Abortion

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Abortion

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:48 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:44 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:17 pm
What do you think they are, goats? :lol:
No, more like globs of flesh. More like goat liver.
They're decidedly not that...they're certainly genetically human, whatever else you might suppose.
Myth.
Fact.
Still myth.
The natural earth was capable of sustaining an estimated 5 -10 million before agriculture.
"Before agriculture"? We have agriculture. And we have modern agriculture. We have, in fact, more than enough food to feed the world, if we dealt with it responsibly.
World population can be controlled by one simple strategy: the education of women. Educated women have an average of less than two children.
But ...
It's true... Check it out. Educating women is the right strategy from every side.
No you are the only evil in this conversation.
Heh. :D You can't become evil for not-killing innocents.

You can, by doing it...or even by advocating it.
Your ideology enslaves the mind, and destroys the earth.
You don't give a fuck about educating women, you just want to control them.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:01 pm
iambiguous wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:13 pm
iambiguous wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:54 pm
Just for the record, given my own subjective assumption that we live in a No God world, I believe that each of us as individuals acquire our views about abortion and murder [on this side of the womb] existentially.

For personal reasons rooted largely in the life that we live, a life subsumed historically and culturally and experientially out in particular worlds understood in particular ways, we come to choose one set of behaviors rather than another.

What one person deems to be immoral in any particular context another person is able to rationalize as the right thing to do. And the reasons here are embedded in the extraordinary complexities embodied in all of the countless possible genetic and memetic variables and permutations.

Lives can be so far removed from other lives that who is really able to take that into account in order provide us with the optimal set of behaviors. Or, for some, even the only behaviors that, deontologically, all rational and virtuous men and women are said to be obligated to choose.

Abortion is just a particular stark behavior because it revolves literally around life and death
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:58 pmRight. So Westerners deem woman to have rights, and other cultures deem them to be subhumans who can be raped or sold. You're fine with that?
Come on, Mr. Snippet, what on Earth does this out of the blue retort have to do with my point above?
You don't condemn anything, it seems. You just take complete moral relativism for how things are. So it has a lot to do with your self-descriptive work above.
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:58 pmSo Islamists who own slaves and rape children...okay by you, because they believe they're in the one truth path? :shock:
...what's that next to the Christian God creating "...an endless procession
Nobody says God "creates" these things. Well, animists do, maybe...they have "gods" that "create" all sorts of phenomena, from crops growing to lightning bolts. But no Christian thinks that's what these things mean.

You need to update your theology.

Likewise, this: "Miscarriage is generally defined as the loss of a pregnancy before viability. An estimated 23 million miscarriages occur every year worldwide, translating to 44 pregnancy losses each minute." National Library of Medicine

And as you point out:
...most won't blame God.
So why do you?

Christian theology says we live in a broken, disrupted world, wherein mankind has rejected God. Natural disasters are not God getting angry, nor God punishing people, nor any such simplistic idea as that. It's a natural product of our disjuncture from the Source of life, health and goodness, which we human beings have ourselves caused.

You won't like that: but the alternative is worse. It's called "death," and it's the inevitable outcome of living creatures having rejected God. Unplug yourself from the source of life, and you'll run down fast.

Seen this way, you realize that being allowed a chance to live, and to choose differently, even in an imperfect world, is vastly preferable to what we really have coming to us.

So what do you want? Do you want to rail against God and die? Or do you want something better? The choice is yours. And you have time and space to decide now, because God is not allowing this imperfect world to crash completely...yet. As the Bible says, "God is patient toward you, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."
There's one 'silver lining'; there will be an abundance of damaged, unwanted babies for you to sponsor and adopt.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:53 pm You don't give a fuck about educating women, you just want to control them.
Ho hum.

Time to ignore...
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:58 pm There's one 'silver lining'; there will be an abundance of damaged, unwanted babies for you to sponsor and adopt.
If there are any "damaged" and "unwanted," it will be on the people who had irresponsible and unprotected sex, and who couldn't even find it in their black hearts later to manage to love the child they so selfishly produced.

And I'll bet all their children are damaged. There's no way that somebody who could do that to one of their children is capable of loving any of them properly.

But since we need some facts: https://www.dailywire.com/clips/choosin ... al-trailer
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:57 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:58 pm There's one 'silver lining'; there will be an abundance of damaged, unwanted babies for you to sponsor and adopt.
If there are any "damaged" and "unwanted," it will be on the people who had irresponsible and unprotected sex, and who couldn't even find it in their black hearts later to manage to love the child they so selfishly produced.

And I'll bet all their children are damaged. There's no way that somebody who could do that to one of their children is capable of loving any of them properly.

But since we need some facts: https://www.dailywire.com/clips/choosin ... al-trailer
What a sanctimonious little kunt you are. You are probably still a virgin, or closted gay misogynist. You think condoms never break? Or pills ever get forgotten? Or women get raped? Or sometimes people just want a fuck. I bet you are one ugly, frustrated, woman-hating little turd.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:43 am You think condoms never break? Or pills get forgotten? Or sometimes people just want a fuck.
Which of those are you suggesting makes it okay to murder your children?
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:45 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:43 am You think condoms never break? Or pills get forgotten? Or sometimes people just want a fuck.
None, because there's no murder and no children, fuckface. I wish someone would murder you.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:45 am
IC. Do you believe women that have an abortion are terminating the existence of a soul?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:46 am ...there's no murder and no children...
Yep, I'm sure you want us to think you believe that.

But you know better.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:11 am IC. Do you believe women that have an abortion are terminating the existence of a soul?
It's not mine to say. But what I can t ell you is that they are murdering a child.

And we all know they are. So do they. It's what they want -- a dead child, instead of a live one. They don't want to love it, take care of it, have to provide for it, and so on. And they're willing to kill to get their own way.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:16 am
attofishpi wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:11 am IC. Do you believe women that have an abortion are terminating the existence of a soul?
It's not mine to say.
Actually it is. You believe in an eternal soul right? So you believe humans are in fact the ultimate judge of terminating a soul, or would God not have the final say?
Walker

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:22 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:16 am
It's not mine to say.
Actually it is. You believe in an eternal soul right? So you believe humans are in fact the ultimate judge of terminating a soul, or would God not have the final say?
The eternal has no beginning, and no end.
I’ve checked around, and Christianity says the soul begins with the body.
Therefore, the soul is not eternal.

Is this correct?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Who rattled your cage. I addressed the question to IC, someone that appears to be a cut above the level of your intellect, so if you don't mind, I will wait for him to reply.
Last edited by attofishpi on Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:22 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:16 am It's not mine to say.
You believe in an eternal soul right?
Yes...
So you believe humans are in fact the ultimate judge of terminating a soul,
No, that doesn't follow at all.

Human being are "the ultimate judges" of nothing at all.

P.S. -- Do you know what a "ray" is in mathematics? It's a figure that has a beginning, but no end. It's infinite or eternal in one direction. The soul is not past-eternal. But it is future-eternal.
Walker

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:31 am Who rattled your cage. I addressed the question to IC, someone that appears to be a cut above the level of your intellect, so if you don't mind, I will wait for him to reply.
The question is addressed to anyone with the knowledge. Whether or not that's you is your concern. It's not all about you, peabrain.