War

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RWStanding

War

Post by RWStanding »

War is not simply something between States.
As between Russia and the Ukraine.
If we are 'free' society as from authoritarianism.
As an altruist democracy as against autonomous individualism and societies.
War with Ukraine is war with Democracy and therefore it is war with us.
Albeit, it may be modern war and not entirely kinetic.
bahman

Re: War

Post by bahman »

RWStanding wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:15 pm War is not simply something between States.
Oh, come on. Russia just felt threatened by NATO. We are not developed and evolved enough. In one state, all problems are resolved.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Humans are doomed to always be at war with not only themselves but with nature and animals as well. Why, because humans have artificially separated themselves from their true nature resulting in personal agenda's. A what's in it for me mentality.

''In Western philosophy, dualism is most closely associated with René Descartes, the French philosopher who famously uttered, “I think, therefore I am”;
Wikipedia:What makes Homo sapiens different from other animals? Most would agree our minds — with their capacities of consciousness and imagination — distinguish us from other species, even our close primate relatives. Because dualism encourages us to see our minds as separate from the material world, it’s all too easy to see ourselves as standing outside of that world. As a result, Western notions of nature tend to be anthropocentric — that is, they foreground human beings and human concerns. Instead of understanding nature as a thing that exists in itself, we often view it as something that exists for us, and that makes it all the easier to exploit natural resources without much thought.''
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

bahman wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:21 pm
RWStanding wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:15 pm War is not simply something between States.
Oh, come on. Russia just felt threatened by NATO. We are not developed and evolved enough. In one state, all problems are resolved.
How can a country 'feel' anything? Putin felt threatened (or not). Do politicians 'feel' anything?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:25 am How can a country 'feel' anything? Putin felt threatened (or not). Do politicians 'feel' anything?
Reports today: say that Putin threatens Britian because the country has served the worse sanctions, which is seen as a declaration of war.

Boris must be scambling for some clean underwear.

The pantomine continues, hopefully it will end soon, when the players realise they are not playing video games, and that real people are being killed. We live in hope that someone somewhere will stop this stupid game.

Post by Age »

But you CERTAINLY DO NOT live in a 'free' society.

If ANY one BELIEVES they do, then the 'propaganda machines' have been working EXACTLY like they were MADE TO and are MEANT TO.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:06 am Humans are doomed to always be at war with not only themselves but with nature and animals as well. Why, because humans have artificially separated themselves from their true nature resulting in personal agenda's. A what's in it for me mentality.
But, to you, this 'one's OWN agenda' is EXACTLY how the so-called "meat grinding" TRUE NATURE works.

What do you now propose, THIS TIME, is humans 'true nature'?

If 'it' is NOT 'tormenting' "others" and/or causing and creating 'pain' and 'suffering' in 'them', then what EXACTLY IS the 'true nature' of 'you', human beings.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:06 am
''In Western philosophy, dualism is most closely associated with René Descartes, the French philosopher who famously uttered, “I think, therefore I am”;
Wikipedia:What makes Homo sapiens different from other animals? Most would agree our minds — with their capacities of consciousness and imagination — distinguish us from other species, even our close primate relatives.
LOL What are these 'mind' 'things', EXACTLY?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:06 am Because dualism encourages us to see our minds as separate from the material world, it’s all too easy to see ourselves as standing outside of that world. As a result, Western notions of nature tend to be anthropocentric — that is, they foreground human beings and human concerns. Instead of understanding nature as a thing that exists in itself, we often view it as something that exists for us, and that makes it all the easier to exploit natural resources without much thought.''
To COMPLAIN and WHINGE about 'nature' "hurting me", and "ALWAYS causing me pain and suffering", is to have been IMAGINING that Nature and Life, Itself, SHOULD be ALWAYS REVOLVING around the individual human 'me'. Which is PURELY UTTERLY RIDICULOUS.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:25 am
How can a country 'feel' anything?
They CAN NOT, and thus DO NOT.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:25 am Putin felt threatened (or not). Do politicians 'feel' anything?
OF COURSE the human beings known, and labeled, as "politicians" have 'feelings'.

And, it would appear the so-called "politician" known as "vladimir putin" 'felt' threatened, just like the "politicians" in other countries 'felt' threatened when they decided to INVADE and KILL the Truly INNOCENT human beings of OTHER countries, like "afghanistan" and "iraq" for example.

NO "politician" had a Right to do so. But they, OBVIOUSLY, REACTED on their "feelings" and NOT on RATIONAL 'thinking' and KNOWING.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:53 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:25 am How can a country 'feel' anything? Putin felt threatened (or not). Do politicians 'feel' anything?
Reports today: say that Putin threatens Britian because the country has served the worse sanctions, which is seen as a declaration of war.
How many "reports" are made EVERY single day, around the world, in the days when this is being written?

And, how MANY of those so-called "reports" are ACTUALLY Factual?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:53 pm Boris must be scambling for some clean underwear.

The pantomine continues, hopefully it will end soon, when the players realise they are not playing video games, and that real people are being killed. We live in hope that someone somewhere will stop this stupid game.
People HAVE TO STOP and LISTEN, to STOP the Wrong, which 'you', adult human beings, are ALL DOING.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:26 pm
To COMPLAIN and WHINGE about 'nature' "hurting me", and "ALWAYS causing me pain and suffering", is to have been IMAGINING that Nature and Life, Itself, SHOULD be ALWAYS REVOLVING around the individual human 'me'. Which is PURELY UTTERLY RIDICULOUS.
Nature is a barbaric sadistic bloody gory killing machine, slowly and painfully torturing all sentient living creatures until their death. I have every right to complain and whinge about that, it's like fuck off nature, how dare you think it is ok to throw me into your baby blender, just leave me out of it please.

You can deny the truth all you want Age, maybe the truth is so horrifying for you to bare Age, so it's no surprise that in your quiet existential desperation, you will say just about anything you can muster, to counter and deny what is my truth by attempting to cover it up with your frilly nonsense. But for me, I like to live in the real world as it actually is, not how I would like it to be... but you, it seems you adopt the fantasized disney land approach to life, but that to me, is just your desperate silly pretentious concoction you use to cover up the ugly truth.

The final humiliation would be to die a slow and disgusting death from radiation poisoning.. thanks for nothing universe. It's been a blast, not!!

RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:25 am
How can a country 'feel' anything? ...
It can't. Nothing is done by, "countries." Everything that is done, some persons, or persons in collusion, had to do. Blaming things on countries or any other institutions is always a way of evading individual responsibility.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Age wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:31 pm

OF COURSE the human beings known, and labeled, as "politicians" have 'feelings'.

I'm not so sure about that. In their 'human mode' then yes, perhaps they do, but politically, I doubt it. All the evidence says otherwise. How else could politicians cause so much death and misery? How many ordinary humans can happily kill other humans, maim, disfigure and displace children, cause unbelievable suffering, in their everyday lives and still sleep at night and go about their daily business?
A normal human being can suffer devastating life-long emotional problems if they cause even the accidental death of another human.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:02 pm
Age wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:26 pm
Nature is a barbaric sadistic bloody gory killing machine, slowly and painfully torturing all sentient living creatures until their death.
Nature is ALSO a Truly wonderful, amazing, and beautiful "machine", slowly and lovingly bring new 'life' in existence and creating all sentient living creatures out of Itself.

But you are FREE to only LOOK AT, and SEE, just one "side" of the WHOLE and BIG Picture.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:02 pm I have every right to complain and whinge about that, it's like fuck off nature, how dare you think it is ok to throw me into your baby blender, just leave me out of it please.
Can you NOT use 'Nature' for your OWN advantage?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:02 pm You can deny the truth all you want Age,
LOL And what is 'that truth', EXACTLY, which you think and ASSUME I am denying here?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:02 pm maybe the truth is so horrifying for you to bare Age, so it's no surprise that in your quiet existential desperation, you will say just about anything you can muster, to counter and deny what is my truth by attempting to cover it up with your frilly nonsense.
What are you on about here?

I CERTAINLY DO NOT DENY that you BELIEVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY what you say about 'Nature', Itself.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:02 pm But for me, I like to live in the real world as it actually is, not how I would like it to be... but you, it seems you adopt the fantasized disney land approach to life, but that to me, is just your desperate silly pretentious concoction you use to cover up the ugly truth.
What have I SAID that makes you ASSUME what you are here?

Will you PROVIDE my ACTUAL WORDS?

If no, then WHY NOT?

SHOW the readers what I have, SUPPOSEDLY, SAID, which "denies" what you say here.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:02 pm The final humiliation would be to die a slow and disgusting death from radiation poisoning.. thanks for nothing universe. It's been a blast, not!!

But for 'you' to DIE a slow and disgusting death from radiation poisoning would just be MORE 'proof', for you, that Nature REALLY IS what you SAY and BELIEVE Nature IS. So, to DIE in that AGONIZING way would just be PURELY natural, to, and for, you. DYING that way would be 'Nature', Itself, do what you say "Nature just does".
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:02 pm Nature is a barbaric sadistic bloody gory killing machine, slowly and painfully torturing all sentient living creatures until their death.
Nature is ALSO a Truly wonderful, amazing, and beautiful "machine", slowly and lovingly bring new 'life' in existence and creating all sentient living creatures out of Itself.
Yes, the opposite is also true.

Life can only come from life. Life is the only reality that can be known...life comes from itself, there is no other self.

Death and Birth are one and the same reality, they are the same ONLY DIFFERING in ''appearance''.

Life is ugly and horrible, and it's also, magnificent, pleasant, kind, great, pretty, attractive, beautiful, pleasing, reputable, calming, happy, wonderful, gentle, delightful, soothing, encouraging, comforting, good, nice.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:10 am
But for 'you' to DIE a slow and disgusting death from radiation poisoning would just be MORE 'proof', for you, that Nature REALLY IS what you SAY and BELIEVE Nature IS. So, to DIE in that AGONIZING way would just be PURELY natural, to, and for, you. DYING that way would be 'Nature', Itself, do what you say "Nature just does".
Yes I agree with that summation.

Nature is able to express itself as a terrible horrific experience including the opposite experience.