout, like everyone else.
Instead of killing a goat he or she can donate that money to very poor widows,
I've never killed a goat in my life, so, according to your scheme, I must owe the widows an absolute fortune by now. :shock:
It is due to your demand that a living being is killed. If all the people who eat non-veg stop eating non-veg then all the butcher shop will stop. You are ordering the non-veg and based on your demand a living beings is killed. Hence you and the person who actually kill due to your demand both will be are sinner and will be punished by divine law.

There is only one way out, if you realize, repent and do not repeat any sins from today onwards till your death all your past sins also will be forgiven by God.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

dattaswami wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 am
There is only one way out, if you realize, repent and do not repeat any sins from today onwards till your death all your past sins also will be forgiven by God.
No, I can't do that; I've got my "bad boy" reputation to think about. :twisted:
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

dattaswami wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 am There is only one way out, if you realize, repent and do not repeat any sins from today onwards till your death all your past sins also will be forgiven by God.
Nice of god to forgive those who act according to their nature as evidently designed by him. I wonder if god ever pointed to himself as in "the buck stops here" for all the screwups incurred. After all humans expect those in charge to accept responsibility. Is god a wimp? Has god ever once made himself responsible for all the crap that goes on in his creation?

It's much more likely ORIGINAL SIN has more to do with god than humans...meaning, he's in no position to "forgive" anything.
Last edited by Dubious on Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

dattaswami wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 am It is due to your demand that a living being is killed.
Plants feel pain, they are finding out. Plants can remember and learn. And in Hinduism humans can reincarnate as plants.
You are a killer of living beings.
When you walk somewhere you kill insects and microorganisms.
When you bought your phone or computer, you contributed to, amongst other things, mining and the use of petrol and other energy sources, all processes that kill living organisms including animals.
The only way for you to stop killing, and I do mean you, is to commit suicide.
This would also provide food, if you kill yourself in the right way, to all sorts of living organisms.
शुभायते{शुभाय} !!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Life is death.
All life relies in the death of other life. There are few exceptions from this. Only extremophiles are capable of living on bare inanimate minerals.

But what about plants and herbivores I hear you ask?

Plants rely on nutrients from the soil to grow and all herbivores eat those plants. Soil is a substrate of dead things, decaying through the action of bacteria and fungi. Plants are nourished from this death factory and the herbivores that eat the plants not only rely on this factory of death but also eat insects that have the temerity to be on the plants when eaten, providing important vitamins and minerals for the browsers.
It is estimates that each acre of grassland supports a million spiders who thrive on a larger multitude of small insects upon which the spiders feed.

Cattle kill more things everyday, by inadvertent munching and trampling, same is true of all herbivores from elephants to rabbits.

Now let's talk about carnivores. The lion on the plains to domestic cats and dogs are evil sinners apparently, as they are evolved to eat meat. I've seen humans try to bring up their puppies as Vegan. A sadder sight I have never seen, these poor wretches are listless and without interest in life and often end up weak with diabetes before they die in pain. BUT HEY - at least they are not sinners!!

Typically the prospect for god's good creatures is to die being torn limb from limb by a carnivore. Carnivores have been tearing herbivores limb from limb for millions of years. Sorry if you are a creationist - for nearly 6000 years!

Luckily for herbivores along comes caring humans who think that animal welfare is important whilst realising that they are going to use them for food also chose to shelter them, care for them, give the medical treatment, and provide them with a quick and painless death.
Yet somehow this care for animals is more sinful than tearing an animal limb from limb, or allowing it to die from natural causes in a stressful and painful way - (what god does in nature) - that is not at all sinful..
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:50 am
dattaswami wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 am It is due to your demand that a living being is killed.
Plants feel pain, they are finding out. Plants can remember and learn. And in Hinduism humans can reincarnate as plants.
You are a killer of living beings.
When you walk somewhere you kill insects and microorganisms.
When you bought your phone or computer, you contributed to, amongst other things, mining and the use of petrol and other energy sources, all processes that kill living organisms including animals.
The only way for you to stop killing, and I do mean you, is to commit suicide.
This would also provide food, if you kill yourself in the right way, to all sorts of living organisms.
शुभायते{शुभाय} !!
Plants do not feel pain.
No one is making that claim . Not even "they".
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:57 am What is a body to do when it lives so far North, or at so high an altitude, or in a desert, where plant food is not available?
You die!!!!!!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:07 am
Walker wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:57 am What is a body to do when it lives so far North, or at so high an altitude, or in a desert, where plant food is not available?
You die!!!!!!
Whoa. Déjà vu.

Dying ain't sustainable. :lol:

I'd say that one must reconcile what is known to be true, with conditions. With the Situation. One must integrate the essence that is truth, with conditions, with the situation.

- If the essence is chowing down, then the essence is subject to limitations.
- What kind of essence is subject to limitations? The answer is: none.
- The essence transcends limitations.

For example, Padmasambhava adapted the essence of Buddhism from India for the Tibetan region, by incorporating the situation in Tibet, (which included geography, local customs and religions), into the essence of Buddhism.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:17 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:07 am
You die!!!!!!
Whoa. Déjà vu.

Dying ain't sustainable. :lol:
Of you just gorge on seal blubber!!
WHich as served the Inuit for thousands of years, with hardly a sniff of vitamin C!!

I'd say that one must reconcile what is known to be true, with conditions. With the Situation. One must integrate the essence that is truth, with conditions, with the situation.

- If the essence is chowing down, then the essence is subject to limitations.
- What kind of essence is subject to limitations? The answer is: none.
- The essence transcends limitations.

For example, Padmasambhava adapted the essence of Buddhism from India for the Tibetan region, by incorporating the situation in Tibet, (which included geography, local customs and religions), into the essence of Buddhism.
Not sure where the relevance is here

Post by Age »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:55 pm
Age wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:36 pm
Maia wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:42 pm

Yes, it is.
Okay.

Obviously you have absolutely NO CURIOSITY here so we will leave it where it is now correct?
I have a great deal of curiosity, but not when it comes to obtuse word games.
If someone Truly wanted to KNOW that what they BELIEVED was true, was NOT true, then they would show some CURIOSITY. Instead of just REAFFIRMING their BELIEF, which is what you are doing here.

Post by Age »

dattaswami wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:14 am
Age wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:44 am

If yes, then you REALLY have NO idea AT ALL about WHO and WHAT God IS, EXACTLY, nor about HOW God works, EXACTLY.
The sinner himself/herself is responsible for this spontaneous chain of sins because even in the world we can see the practical example, a person addicted to wine or smoking goes on repeating the sin in spite of good advice from elders and well-wishers.
Besides have NO idea AT ALL about WHO and WHAT God IS, EXACTLY, you ALSO have NO idea AT ALL about what the 'sin' or 'sinner' words refer to, EXACTLY, EITHER.
dattaswami wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:14 am Similarly, in spite of hectic efforts from the side of God to uplift you from the chaos, the spontaneous force setup in the chain does not allow even any trace of change and this is the unfortunate fate of humanity.
AND, 'you' are A PART of 'humanity', "dattaswami", SO WHY do 'you' NOT follow the efforts of God? And, WHY are 'you' NOT being UPLIFTED by God?

WHAT do 'you' IMAGINE could be the REASON for WHY 'you' ARE SINNING and doing the OPPOSITE of what God IS DOING to UPLIFT 'you'?
dattaswami wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:14 am Nobody can blame God on this issue because God has already given the freedom to the souls; only severe punishments can change the soul to some extent. But, the true spiritual knowledge has always tremendous power to change this situation. Here spiritual knowledge means not simply listening it once, but also means memorising it continuously till the decision is reached (Śrotavyo mantavyo nididhyāsitavyaḥ— Veda).
TO RECAP, I was just INFORMING 'you', "dattaswami", that 'you' STILL have NO IDEA AT ALL about WHO and WHAT God IS, EXACTLY?

Can 'you' HEAR 'this'?

Do 'you' UNDERSTAND 'this'?

Either way there is NO USE in going off on the tangent 'you' are here.
dattaswami wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:14 am After all, the obstructing spontaneous force in the above said chain is only psychological and the remedy (spiritual knowledge) for it is also psychological related to mind. A diamond only can cut another diamond. Solving the problem without postponement is the only path in the practical field of either spiritual life or worldly life.
WHAT 'problem' is 'that' EXACTLY?
dattaswami wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:14 am God created all the souls and hence, God is considered to be the ultimate divine Father. He will never think even for fraction of second to spoil any soul created by Him. He always tries to help every soul by giving true spiritual knowledge and at the same time not spoiling the freedom given to the soul after boredom of continuous happiness.
So, AGAIN, WHY do 'you' NOT listen to and follow the True and ACTUAL Spiritual Knowledge, Itself?
dattaswami wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:14 am This point shall be always protected in your mind and heart in any Tsunami of life. Under any circumstances, this shall not change because misunderstanding and becoming angry to God is greatest sin in this entire creation.
LOL, is it REALLY?

Do 'you' think or BELIEVE God cares ONE IOTA if 'you' became angry with God?

By the way, what 'you' are doing here is ACTUALLY, literally, the 'greatest' and ONLY 'sin'

Post by Age »

dattaswami wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 am
Harbal wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:03 am
dattaswami wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:04 am You must not kill any living being for the sake of your food
I wouldn't dream of killing anybody for food. I just pay for it at the checkout, like everyone else.
Instead of killing a goat he or she can donate that money to very poor widows,
I've never killed a goat in my life, so, according to your scheme, I must owe the widows an absolute fortune by now. :shock:
It is due to your demand that a living being is killed. If all the people who eat non-veg stop eating non-veg then all the butcher shop will stop.
And, if all the people who use gasoline stopped using gasoline, then all the gasoline shops will stop/close, ALSO. But, so what?
And, if all the people who eat vegetables stop eating vegetables, then all the vegetable shops will stop/close, AS WELL. But, so what?

If you want to argue, soundly AND validly, WHY it is Wrong to KILL and EAT animals, then this is a VERY SIMPLE and EASY thing to do. But, mentioning butcher shops will stop or close IF people stop eating meat will do nothing but just express a BLATANTLY OBVIOUS Fact.
dattaswami wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 am You are ordering the non-veg and based on your demand a living beings is killed. Hence you and the person who actually kill due to your demand both will be are sinner and will be punished by divine law.

Do 'you' REALIZE "dattaswami" that 'you' are ALSO COMMITTING 'sin' right here, right now, AS WELL?

Post by Age »

Dubious wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:48 am
dattaswami wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 am There is only one way out, if you realize, repent and do not repeat any sins from today onwards till your death all your past sins also will be forgiven by God.
Nice of god to forgive those who act according to their nature as evidently designed by him. I wonder if god ever pointed to himself as in "the buck stops here" for all the screwups incurred.
And, 'what' so-called 'screw ups' are they, EXACTLY?
After all humans expect those in charge to accept responsibility.
LOL Expecting 'your' so-called 'leaders' to 'accept responsibility' left 'you', human beings, millennia ago.

Oh, and by the way, the ONLY ones who are MEANT TO BE 'leaders' are 'you', adult human beings.
Is god a wimp?
In regards to 'what', EXACTLY?

If one is ACCEPTING and TAKING 'responsibility', but NO one else is even LISTENING to that one and also NOT OBSERVING what is REALLY taking place, then asking if that one is a wimp is a form of NOT 'accepting responsibility' itself.
Has god ever once made himself responsible for all the crap that goes on in his creation?
1. God is NOT a male gender of ANY thing.

2. Considering NONE of 'you' have LISTENED to God, FULLY, then NONE of 'you' would KNOW, IRREFUTABLY, IF God is ACCEPTING 'responsibility' or NOT.
Dubious wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:48 am It's much more likely ORIGINAL SIN has more to do with god than humans...meaning, he's in no position to "forgive" anything.
So, it appears here that 'you' BELIEVE that 'god' exists "dubious". Is this correct?