The killing living being for food is the greatest sin

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Maia

Re: The killing living being for food is the greatest sin

Post by Maia »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:12 pm
Maia wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:01 pm
Age wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:51 pm

And I asked for evidence, not DEFLECTION and IGNORANCE.

And, what can be CLEARLY SEEN I SPELLED OUT EXACTLY what I wanted EVIDENCE FOR.

Now, what do 'you' want EVIDENCE FOR, EXACTLY?
That you don't believe anything,
What kind of 'evidence' could I provide to 'you', a human being who BELIEVES WHOLEHEARTEDLY and ABSOLUTELY that human beings could NOT even function, let alone live and survive, without BELIEFS?

Would JUST DYING be ENOUGH 'evidence' for 'you' "maia"? Or, would ANY thing else suffice?
Maia wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:01 pmbecause your actions belie your words.
And what 'actions' are they EXACTLY? Would they be living, and breathing?
Maia wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:01 pm You post here and continue this conversation, for example, you you must believe it has some sort of existence.
WHY MUST I?

Do 'you' REALLY and Truly BELIEVE that I would just STOP FUNCTIONING and/or just DROP DEAD, if I did NOT believe that this conversation has some sort of existence?
Maia wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:01 pm Since I asked first, I'll expect an answer before proceeding.
WHEN 'you' INFORM the readers here of HOW I could PROVIDE 'you' WITH EVIDENCE that I do NOT believe ANY thing, then I CAN give 'you' THAT ANSWER.

Until then I have NO idea HOW I could PROVIDE 'you' WITH EVIDENCE for SOME 'thing', which you BELIEVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY that there is absolutely NO 'evidence' FOR.

Are 'you' ABLE to SEE 'the dilemma' here?
Ok, done with this now. You are welcome to your beliefs about not believing.

Post by Age »

Maia wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:15 pm
Age wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:12 pm
Maia wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:01 pm

That you don't believe anything,
What kind of 'evidence' could I provide to 'you', a human being who BELIEVES WHOLEHEARTEDLY and ABSOLUTELY that human beings could NOT even function, let alone live and survive, without BELIEFS?

Would JUST DYING be ENOUGH 'evidence' for 'you' "maia"? Or, would ANY thing else suffice?
Maia wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:01 pmbecause your actions belie your words.
And what 'actions' are they EXACTLY? Would they be living, and breathing?
Maia wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:01 pm You post here and continue this conversation, for example, you you must believe it has some sort of existence.
WHY MUST I?

Do 'you' REALLY and Truly BELIEVE that I would just STOP FUNCTIONING and/or just DROP DEAD, if I did NOT believe that this conversation has some sort of existence?
Maia wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:01 pm Since I asked first, I'll expect an answer before proceeding.
WHEN 'you' INFORM the readers here of HOW I could PROVIDE 'you' WITH EVIDENCE that I do NOT believe ANY thing, then I CAN give 'you' THAT ANSWER.

Until then I have NO idea HOW I could PROVIDE 'you' WITH EVIDENCE for SOME 'thing', which you BELIEVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY that there is absolutely NO 'evidence' FOR.

Are 'you' ABLE to SEE 'the dilemma' here?
Ok, done with this now. You are welcome to your beliefs about not believing.
So, ONCE AGAIN, here we have ANOTHER one who MAKES CLAIMS or WANTS 'things', but when ASKED for CLARITY they RUN AWAY.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

First, there is no such thing as sin. Killing and eating other life forms is a harsh reality, a reality one cannot escape. It is represented mythologically by the image of the snake consuming its own tail and is called, "The Uroboros". Sin by definition is offending a supernatural imaginary entity and thus has no credibility. Even the vegetarian is living off other life forms as a necessity to remain in being.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

dattaswami wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:04 am You must not kill any living being for the sake of your food or for offering to God (applicable for all religions and all people including atheists)
Instead of killing a goat he or she can donate that money to very poor widows, children who cannot work, aged people so that they will utilize the money properly like buying medicine and basic food(not non-veg food) etc.

Anyone who kills anyone or anything and sacrifices it to the Abrahamic God, is doing a sin anyways.
1. these were committed in the old testament to show the willingness to God. the purity of the untainted lamb, or the first born son. ( the beloved of the flock-flock of the family, or flock of the herd)
2. The reasons whilst these occurred was to put there sins of the family upon the creature to sacrifice to the lord for forgiveness. Every household did such things to acquire repentance, and by doing so they did.
3. Only by sinning gods beloved son to die for us was the actions not needed anymore. We don't have to kill the most precious anymore for something much more precious and full of such purity mire than we could imagine was brutally tortured the worst torture amongst men, and by doing so the romans not knowing then, put the sins of man upon Yeshua and layed him on the cross to die with them. and with his last breath "it is finished" the sins of the world were never solely stationary here in a sense. Only now could we repent on our own through faith in Yeshua to forgive us once again.

at least this is true for the Christians
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:25 am I have chosen to be a vegetarian for reasons of personal purification and health. I do not, however, consider eating meat to be morally wrong. After all, we have evolved to do exactly that, though we don't have to. My choice is my own.
im a year late to this but my podcast needs this fuel lol. age is just rambling that's all he does him and vegiebrain. I don't care if your vegetarian but i do believe the body needs meat. maybe just a week out of the month to consume pure healthy protein instead of peanut butter and other substitutes. but its not selfish in what he said and meant. you obviously know this but just wanted to say that simply reading his and others posts just show me people have absolutely no open-mindedness in life for others wat so ever and its fucking exhausting.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Age wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:46 am
Maia wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:25 am I have chosen to be a vegetarian for reasons of personal purification and health. I do not, however, consider eating meat to be morally wrong. After all, we have evolved to do exactly that, though we don't have to. My choice is my own.
So, you have CHOSEN not to eat meat for very selfish reasons.
how the hell is it selfish????????? You dont know what selfish is do you.
well here let me explain...lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure: so???/ What was the gain she stripped from something or a situation that gave her personal gain? absolutely nothing. goddamn imbecile like what the actual fuck. literally just trying to argue cause u have a keyboard.

Post by Age »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:32 am
how the hell is it selfish????????? You dont know what selfish is do you.
you ask me a question on the PRETENCE of seeking CLARIFICATION. YET, BEFORE I even get A CHANCE to ANSWER your question, you BELIEVE you ALREADY KNOW the ANSWER, and then PROCEED ON from your OWN CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY Wrong and False ASSUMPTION, CONCLUSION, and BELIEF.

Which I WILL LEAVE you WITH, and TO.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:32 am well here let me explain...lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure: so???/
Are you here MAKING A STATEMENT and CLAIM, OR, asking A QUESTION? There are, after all, a few question marks at the end.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:32 am What was the gain she stripped from something or a situation that gave her personal gain? absolutely nothing. goddamn imbecile like what the actual fuck. literally just trying to argue cause u have a keyboard.
you REALLY DO have SO MUCH MORE TO LEARN and UNDERSTAND here.

But, SADLY, it appears that it would NOT MATTER one iota, even IF I was GIVEN A CHANCE to RESPOND AND CLARIFY, you are NOT AT ALL OPEN to LEARNING NOR UNDERSTANDING what 'it' WAS that I WAS ACTUALLY GETTING AT, and TO, here.

you have ALREADY CONCLUDED 'things' here, and that is ALL THAT MATTERS, to you, RIGHT?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Humans are primarily meat eaters and are fully adapted to that way of eating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxW-JKLeu1k
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Age wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:41 pm
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:32 am

you have ALREADY CONCLUDED 'things' here, and that is ALL THAT MATTERS, to you, RIGHT?
you make absolutely no sense and are clearly just rambling on caps lock.

Post by Age »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:39 pm
Age wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:41 pm you have ALREADY CONCLUDED 'things' here, and that is ALL THAT MATTERS, to you, RIGHT?
I make absolutely NO sense, to you, BECAUSE you are ASSUMING what I am meaning, and, OBVIOUSLY, what you are ASSUMING makes absolutely NO sense AT ALL.

Also, you are only ASSUMING I am 'rambling' BECAUSE you have NEVER even attempted to OBTAIN CLARITY. This is BECAUSE what you BELIEVE is true here will NOT ALLOW you to.

Furthermore your THIRD ASSUMPTION here is ALSO Wrong.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Age wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:52 pm
Age wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:41 pm you have ALREADY CONCLUDED 'things' here, and that is ALL THAT MATTERS, to you, RIGHT?
I make absolutely NO sense, to you, BECAUSE you are ASSUMING what I am meaning, and, OBVIOUSLY, what you are ASSUMING makes absolutely NO sense AT ALL.

Also, you are only ASSUMING I am 'rambling' BECAUSE you have NEVER even attempted to OBTAIN CLARITY. This is BECAUSE what you BELIEVE is true here will NOT ALLOW you to.

unfinished sentences and open trails speaking is not philosophy, you sound dumber than a sack of rocks talking like that its ridiculous.

Post by Age »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:10 pm
Age wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:52 pm

unfinished sentences and open trails speaking is not philosophy, you sound dumber than a sack of rocks talking like that its ridiculous.
What IS 'philosophy', to you, EXACTLY?
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

This, a not-bad post!

Killing and being killed is a fact of life.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

That means ... oh no! :mrgreen: