justice for just us

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: justice for just us

Post by henry quirk »

well morals believe it or not is relative, relative to those in a agreement, which is the agreed morals, or rules, or behavior, or this for that.

as I say, I'm a moral realist (specifically, a natural rights libertarian), so -- no -- I don't believe that.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=489613 time=1610557427 user_id=472]
[b]well morals believe it or not is relative, relative to those in a agreement, which is the agreed morals, or rules, or behavior, or this for that.[/b]

as I say, I'm a moral realist (specifically, a natural rights libertarian), so -- no -- I don't believe that.
[/quote]

Every right is opposed by a responsibility. If you have the right to x, everyone else has the responsibility to let you do x without interference.

Natural rights end as soon as you start forming a civilisation, which is a contract specifying what you'll compromise on in order to get the specified benefits.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:19 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:03 pm well morals believe it or not is relative, relative to those in a agreement, which is the agreed morals, or rules, or behavior, or this for that.

Every right is opposed by a responsibility. If you have the right to x, everyone else has the responsibility to let you do x without interference.

Natural rights end as soon as you start forming a civilisation, which is a contract specifying what you'll compromise on in order to get the specified benefits.
you and me, we got differin' ideas about what constitutes civilization, yes sir, we do