the ethics of bad design

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

the ethics of bad design

Post by Advocate »

Every other fucking week i wake up to find that some simple act i used to do now has extra steps or doesn't work like it used to because of presumptive bad design decisions, especially in technology. While it is possible to say they are mere instances, what level of last-straws does an average person have to put up with before considering the whole mess to be irrational and immoral?

Just in this editing box, between presumptive and bad is exactly one space, but hitting the right key TWICE takes me from the end of the e to the beginning of the b, while hitting backspace ONCE brings them together. This fucking interface doesn't even know if there is one or two fucking characters between the fucking words.

This is at least insanity-inducing if not immoral, and is not inducing insanity in others immoral?! The purpose of all knowledge, wisdom, and understanding is actionable certainty, and one cannot act with certainty in a constant flux of bullshit.

Re: the ethics of bad design

Post by Age »

Advocate wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:09 pm Every other fucking week i wake up to find that some simple act i used to do now has extra steps or doesn't work like it used to because of presumptive bad design decisions, especially in technology. While it is possible to say they are mere instances, what level of last-straws does an average person have to put up with before considering the whole mess to be irrational and immoral?

Just in this editing box, between presumptive and bad is exactly one space, but hitting the right key TWICE takes me from the end of the e to the beginning of the b, while hitting backspace ONCE brings them together. This fucking interface doesn't even know if there is one or two fucking characters between the fucking words.

This is at least insanity-inducing if not immoral, and is not inducing insanity in others immoral?!
Or, maybe 'you' are just 'trying to' BLAME "others" for your OWN 'insanity'.
Advocate wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:09 pm The purpose of all knowledge, wisdom, and understanding is actionable certainty, and one cannot act with certainty in a constant flux of bullshit.
Is this thee One and ONLY, indisputable AND irrefutable, 'PURPOSE' of ALL knowledge, wisdom, and understanding?

Or, is this just YOUR VIEW of what thee 'PURPOSE' of these things are?

Either way, these concepts of YOURS here might just be a result of YOUR "insanity-induced" 'insanity'. Have 'you' considered this?