No lesson learned from 9/11

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

No lesson learned from 9/11

Post by Sculptor »

I just watched a long documentary about the horrifying events of the WTC on 11/09/2001

It was a composite of eye witness videos and some reminiscences, and a nostalgic look back the the early days of the WTC.
Mostly I was struck by the dumb shock that most people seemed to show; the complete lack of understanding of what had happened.
At one point someone did a vox pop of some of the older Jewish & Italian guys on the street who were basically baying for blood; "exterminate them", whilst Dubya promised "we gonna git them folks who done it".
Of course it had not really sunk in to his peri-senile brain the then "folks" who had done it were scattered in atoms at the moment of impact when the jets hit the buildings. Some people are willing to do the ultimate.
Over the last twenty years I've seen very little reflexion and contemplation of what happened that day. Dumb shit like "they hate us for our "freedumb" was about as far as it got.
Well, you know what they do not hate the US for their freedom, they never did give a shit about that.

I think the biggest part of my reaction to these events, aside from the horror of the suffering a death, and the tragedy of lost loved ones is this....

Most countries all around the world have in their living memory disasters such as this, from war, famine disease, and disaster. America has been mostly quarantined from such awful things. Too far away from the action to get invaded in WW2, and only too happy to export their won brand of disaster to other countries; Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Grenada, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan a long list of Latin American countries - you know who they are, and a continual promotion and bankrolling of Israel who has done more to destabilise the Middle East that any one else.

So the 9/11 attacks were not out of the blue. They were a long time coming. It was simply pay-back.

And what did the US do in response?
1) Invaded Iraq - which did not have WMD. Was ideologically opposed to Osama and his gang, and had fuck al to do with 9/11.
2) Invaded Afghanistan to get Bin Laden - who immediately hopped over the border to Pakistan to continue his plots against the "Great Devil" of the Christian West
3) Generally disrupted and fucked up the politics of all but the most important countries of the Middle East. Instigating and aiding civil war throughout When the REAL motivation behind international terrorism is in SAUDI ARABIA who fund Wahhabi universities all over the Islamic world!!!

So USA, leader of the free world - how are you doing so far??? Had enough pay back for your pay back, and do you really think 20 years later things are any better? Is the chance of more terrorism lessened? What about all those families of the tortured and murdered Afghanis & Iraqis that you have abandoned? What about the extended families and tribes whose Wedding Parties you droned out of existence?
Do you think this is over. Or maybe you have just stirred the hornets nest a bit more?

There is no doubt that shares in arms companies have rocketed; billions of tax dollars have been burned. But that is about all you can say. Arms dealers are richer, and the risks higher.
Sculptor

Re: No lesson learned from 9/11

Post by Sculptor »

Achievment 1) It took twenty years, 4 presidents, and 1 trillion dollars, and a to replace the Taliban with the Taliban. Death toll:
About 241,000 people have been killed in the Afghanistan and Pakistan war zone since 2001. More than 71,000 of those killed have been civilians.

Note from Helmand...
A total of 453 British service personnel were killed between 2001 and 2014, alongside 2,600 who were wounded, 247 of whom had limbs amputated. The number of soldiers who suffered psychological injuries is unknown and will probably remain so. And yet, according to the writer Frank Ledwidge, not a single al-Qaida operative or “international terrorist’” who could conceivably have threatened our country is recorded as having been killed by Nato forces in Helmand.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

And a destroyed economy. People will soon start taking notice when they can't get their morphine.

And people are still referring to kunts like prince Harry as 'heroes'. Fuck the English.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

As I thought. The rightards on the Forum have nothing to say on the topic...
attofishpi wrote: Said Nothing
Walker wrote: Said Nothing
henry quirk wrote: Said Nothing
donaskme wrote: Said Nothing
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:13 pm And a destroyed economy. People will soon start taking notice when they can't get their morphine.

And people are still referring to kunts like prince Harry as 'heroes'. Fuck the English.
I'll miss the mulberries, though I prefer the red and black.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:46 am As I thought. The rightards on the Forum have nothing to say on the topic...
I said what I wanted to on the subject(s) elsewhere, in-forum. You, startin' a thread, is no reason for me to repeat myself.

A for effort, though, so here's a 🍪
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:46 am As I thought. The rightards on the Forum have nothing to say on the topic...
I have no idea where you are getting this ridiculous notion that I am 'right-wing'! Perhaps you could provide your reasoning?

I sit so close to the middle, that when the air hostess comes along with the drinks trolley, I am in the aisle and have to make room for a very important delivery. I see values in CERTAIN things from both sides, but I rarely dabble talking about politics which I find extremely boring.

Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:46 amThere is no doubt that shares in arms companies have rocketed; billions of tax dollars have been burned. But that is about all you can say. Arms dealers are richer, and the risks higher.
I've been saying the same thing, or similar all along. I've pointed out that Mexico is another country benefitting US (elites) to the detriment of the Mexicans. CIA have backed supply chains covertly to get the cocaine in. US arms are supplied to the Mexicans which of course the cartels are very happy to purchase. There is even evidence that CIA operatives in the US taught people in 'black' neighbourhoods on how to make the more potent and cheaper, crack-cocaine.
Of course then these people get locked up, have a crim record and can rarely get a job when they get out of years of jail (which are privatised! - no doubt owned by elites)
So 'black' neighbourhoods fall apart, kids getting shot to bits (more arms sold!) Rich kids of the elites, pending possible positions in government one day...go to parties and vacuum cocaine up their noses.
...and on and on it goes.

Where the bloody hell am I 'right-wing'!!!?

..almost forgot - their pharmceutical companies have been dealing Opiates for years!! (via doctors of course)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I've only just stumbled upon this thread. And already I read you've already assumed I've read it. Look at the time stamp, I've only just arrived here.. but will you believe me.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Everyone should read 'The Kite Runner'. The Afghans have certainly had a horrible time of it for a long time.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:06 pm Image

Everyone should read 'The Kite Runner'. The Afghans have certainly had a horrible time of it for a long time.
Will give that a read, thanks.

Also everyone should read ' The Handmaids Tail' by Margaret Atwood written in 1985. She was inspired to write her book based on the Taliban.

It's been turned into a TV series. It's absolutely shocking to think the story was written in the early 1980's just before the internet really took off ...prior to the internet, nothing much was known about worldy affairs....and now nearly 40 years later we can read everything about what is happening in the world, the news in video real time format is available to everyone around the whole world 24/7.....and nothing ever changes.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:32 am No lesson learned from 9/11
Was there supposed to be a lesson learnt from 9/11 ?

What was the lesson?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:59 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:06 pm Image

Will give that a read, thanks.

Also everyone should read ' The Handmaids Tail' by Margaret Atwood written in 1985. She was inspired to write her book based on the Taliban.
No she was inspired to write her book from the Bible. She also stated that she was inspired by the Iranian Revolution of 1979.
The Taliban were not around for another 10 years after her book was published.

It's been turned into a TV series. It's absolutely shocking to think the story was written in the early 1980's just before the internet really took off ...prior to the internet, nothing much was known about worldy affairs....and now nearly 40 years later we can read everything about what is happening in the world, the news in video real time format is available to everyone around the whole world 24/7.....and nothing ever changes.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:08 am
Sculptor wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:32 am No lesson learned from 9/11
Was there supposed to be a lesson learnt from 9/11 ?

What was the lesson?
There ought to be plenty.
People have reasons for doing things. People killed themselves for a belief - unless you investigate that belief and the reasons for it to be promoted you will never understand why it happened.
Unless you know that they any efforts in retaliation are going to be meaningless.
Homework.
1) Who was Bin Laden; where did he come from and what was he taught.
2) What does Saudi Arabia to to preach Waabism all across the Islamic world. Has this ideology had an impact on how Muslims view the west.
3) What the fuck did it ever have to so with Saddam Hussein. ZERO!. How come the west invaded Iraq when there were no WMDs, and that the evidence of them was faked? Does this give insight into the other activities of the west in the ME?
4) Would it not be better to stop fucking up Muslim countries if possible?
5) Saudi Arabia is the most important country in spreading Radical Islam, WHY THE FUCK do we not strike the head of the SNAKE?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:44 am
No she was inspired to write her book from the Bible. She also stated that she was inspired by the Iranian Revolution of 1979.
She based her book on the Iranian ideology. An ideology of the Iranian Revolution has been called a "complex combination" of Pan-Islamism, political populism, and Shia Islamic "religious radicalism".

In other words the taliban ideology that’s been around pretty much before the bible was ever written.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:07 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:44 am
She based her book on the Iranian ideology. An ideology of the Iranian Revolution has been called a "complex combination" of Pan-Islamism, political populism, and Shia Islamic "religious radicalism".

In other words the taliban ideology that’s been around pretty much before the bible was ever written.
No you are wrong on several counts.
The Iranians are Shia, the Taliban and Sunni.
And Islamic ideology is 7thC, the bible was written a long time before Islam.