Gun Control

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Gun Control

Post by Walker »

iambiguous wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:15 am
On the other hand, here in America there are any number Proud Boys and their ilk itching to bring it back around.
You know, I've heard the name but never checked it out. Proud Boys? Weird name. What's the deal with the Proud Boys?

What led up to your reference, was the Nazi salute.

In the 70’s we were visiting the Smithsonian Museums in D.C. We were in the technology museum, which at the time was the closest in the mall to the Washington Monument, and closest to the White House. The clan was smaller then, and we were closer in time to real Nazis that we are now, to the 70's.

So, we are in a display room, not too big, and around the corner strides about eight Nazis. Tall, medium, and short. They were all wearing the same type of uniform. I would call the design, casual Nazi street wear. All buttoned up and neat, swastikas all around, brown and red, wool and leather. Jackboots of course. I examined them. There were about eight of them, an obvious leader who was neither a large man nor a small man but if I had to say, he leaned towards small. And young but older than the others. He was the bold and brave one and he did not smile, rather, he walked with his hands behind his back one clasped to the other wrist which creates a different posture than handcuffs. He had a couple of underlings who stayed close and the rest moved about, mirroring mannerisms and serious looks that didn’t hide dopiness. They examined the displays and their labels, all of which I don’t remember. I didn’t see any brutal ones. They weren’t pudgy in the 70’s. Some had complexion problems that could be severe back then, but now there’s medicine. They were young but they were legally men all right, but they were just on the cusp of manhood. They weren’t yet real men, but they had some strange vision of the world all right. In their noggins they were in a different time and in a different place, and that made them Romantics. Nazi Romantics. Go figure. How could they not be, strutting around in those outfits. Clowns is more like it. More precise.

I considered that theirs was performance art, but rejected the notion. Such effort would be recorded for posterity, and in those days of film acetate the recording devices were obvious. No, they meant what they were doing. Other people in the room were shocked. A woman turned to me and whoa, her eyes. Torment and shock. And a pleading for me to do something. I just frowned and shook my head, and brought her down to earth enough to calmly leave the room with dignity. It’s all about perspective. Those whackos were not carrying weapons and the uniforms did not allow for concealment.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:56 pm
On the other hand, here in America there are any number Proud Boys and their ilk itching to bring it back around.
You know, I've heard the name but never checked it out. Proud Boys? Weird name. What's the deal with the Proud Boys?
Surely you cannot be THAT ignorant of your own current affairs?

FFS!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:20 pm Surely you cannot be THAT ignorant of your own current affairs?

FFS!
'fraid so. They're probably just a "thing," in the media. You know, like the media likes to falsely link the KKK to middle-class Republicans.

My attention goes where it must.

Wu wei* may change the direction of the flood, but not the flood.

* Part of which is choiceless doing.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Are the Proud Boys like those violent folks who wear all black and show up at riots?

Those trouble-makers all seem to be hired losers.

Is that what the Proud Boys are, and they took a counter-intuitive name?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:38 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:20 pm Surely you cannot be THAT ignorant of your own current affairs?

FFS!
'fraid so. They're probably just a "thing," in the media. You know, like the media likes to falsely link the KKK to middle-class Republicans.

What media outlet has ever linked the Klan to Republicans?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:38 pm

FFS!

KKK are middle class repugs.

Wu wei means staying full of shit. You have achieved that state.
Grats
Walker

Post by Walker »

No it doesn't, silly fellow.

I wonder if these Proud Boy People read The Daily Mail.

The results are IN: 72% of DailyMail.com readers DISAPPROVE of FBI's raid on Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... state.html
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: What media outlet has ever linked the Klan to Republicans?
Obviously, Sculptor’s authoritative source.
Sculptor wrote: KKK are middle class repugs.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Walker wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:59 am
Walker wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:45 am- If you hear the second one hollered, run for your life.
On the other hand, not all Muslims are intent on slaughtering the infidels when they shout it.
- Not every human has the capacity for wet work.
- Tacit approval by Muslims is in the silence that does not condemn slaughtering.
- The Muslims who do the wet work, do shout #2!
- Shouting #2! probably happens before every Muslim slaughter, or rather, every slaughtering of infidels by a Muslim.

- Shouting #3! is never a prelude to a slaughter, because that would be a Severe Oxymoron.
Again, history is rife with Christians more than willing to do the wet work. And to lump all Muslims into the wet work mold tells us far more about you than it does about them.
Walker

Post by Walker »

iambiguous wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:10 am And to lump all Muslims into the wet work mold tells us far more about you than it does about them.
Except, I didn't do that.

Since you're getting personal, that little false assertion by you, says everything about you.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Muslims are generally cool until you give them guns, then they get all excited and militant. But the vast majority of Sunni and Shiite are laid back travelers of both time and space from the land where the Sun touches the erf.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"ewwwwwwwwwwwww, oh baby... i been flyin. luuuuuuuuuuu-yeah! uumama baby, ain't no denyin. oh! ewwwwwwwuuew-yeahzz...." - Robert Anthony Plant
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

All men have the inalienable right to shoot one another. I hold this truth to be self-evident.
Walker

Post by Walker »

What's self-evident is that death is not the intent of the constitution.
Life is the intent of the constitution.

Death is the intent of abortion.
Ergo, abortion is unconstitutional.

What's self-evident is the meaning of Frederick's meme:

The ballot box is the Pen.
The jury box is the real social justice.
The cartridge box defends The Pen.