Gun Control

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Gun Control

Post by henry quirk »

Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:38 pm All men have the inalienable right to shoot one another. I hold this truth to be self-evident.
No, each man has an inalienable right to his, and no other's, life, liberty, and property.

Takin' another's life -- with fist, knife, club, gun, etc. -- outside of self-defense or defense of another is wrong.
Walker

Post by Walker »

henryquirk wrote:...
One thing led to another and I found myself reading this, which is interesting.

ARISTOTLE’S ARGUMENTS FOR PRIVATE PROPERTY
https://www.libertarianism.org/articles ... e-property
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:15 pm

Death is the intent of abortion.
Ergo, abortion is unconstitutional.
Then so is capital punishment.

Besides, if the "constitution" is not serving the needs of the people, the constitution needs amending.
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:15 pm

The ballot box is the Pen.
Well let the people decide whether they want the right to abortion, although only women should be allowed to vote in that particular referendum.
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:15 pm The cartridge box defends The Pen.
I don't know what that means. Can you give some examples of how the cartridge box has defended the pen in modern times?
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Walker wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:57 pm
iambiguous wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:10 am And to lump all Muslims into the wet work mold tells us far more about you than it does about them.
Except, I didn't do that.

Since you're getting personal, that little false assertion by you, says everything about you.
Right. I'm sure that Muslims here won't take anything you say about them personally.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Weapons change into deadlier and deadlier objects designed with only one purpose, to maim and kill.

From the spear...

To the gun...

To the atomic bomb....there is nothing wrong with any of it...it's the nature of the beast that is animal life out for itself at the cost of itself for there is no other than nature feeding off of itself, by the only means available, to kill itself.

It's all pretty much normal behavior.

If you do not like reality in it's raw and real and true nature, then stop feeding it, by making more of it through procreation, this is not too difficult to work out.

What you going to do...lock everyone who has the right to defend itself up in prison...oh that's right, we're already doing that to ourselves, we're already in prison even when we are not, and no one would ever think of escaping the walls of their prison if they knew there is nothing outside of their prison walls, but more walls.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:21 pm
Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:38 pm All men have the inalienable right to shoot one another. I hold this truth to be self-evident.
No, each man has an inalienable right to his, and no other's, life, liberty, and property.

Takin' another's life -- with fist, knife, club, gun, etc. -- outside of self-defense or defense of another is wrong.
It doesn't matter whether you personally say it's ''wrong'' to take another persons life. Your personal opinion does not matter and will not prevent intentional killing from happening. You can hold to the opinion that it's ''wrong'' to kill another, but that's not going to change anything, as killing others is still going to happen whether you say it's wrong or not, your opinion that it is WRONG has absolutely zero power to stop mans intention to kill another...because intention is always the rider of the will which is a natural part of human nature. Humans KNOW what causing death upon another is, whereas animals do not have that conceptual understanding that is unique to humans. Man does not want to die, and that is the only reason he will say to himself that it is wrong to kill another, because HE knows himself that he does not want to die....no life wants to die, it will always try to stay alive even if that means killing something else just to stay alive...so of course it would be seen as wrong to him to kill another, because it's like he has killed himself, and he doesn't want to do that.

For example: it might be seen by you personally that the deliberate act of bombing buildings in the ukraine where innocent men, women and children live in what they believe is their safe haven... is WRONG.
However, in a scenario like that, deaths are going to be unavoidable in the event of such a deliberate attack. Even if they the people were given plenty of time to evacuate, they have been circumstances where the evacuees have been killed by bombs even during the actual process of trying to escape. Just saying it's wrong means nothing to the powers that be who order these killing sprees.

We live in a reality where no one is held accountable for the killing sprees that are always rampant where ever there is a mind and intention to act them out....just saying it's wrong to kill another except as an act of self-defense is not going to change the way the world actually works. That's like saying, Putin orders the release of bombs to rain down on a country that was just minding it's own business where people were just trying to live their lives like everyone else in the world...but according to Putin's logic, the order to bomb the country was an act of self-defense, so it wasn't wrong to bomb the country knowing many lifes would potentially be killed in the process....but that's ok, there is nothing wrong with countries defending themselves against other countries being a threat to their own livelihoods... it's all just so messed up when we start saying the intentional actions of humanity upon itself is wrong.

Humans will always act with intent, there is no way to avoid this, if you are human then you are an intentional being, because you have knowledge, and knowledge is power. Your opinion about whether is wrong to act with intent is futile and pointless, because just saying it's wrong will not change intent. Intent is going to be activated whether it's wrong or not and nothing will ever change intents intentions.

In summary: if there is a self to defend as in the idea of self-defence...then that self will never be free, it will always be on the defensive of that self.

(Free) is such a useless and pointless silly word...it it a false junk word invented by humans, that means absolutely nothing.

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

It doesn't matter whether you personally say it's ''wrong'' to take another persons life. Your personal opinion does not matter and will not prevent intentional killing from happening. You can hold to the opinion that it's ''wrong'' to kill another, but that's not going to change anything, as killing others is still going to happen whether you say it's wrong or not, your opinion that it is WRONG has absolutely zero power to stop mans intention to kill another
You're right: my opinion and natural law, neither stop a free will from doin' wrong. What can stop a free will from doin' wrong is another free will willin' to step up.
(Free) is such a useless and pointless silly word
That depends on what you mean by free.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:04 am You're right: my opinion and natural law, neither stop a free will from doin' wrong. What can stop a free will from doin' wrong is another free will willin' to step up.
Step up..until the last man stands...only when the last man stands... will all ''wrongs'' be permanently outlawed. Until then my friend, your opinion that someone elses action is wrong will continue to be ignored.

henry quirk wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:04 amThat depends on what you mean by free.
Why are you asking me, have you not informed everyone here on this forum that you are a free man?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

your opinion that someone elses action is wrong will continue to be ignored.
As I say: you're right. ('cept when someone's action comes to my door...can't ignore my opinion then).

have you not informed everyone here on this forum that you are a free man?
I have cuz I am. That doesn't mean you know what I'm talkin' when I say I am a free man.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:38 am

As I say: you're right. ('cept when someone's action comes to my door...can't ignore my opinion then).
As I say your opinion that someone elses action is wrong will continue to be ignored while holding fast to your own opinion that intentional killing is wrong...because by saying unlawful killing is wrong, is to deny someone elses belief that is it not wrong...as seen in what's happening in the ukraine right now...you simply have no control over another persons action, just as you have no control over whether some human being will one day press the nuclear red button obliterating every living creature from the face of the planet. Will it have been wrong to wipe out humanity when there is no one left standing to say that it was wrong. Unless you are the last man standing, your opinion as to what is right or wrong for others is meaningless.

Just saying another persons action is wrong, might not be wrong for them. Or you could choose to give your full attention to the fact that you have no control over the opinions of other people and accept that....because only your own opinion will matter within the grand scheme of things..

If you were the last man standing on the earth, then nothing would be wrong or right for you. Your opinion will only matter in duality...when two of you are dualing until the last man is standing...it's all meaningless, without someone to dual with, what the heck is wrong or right.

henry quirk wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:38 amI have cuz I am. That doesn't mean you know what I'm talkin' when I say I am a free man.
I have no personal invested interest in knowing what other people are talking about. I only ever listen to other peoples opinions as if I am reading a fictional book or watching a fictional movie...at the end of the day....all movies flow into the same one river of belief, fantasy and imagination.....but they are very good distractions a way to avoid the void that is reality.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

As I say your opinion that someone elses action is wrong will continue to be ignored...you simply have no control over another persons action
You're right.

Just saying another persons action is wrong, might not be wrong for them
I'm a moral realist: I say if you futz around with another's life, liberty, or property without just cause you're wrong, and you're wrong even if you're never held accountable.

I have no personal invested interest in knowing what other people are talking about.
Then I'll leave you to do whatever it is you do (I can't be bothered to have a conversation with someone who flat-out tells me to my face she has no interest in what I have to say).
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:33 pm
As I say your opinion that someone elses action is wrong will continue to be ignored...you simply have no control over another persons action
You're right.

Just saying another persons action is wrong, might not be wrong for them
I'm a moral realist: I say if you futz around with another's life, liberty, or property without just cause you're wrong, and you're wrong even if you're never held accountable.

It's only wrong because you say it is. That's right.
Someone might argue that it's wrong to wave their gun around in the air while innocently shopping for groceries at Tesco's ...but for you the owner of the gun, it's not wrong because you are just exercising your free will to own a gun and do what you want with it, as long as you do not use it to kill someone. Better hide that weapon and keep it out of sight, else it might be more than an offensive weapon, it might offend people just the sight of it.

henry quirk wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:33 pmThen I'll leave you to do whatever it is you do (I can't be bothered to have a conversation with someone who flat-out tells me to my face she has no interest in what I have to say).
And here you are, being bothered to tell someone who has no interest in what you say, your response to what they have said to you. Funny that, init.
Ya love watching the movie of I, don't ya.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

11 Thou shalt not futz

-Imp
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Impenitent wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:52 pm 11 Thou shalt not futz

-Imp
12 Thou shall not shenaniganize.
Impenitent