Equity and crime

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Equity and crime

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:05 am
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:03 am
bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:58 am
Education.
GREAT answer.

And through 'education' I am 'heuristically'' teaching 'you'.

But this is happening so subliminally that you are UNAWARE that this is even happening and occurring.
Education is a good thing.
What does 'education' mean to 'you'.

What 'education' means to 'me' is a GREAT THING. But, to 'me', what 'education' means to 'you' is NOT a 'great' thing, let alone a 'good' thing. In fact, your definition of 'education' to 'me' will more than likely be a 'very bad thing'. But we will just have to wait and see how 'you' answer my clarifying question here.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:16 am
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:03 am
GREAT answer.

And through 'education' I am 'heuristically'' teaching 'you'.

But this is happening so subliminally that you are UNAWARE that this is even happening and occurring.

What 'education' means to 'me' is a GREAT THING. But, to 'me', what 'education' means to 'you' is NOT a 'great' thing, let alone a 'good' thing. In fact, your definition of 'education' to 'me' will more than likely be a 'very bad thing'. But we will just have to wait and see how 'you' answer my clarifying question here.
Education=Exchanign ideas.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:18 am

Just as I suspected. To 'me' this can be a VERY BAD THING.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:34 am

How could you possibly know what is right or wrong if you don't exchange ideas?
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

bahman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:44 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:07 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:01 pm
Economically for example by equalizing the salary of individuals. I am not against the hierarchy though and I think it should be based on wisdom.
So you'd be saying there's some correlation between equal salaries and crime?
No, I am saying there is a correlation between equal salaries and a reduction in crime. Why people should still if they realize that they are equal and have the same share of the wealth?
"No, I am saying there is a correlation between equal salaries and a reduction in crime" That's the same thing as saying "There's a correlation between equal salaries and crime" lol.

Anyway, what data are you using there?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Terrapin Station wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:25 am
Terrapin Station wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:07 pm

So you'd be saying there's some correlation between equal salaries and crime?
No, I am saying there is a correlation between equal salaries and a reduction in crime. Why people should still if they realize that they are equal and have the same share of the wealth?
"No, I am saying there is a correlation between equal salaries and a reduction in crime" That's the same thing as saying "There's a correlation between equal salaries and crime" lol.

The data that Skepdick provided. I would be happy to know the source too.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:38 am
If you have reached adulthood and still do NOT YET KNOW right from wrong, then exchanging ideas with other adult human beings who also do NOT YET KNOW right from wrong is NOT really going to achieve much. As the last few thousand years of human history has PROVEN.

How you can possibly KNOW right or wrong is from, and through, AGREEMENT, ITSELF.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:54 am

If you have reached adulthood and still do NOT YET KNOW right from wrong, then exchanging ideas with other adult human beings who also do NOT YET KNOW right from wrong is NOT really going to achieve much. As the last few thousand years of human history has PROVEN.
I simply don't agree. Exchanging ideas is the way.
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:54 am How you can possibly KNOW right or wrong is from, and through, AGREEMENT, ITSELF.
The agreement is achieved through exchanging ideas.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:46 am
Okay. But do NOT forget that YOUR ideas are ALREADY IRREFUTABLY true, right, AND correct, to you, so what EXACTLY is there to "exchange"?

Also, there is a MUCH SIMPLER and MUCH EASIER WAY.
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:54 am How you can possibly KNOW right or wrong is from, and through, AGREEMENT, ITSELF.
NOT necessarily so. As DISAGREEMENT can ALSO be reached, AND ACHIEVED. As the last few thousand years of human history has PROVEN.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:55 am

Skepdick didn't post anything about salaries. He posted something about murder rates plotted against time. (Something that he's taking to imply things that it doesn't at all imply, by the way, and yes, the sources of the data should be referenced on the site the graph stems from)
bahman

Post by bahman »

Terrapin Station wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:07 pm
bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:55 am

Skepdick didn't post anything about salaries. He posted something about murder rates plotted against time. (Something that he's taking to imply things that it doesn't at all imply, by the way, and yes, the sources of the data should be referenced on the site the graph stems from)
I am wondering why people should steal when they live in an equal society. On top of that, we have equity as a principle that enforces people to do right. Good or evil is the subject of the situation

And yes, it would be nice to have the source.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:14 am

Okay. But do NOT forget that YOUR ideas are ALREADY IRREFUTABLY true, right, AND correct, to you, so what EXACTLY is there to "exchange"?
I am educating you when I tell you something about the truth. You are free to provide otherwise.
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:54 am Also, there is a MUCH SIMPLER and MUCH EASIER WAY.
What is that?
NOT necessarily so. As DISAGREEMENT can ALSO be reached, AND ACHIEVED. As the last few thousand years of human history has PROVEN.
You cannot deny the progress that humans had in achieving global peace through the exchange of ideas.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

bahman wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:27 pm Equity has a significant effect on the reduction of crime.
study Russian to USSR to Russian history, they already tried that.

also such societies produced guys like Stalin and Mao Zedong who made Hitler third rate when it comes to killing the weak and the poor.

as a matter of fact what you propose is every one should have the same, but how that pans out with leaders of such is, every one should have nothing. therefore every one is equal, except those in power of course.
bahman

Post by bahman »

DPMartin wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:39 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:27 pm Equity has a significant effect on the reduction of crime.
study Russian to USSR to Russian history, they already tried that.

also such societies produced guys like Stalin and Mao Zedong who made Hitler third rate when it comes to killing the weak and the poor.

as a matter of fact what you propose is every one should have the same, but how that pans out with leaders of such is, every one should have nothing. therefore every one is equal, except those in power of course.
Their understanding was correct their approach was wrong.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:18 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:14 am
I am educating you when I tell you something about the truth. You are free to provide otherwise.
But if you ALREADY BELIEVE that you have the truth, which you OBVIOUSLY DO, then you will NOT listen to "another" one, and "their" ideas. Which you OBVIOUSLY DO NOT.

Also, when have you told me something about the truth?

And, is it even a possibility to you that what you say and claim is truth is actually NOT?
Age wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:54 am Also, there is a MUCH SIMPLER and MUCH EASIER WAY.
What is that?
Being Truly Honest, OPEN, while seriously wanting to change for the better.

You cannot deny the progress that humans had in achieving global peace through the exchange of ideas.
If you BELIEVE there is global peace in the days when this is being written, then you are MORE closed then I had previously realized.

Also, it could be argued that since human beings have come into existence THERE HAS NOT BEEN global peace.

But this in NO way mean that global peace is not achievable. You, human beings, just NEED to learn the RIGHT way to creating and achieving a Truly peaceful world.