death with dignity

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: death with dignity

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:02 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:49 pm Lacewing belongs to herself (even if she thinks otherwise)
Your arrogance is ignorance. What does this idea of belonging even mean? You're just making up shit to feel like you're more in control than you are.

I would agree that we are (typically) each responsible for ourselves to some degree, but the idea of ownership is just weird. You are a small part of an immense natural system, from which you cannot detach yourself. You were made from that system, you are influenced by that system continually, you are dependent on that system continually, and your body and mind are going to do what they do within and based on that system whether "you" always approve/agree or not.

The inaccurate and skewed nature of claims you've made on this forum clearly demonstrate how influenced and driven you are by particular noise and madness, and how adaptable and controlled you are with certain agendas. So I don't know how/why you're so proud of claiming ownership for yourself. It would seem more realistic and advantageous for you to acknowledge that you don't know any better. From that position, you might actually start listening and considering what is beyond your current limited notions.
yes, lace, we know: you don't belong to yourself & you have no free will

you're just a a bit in a system, a link in a chain, a cog in a machine

:thumbsup:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:18 pm yes, lace, we know: you don't belong to yourself & you have no free will

you're just a a bit in a system, a link in a chain, a cog in a machine

:thumbsup:
Being so extreme and dishonest makes you stupid.

When/where did I say I don't have free will? And no, I am not "just a cog in a machine". You don't mind/hesitate lying and fabricating to cling to the illusion of being "right", yes? That's why certain agendas resonate so much with you! :lol:

Ignoring how much you are part of a larger system... and pretending that you only belong to yourself... is just foolish arrogance. Are you REALLY unaware of how much you are a product of, and influenced by, an immense system?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

lacewing is a small part of an immense natural system, from which she cannot detach herself. she was made from that system, she is influenced by that system continually, she is dependent on that system continually, and her body and mind are going to do what they do within and based on that system whether "she" always approve/agree or not.

a description of a cog
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:53 pm lacewing is a small part of an immense natural system, from which she cannot detach herself. she was made from that system, she is influenced by that system continually, she is dependent on that system continually, and her body and mind are going to do what they do within and based on that system whether "she" always approve/agree or not.

a description of a cog
No, it's not. A cog in a wheel (so-to-speak) has no awareness or will. I have both. Yet I'm still aware of being part of a larger system. How is it that you are unable to grasp larger concepts of various components? Seriously, how small is your universe? Must you reduce everything down to a lump of coal that you can claim to know/own?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:01 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:53 pm lacewing is a small part of an immense natural system, from which she cannot detach herself. she was made from that system, she is influenced by that system continually, she is dependent on that system continually, and her body and mind are going to do what they do within and based on that system whether "she" always approve/agree or not.

a description of a cog
No, it's not. A cog in a wheel (so-to-speak) has no awareness or will. I have both. Yet I'm still aware of being part of a larger system. How is it that you are unable to grasp larger concepts of various components? Seriously, how small is your universe? Must you reduce everything down to a lump of coal that you can claim to know/own?
me, I'm not reducin'; you are

I say you're bigger & better and you say you're smaller & lesser

I say you are more; you say you're less

I actually think better of you than you do

but: enough of this

you wanna live as a mote, live as a mote
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

a description of a cog
Cogs are things. Lacewing is a person. A person is a conscious agent with rights.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:17 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:01 pm

a description of a cog
me, I'm not reducin'; you are

I say you're bigger & better and you say you're smaller & lesser

I say you are more; you say you're less

I actually think better of you than you do

but: enough of this

you wanna live as a mote, live as a mote
You are again claiming the opposite of what is true. (Not surprising.)

Is a drop of water more powerful and sustainable than an ocean?

You are showing that you simply do not understand how much there can be beyond your imagined self, nor how to access and use it. When people recognize that they are part of something much bigger, it does not diminish them. Rather, it gives them MORE options and further reach. It naturally requires a shift of thinking: away from locking oneself down on a little island in service to your own ego, shaking your fist and your gun, to opening up to broader and more diverse awareness and potential that is not so easily intoxicated and deluded by a shallow pursuit of supposed "ownership".
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:08 pm

a description of a cog
Cogs are things. Lacewing is a person. A person is a conscious agent with rights.
I agree, B, but lace apparently doesn't...that bit up there, the lacewing is a small part of... spiel, she wrote that, not me...I just plugged her name and pronouns into it
henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:49 pm Lacewing belongs to herself (even if she thinks otherwise)
You are a small part of an immense natural system, from which you cannot detach yourself. You were made from that system, you are influenced by that system continually, you are dependent on that system continually, and your body and mind are going to do what they do within and based on that system whether "you" always approve/agree or not.
Last edited by henry quirk on Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Is a drop of water more powerful and sustainable than an ocean?

are you water now? just a drop in the ocean?

okeedoke
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:51 pm Is a drop of water more powerful and sustainable than an ocean?

Are you really so dense, Henry... or are you just a belligerent asshole?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:50 am
henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:51 pm Is a drop of water more powerful and sustainable than an ocean?

Are you really so dense, Henry... or are you just a belligerent asshole?
bit of both, actually
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:49 pm

a description of a cog
I agree, B, but lace apparently doesn't...that bit up there, the lacewing is a small part of... spiel, she wrote that, not me...I just plugged her name and pronouns into it
You are a small part of an immense natural system, from which you cannot detach yourself. You were made from that system, you are influenced by that system continually, you are dependent on that system continually, and your body and mind are going to do what they do within and based on that system whether "you" always approve/agree or not.
So what do you think is(are) the attribute(s) of persons that separates them from commodities like cogs?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:50 am
henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:49 pm

So what do you think is(are) the attribute(s) of persons that separates them from commodities like cogs?
well, I got no interest in gettin' involved in another what is a person? conversation...those never satisfy

instead, I'll just point out...

a person will say sumthin' like I belong to myself...my life, liberty, and property are mine

a human cog will say sumthin' like I am a small part of an immense natural system, from which I cannot detach myself. I was made from that system, I am influenced by that system continually, I am dependent on that system continually, and my body and mind are going to do what they do within and based on that system whether "I" always approve/agree or not.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:56 pm a person will say sumthin' like I belong to myself...my life, liberty, and property are mine

a human cog will say sumthin' like I am a small part of an immense natural system, from which I cannot detach myself. I was made from that system, I am influenced by that system continually, I am dependent on that system continually, and my body and mind are going to do what they do within and based on that system whether "I" always approve/agree or not.
You simply do not understand what is beyond your small view and ego. Apparently for you, it's pretty much all about you. And somehow you don't see how that makes you a perfect pawn for others who cater to that delusional agenda. :) Your life, liberty, and property are only what you get to experience because of many other people and circumstances. And those things can be taken away in an instant. As can your control over your body. Then what are you left with? At that point, what do you belong to?
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=484766 time=1607946982 user_id=472]
a person will say sumthin' like [i]I belong to myself...my life, liberty, and property are mine[/i]

a human cog will say sumthin' like [i]I am a small part of an immense natural system, from which I cannot detach myself. I was made from that system, I am influenced by that system continually, I am dependent on that system continually, and my body and mind are going to do what they do within and based on that system whether "I" always approve/agree or not.[/i]
[/quote]

Those aren't mutually exclusive. A proper person by those standards can also truthfully acknowledge their stuckness in the machine. You don't stop being a person the moment someone puts duct-tape on your mouth. The acceptance of the truth of "made from that system" is critically different than an acceptance of "made for that system". And regardless of the acknowledgement, the system does and will have it's way with you.