the immorality of lying to your customers

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

the immorality of lying to your customers

Post by Advocate »

Automated saying things like "we care about your experience" clearly make the experience much worse when they've already proven they don't before you are subjected to the voice; and know they're lying by way of generic 'feels' words generically added to a generic machine interface.

"The next available CSR..." is another biggie. If they gave you to the next available person, that would mean they're letting you cut in line in front of everyone else who is waiting. It's either a lie or completely unfair, either way - evil.

What other examples of automated bullshit can you speak to from personal experience?
Advocate

Re: the immorality of lying to your customers

Post by Advocate »

bonus: I can remember my password for 100 sites, but i cannot memorize what unique password formula each of 100 sites require. "Adding security" most often adds inconvenience and doesn't increase security at all because the level of security was already sufficient.

bonus: "We put our customers first." No, no you don't. You put profit first. If you put your customers first your entire business would be entirely different.
Advocate

Re: the immorality of lying to your customers

Post by Advocate »

bonus: 16 digit credit card number + 4 digit expiration date + 3 digit security code + 5 digit zip code (9^28) = 523,347,633,027,360,537,213,511,521 possible combinations, enough to give every person on the fucking planet 65,418,454,000,000,000 (65.5 quadrillion) unique credit cards. This is not security, this is security theater, aka bullshit.