No lesson learned from 9/11

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: No lesson learned from 9/11

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:32 am I just watched a long documentary about the horrifying events of the WTC on 11/09/2001

It was a composite of eye witness videos and some reminiscences, and a nostalgic look back the the early days of the WTC.
Mostly I was struck by the dumb shock that most people seemed to show; the complete lack of understanding of what had happened.
At one point someone did a vox pop of some of the older Jewish & Italian guys on the street who were basically baying for blood; "exterminate them", whilst Dubya promised "we gonna git them folks who done it".
Of course it had not really sunk in to his peri-senile brain the then "folks" who had done it were scattered in atoms at the moment of impact when the jets hit the buildings. Some people are willing to do the ultimate.
Over the last twenty years I've seen very little reflexion and contemplation of what happened that day. Dumb shit like "they hate us for our "freedumb" was about as far as it got.
Well, you know what they do not hate the US for their freedom, they never did give a shit about that.

I think the biggest part of my reaction to these events, aside from the horror of the suffering a death, and the tragedy of lost loved ones is this....

Most countries all around the world have in their living memory disasters such as this, from war, famine disease, and disaster. America has been mostly quarantined from such awful things. Too far away from the action to get invaded in WW2, and only too happy to export their won brand of disaster to other countries; Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Grenada, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan a long list of Latin American countries - you know who they are, and a continual promotion and bankrolling of Israel who has done more to destabilise the Middle East that any one else.

So the 9/11 attacks were not out of the blue. They were a long time coming. It was simply pay-back.

And what did the US do in response?
1) Invaded Iraq - which did not have WMD. Was ideologically opposed to Osama and his gang, and had fuck al to do with 9/11.
2) Invaded Afghanistan to get Bin Laden - who immediately hopped over the border to Pakistan to continue his plots against the "Great Devil" of the Christian West
3) Generally disrupted and fucked up the politics of all but the most important countries of the Middle East. Instigating and aiding civil war throughout When the REAL motivation behind international terrorism is in SAUDI ARABIA who fund Wahhabi universities all over the Islamic world!!!

So USA, leader of the free world - how are you doing so far??? Had enough pay back for your pay back, and do you really think 20 years later things are any better? Is the chance of more terrorism lessened? What about all those families of the tortured and murdered Afghanis & Iraqis that you have abandoned? What about the extended families and tribes whose Wedding Parties you droned out of existence?
Do you think this is over. Or maybe you have just stirred the hornets nest a bit more?

There is no doubt that shares in arms companies have rocketed; billions of tax dollars have been burned. But that is about all you can say. Arms dealers are richer, and the risks higher.
All very true. Well said.
Sculptor

Re: No lesson learned from 9/11

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:32 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:32 am I just watched a long documentary about the horrifying events of the WTC on 11/09/2001

It was a composite of eye witness videos and some reminiscences, and a nostalgic look back the the early days of the WTC.
Mostly I was struck by the dumb shock that most people seemed to show; the complete lack of understanding of what had happened.
At one point someone did a vox pop of some of the older Jewish & Italian guys on the street who were basically baying for blood; "exterminate them", whilst Dubya promised "we gonna git them folks who done it".
Of course it had not really sunk in to his peri-senile brain the then "folks" who had done it were scattered in atoms at the moment of impact when the jets hit the buildings. Some people are willing to do the ultimate.
Over the last twenty years I've seen very little reflexion and contemplation of what happened that day. Dumb shit like "they hate us for our "freedumb" was about as far as it got.
Well, you know what they do not hate the US for their freedom, they never did give a shit about that.

I think the biggest part of my reaction to these events, aside from the horror of the suffering a death, and the tragedy of lost loved ones is this....

Most countries all around the world have in their living memory disasters such as this, from war, famine disease, and disaster. America has been mostly quarantined from such awful things. Too far away from the action to get invaded in WW2, and only too happy to export their won brand of disaster to other countries; Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Grenada, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan a long list of Latin American countries - you know who they are, and a continual promotion and bankrolling of Israel who has done more to destabilise the Middle East that any one else.

So the 9/11 attacks were not out of the blue. They were a long time coming. It was simply pay-back.

And what did the US do in response?
1) Invaded Iraq - which did not have WMD. Was ideologically opposed to Osama and his gang, and had fuck al to do with 9/11.
2) Invaded Afghanistan to get Bin Laden - who immediately hopped over the border to Pakistan to continue his plots against the "Great Devil" of the Christian West
3) Generally disrupted and fucked up the politics of all but the most important countries of the Middle East. Instigating and aiding civil war throughout When the REAL motivation behind international terrorism is in SAUDI ARABIA who fund Wahhabi universities all over the Islamic world!!!

So USA, leader of the free world - how are you doing so far??? Had enough pay back for your pay back, and do you really think 20 years later things are any better? Is the chance of more terrorism lessened? What about all those families of the tortured and murdered Afghanis & Iraqis that you have abandoned? What about the extended families and tribes whose Wedding Parties you droned out of existence?
Do you think this is over. Or maybe you have just stirred the hornets nest a bit more?

There is no doubt that shares in arms companies have rocketed; billions of tax dollars have been burned. But that is about all you can say. Arms dealers are richer, and the risks higher.
All very true. Well said.
Thank you