Abortion

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Abortion

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:10 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:05 pm There is no such thing as a 9 month 'abortion', 'partial' or otherwise.
Yes, there is. https://www.cga.ct.gov/PS98/rpt%5Colr%5 ... R-0831.htm
It's a political term that anti-choicers came up with.
Nope. That's a government site you've got there. Unless you want to argue that they're "anti-choicers," you're just wrong...again.
And you never answered why you brought it up. What difference would it make to you even it it was 'a thing'.
It makes the same difference whenever anybody is murdered.
What about all the horrible consequences of forcing women to continue with unwanted pregnancies?
Their "choices" are made. 99% of abortions in the US, statistically, are elective. Responsible contraception or adoption would make abortions unnecessary.
People in the USofA are often adopting Chinese babies. I know someone who did it. Obviously, if any were available they would be adopting "Merican babies.

The Second Amendment of the US Constitution says that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. That right has been infringed many times.

Yesterday, or maybe it was the day before, the US Senate tried to pass a “code” that would make abortion on demand, at any time of the pregnancy right up until birth, uninfringable.

A code? That figures. Trying to give Amendment gravitas, to abortion. Trying every trick in the book.

The Dims knew before the vote that they didn’t have enough votes for this stunt. Schumer, a Democrat and the Senate majority leader, wanted all the Republicans on record as voting against this “codification.” As if that would be some kind of stain on their political record.

Instead, all the Democrats in the Senate except one, voted to "codify" abortion at any time during pregnancy. Eighth month, ninth month, last week of pregnancy, last day of pregnancy … no problemo. Kill that thing that they refuse to call a human life.

Instead, the attempt to “codify,” that life, died with the vote.

Instead of a vote for Life being a permanent stain,
The vote for Death will be a permanent stain.

So far, the Congressional written record has not been re-written. It has yet to be corrupted with White-Out. The Dims are salivating for the day when even that defense against corruption falls, when the official written record can be literally written over. Look for the Dims to find a way, initially for the purpose of erasing the stain, but it will be put to other corrupting uses.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Also, it's against the law to influence a judge.

The Brandon administration, and the Democrats, are encouraging this law breaking. They are calling for it.

And, it is being done under the guise of "peaceful demonstrations." Schumer has done it in the past, more explicitly with threats to the Supreme Court justices.

It is illegal. But so what. For these people, the end justifies the means, and these people are the enforcers of the law.
Walker

Post by Walker »

One song goes “L” is for the way you look at me. *

New song for Progressives … “C” is for the way you crap on law. **

* Love song.
** Corruption song.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:27 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:10 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:05 pm There is no such thing as a 9 month 'abortion', 'partial' or otherwise.
Yes, there is. https://www.cga.ct.gov/PS98/rpt%5Colr%5 ... R-0831.htm
It's a political term that anti-choicers came up with.
Nope. That's a government site you've got there. Unless you want to argue that they're "anti-choicers," you're just wrong...again.
And you never answered why you brought it up. What difference would it make to you even it it was 'a thing'.
It makes the same difference whenever anybody is murdered.
What about all the horrible consequences of forcing women to continue with unwanted pregnancies?
Their "choices" are made. 99% of abortions in the US, statistically, are elective. Responsible contraception or adoption would make abortions unnecessary.
People in the USofA are often adopting Chinese babies. I know someone who did it. Obviously, if any were available they would be adopting "Merican babies.
The likelihood of adopting American babies would be higher if abortion was illegal but there would be a very good chance that those unwanted babies were the brats of rapists.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:16 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:26 pm He has the right to choose where and how.

You don't.
Says who?
Oh? You think you do have the right to kill people?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:27 am ...if any were available they would be adopting "Merican babies.
There's a severe shortage of adoptable babies, actually. We're so busy murdering them we've created a shortage.

That's why people are going overseas...not for an exceedingly expensive exotic holiday, but to find an adoptable infant.
...the US Senate tried to pass a “code” that would make abortion on demand, at any time of the pregnancy right up until birth, uninfringable.

A code? That figures. Trying to give Amendment gravitas, to abortion. Trying every trick in the book.
Our current lack of historical memory is really an appalling thing. People today are oblivious to the track record of the Democrats.

They were every single slave owner.
They were all the Segregationist governors.
They were the chief promoters of eugenics.
They were every member in the KKK, which became their militant wing and marched in Washington.
They spread public dependency through "The New Deal."
They destroyed the black family by subsidizing single motherhood and penalizing black marriage.
They were supporters of Margaret Sanger, the racist and founder of "Planned Parenthood."
They have been the destroyers of the inner cities, of California and New York, of Baltimore, of Atlanta, of Detroit, of Portland...
They are currently destroying the American borders, the economy, the oil supply, food accessibility, the supply chain, the freedom of the press...they made an embarassing and deadly debacle of Afghanistan, and provoked a crazed dictator to make war in Ukraine, for which they only yesterday vowed to continue to strip the American economy of billions of needed dollars...

What do these jokers have to do before people realize what they are? Apparently, they have been right to extinguish people's knowledge of history. They wouldn't want us to remember what they've done.

Honestly, though, I don't see the Republicans today as being particularly wonderful. But they'd have to go quite some way to match the track record of the Democrats.

So yeah, it's not a surprise that a vote for them is a vote for death.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:07 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:26 pm He has the right to choose where and how.

You don't.
Says who?
Depends.
I know that we have a legal right to terminate a pregnancy.
And if I were wearing certain uniforms I'd have the right to kill people.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:12 pm
Says who?
Depends.
Yes, well...have a nice day.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Depends.
I know that we have a legal right to terminate a pregnancy.
And if I were wearing certain uniforms I'd have the right to kill people.
That's right Sculptor. Just like there are rights to kill the animals and then enjoy the pleasure of eating their meat and wearing their skin and selling their fluffy fur to make knitted jumpers. After all animals are just pieces of meat. Much like human are pieces of meat, well that's how they seem to be treating one an other.

Also, all those who commit suicide have gone straight to hell, because that's sick, that's killing someone...so it's like your always in hell, and there is no escape from the hell you are in, because thinking you can escape the hell you are in by suicide is like jumping from the frying pan into the fire...more hell awaits.

There's no way to avoid gods tyranny, it seems.

It never occurs to Christians that the supreme creator of the universe could just as well be SATAN ...and that he leaves you little sweet lovehearts as part of his plan to get you to obey him...I mean how does Satan trick someone to live in hell...if not by throwing them the occasional sweetie :lol:
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Gail Collins at the NYT

'During the debate [in the Senate], Republicans claimed most Americans are opposed to late-term abortion, while Democrats noted that polls show the public wants abortion to be a matter between a woman and her doctor. Easy to imagine both being true — most people are uncomfortable with the idea of ending a pregnancy when the fetus is well developed, but there’s long been a deeply reasonable yearning to keep the government out of a matter so private and personal.'

Of course, my point is that even if most Americans believed in abortion on demand and the polls showed that most Americans don't want abortion to be a matter between a woman and her doctor but a woman and her priest, my own set of assumptions remains the same.

That these points of view are still just moral prejudices rooted subjectively in dasein.

Beliefs and opinion polls don't make the fact that both sides are able to come up with reasonable arguments go away. That [philosophically or otherwise] there is no optimal frame of mind in the vicinity of the Golden Mean.

Well, unless, of course, someone here has found it.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:40 pm
Depends.
Run away, run away!!
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ion-myths/

Ruth Marcus at the washington post

'Two pernicious myths about abortion rights have emerged in the wake of the leak of a draft Supreme Court opinion that would overrule Roe v. Wade. Together, they illustrate how intractable the abortion debate is — and how extreme.

'The first myth — demonstrably laughable — is that eliminating constitutional protection for abortion rights would remove this contentious issue from courts and leave decisions to the democratic process, where it should have been all along.

'The second — far more dangerous — is that abortion opponents would be satisfied with such an outcome, and the consequent national patchwork of access to abortion. They wouldn’t. Getting rid of Roe is just the start. For those who believe that abortion is the taking of a human life, allowing it to remain legal in wide swaths of the country is intolerable.'

The first myth because abortion will never be just a legal issue. Instead it is profoundly embedded in political prejudices rooted existentially in dasein that most men and women don't see as political prejudices rooted existentially in dasein. They see it [either as Humanists or religionists] as essentially/objectively moral or immoral. Most views here being predicated on one or another God.

The second myth because those who do see abortion as essentially/objectively immoral see other things the same way. Like homosexuality and gay marriage.

Indeed, some extremists on the right see it in regard to people of color and Jews and Muslims too.

At the extreme end of Alito's frame of mind lies fascism and the Nazis.

Though never in a million years did I imagine seeing that in my lifetime. As for my daughter's lifetime, the odds actually favor it given the world as it is today.

Unless of course I'm wrong.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:30 pm
Depends.
Run away, run away!!
No. I don't fear you one tiny bit. I just see no further progress possible if you think you have a right to kill people. That's a sort of derangement to which any appeal to moral thought becomes simply impossible.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:25 pm I just see no further progress possible if you think you have a right to kill people. That's a sort of derangement to which any appeal to moral thought becomes simply impossible.
"An estimated 23 million miscarriages occur every year worldwide, translating to 44 pregnancy losses each minute." the lancet

Now, what omnipotent God would allow that?

Not to mention all of the millions upon millions of deaths caused by medical afflictions this God brought into existence for those who make it out of the womb.

And then all those killed in one or another "act of God" natural disaster.

Indeed, if the Christian God really is loving, just and merciful, can you imagine our fate if He wasn't?!

Sure, if He is deranged that would certainly explain a lot. But what if He isn't. What if, instead, He is just a sadistic monster?

If He does exist, that will be the first question I ask Him on Judgment Day: Why?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:25 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:30 pm
Run away, run away!!
No. I don't fear you one tiny bit. I just see no further progress possible if you think you have a right to kill people. That's a sort of derangement to which any appeal to moral thought becomes simply impossible.
I was merely informing you completely objectively about the rights are they stand I did not offer any opinions as to whether they were favourable or supported by me.
You are always banging on about objectivity in morality but when faced with it you run away like a little girl,]