death with dignity

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: death with dignity

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:54 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:29 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:00 pm

but as much as you loath it (and this was my point from up-thread) you won't defy it when a fuckwad, with a signature, codifies wokism as law...if the fuckwad sez no more bad talk about muslims or islam, you'll abide, even though you know it's bad law

that's what I don't understand, veg
What would you expect me to do? The most I can do is write about it when the opportunity arises and hope that others can see a reasoned argument. Political Correctness has the whole population in a stranglehold--EVERYWHERE.
It's not just muslims of course. You can't criticise ANY 'PROTECTED GROUP' because apparently those people breathe a different air from the rest of us. People get arrested in the UK for saying that men can't be women.
mebbe, I'm suggestin' you ought to resist what you know is wrong...or not...that's solely your call
Define 'resist' then. You expect me to blow up the houses of parliament?

Wokies and 'protected groups' (gee, I didn't know that islam was so powerless and helpless that it needs special laws to 'protect' it) exploit 'hate speech' laws to control and intimidate populations. Of course, those same laws NEVER apply to themselves.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:11 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:29 pm

What would you expect me to do? The most I can do is write about it when the opportunity arises and hope that others can see a reasoned argument. Political Correctness has the whole population in a stranglehold--EVERYWHERE.
It's not just muslims of course. You can't criticise ANY 'PROTECTED GROUP' because apparently those people breathe a different air from the rest of us. People get arrested in the UK for saying that men can't be women.
mebbe, I'm suggestin' you ought to resist what you know is wrong...or not...that's solely your call

Wokies and 'protected groups' (gee, I didn't know that islam was so powerless and helpless that it needs special laws to 'protect' it) exploit 'hate speech' laws to control and intimidate populations. Of course, those same laws NEVER apply to themselves.
in context, resist means not complyin'...against the law to speak the truth about islam? speak it anyway...illegal to point out men cannot turn into women? point it out anyway...illegal to leave your home without a mask? go out maskless anyway...here, we call it civil disobedience

again: this is your call
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:33 pm

in context, resist means not complyin'...against the law to speak the truth about islam? speak it anyway...illegal to point out men cannot turn into women? point it out anyway...illegal to leave your home without a mask? go out maskless anyway...here, we call it civil disobedience

I wouldn't fare well in prison. Sorry, but I'm not the martyr type. A salmon, yes, but martyr no.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=484337 time=1607719764 user_id=472]
I suggest you hunt down my pithy red meat thread about ownness for other thoughts on the subject
[/quote]

To say that someone has ethical ownership of themselves doesn't mean they have actual ownership in any meaningful sense.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:40 pm

I wouldn't fare well in prison. Sorry, but I'm not the martyr type. A salmon, yes, but martyr no.
no offense, veg, but yer already imprisoned
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:49 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:49 pm I suggest you hunt down my pithy red meat thread about ownness for other thoughts on the subject
To say that someone has ethical ownership of themselves doesn't mean they have actual ownership in any meaningful sense.
do you belong to you?
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:54 pm

I'm more offended by your spelling...
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:11 am
henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:54 pm

I'm more offended by your spelling...
;)
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=484354 time=1607723733 user_id=472]
[quote=Advocate post_id=484351 time=1607723356 user_id=15238]
[quote="henry quirk" post_id=484337 time=1607719764 user_id=472]
I suggest you hunt down my pithy red meat thread about ownness for other thoughts on the subject
[/quote]

[/quote]

do you belong to you?
[/quote]

Belonging seems to intend what Ought, to be distinguished from what Is. Yes, i Ought to belong to myself, but no, i don't have Actual ownership of myself. The government has more certainty of access and control of me and my life than i do, which is a major fucking problem.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:59 am
henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:55 pm
Advocate wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:49 pm To say that someone has ethical ownership of themselves doesn't mean they have actual ownership in any meaningful sense.
do you belong to you?
Belonging seems to intend what Ought, to be distinguished from what Is. Yes, i Ought to belong to myself, but no, i don't have Actual ownership of myself. The government has more certainty of access and control of me and my life than i do, which is a major fucking problem.
so: like Lace, you aren't your own...okay, and: good luck
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=484377 time=1607737247 user_id=472]
[quote=Advocate post_id=484376 time=1607734768 user_id=15238]
[quote="henry quirk" post_id=484354 time=1607723733 user_id=472]

do you belong to you?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can't just <poof> meaningful control from the universe just by intending it or dreaming it into being. In the final analysis you're not in control of anything, you're the rider on the elephant.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:51 am
henry quirk wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:40 am
Advocate wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:59 am Belonging seems to intend what Ought, to be distinguished from what Is. Yes, i Ought to belong to myself, but no, i don't have Actual ownership of myself. The government has more certainty of access and control of me and my life than i do, which is a major fucking problem.
You can't just <poof> meaningful control from the universe just by intending it or dreaming it into being. In the final analysis you're not in control of anything, you're the rider on the elephant.
well, if that's how you see it, I leave you to it
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=484383 time=1607739343 user_id=472]
[quote=Advocate post_id=484380 time=1607737917 user_id=15238]
[quote="henry quirk" post_id=484377 time=1607737247 user_id=472]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That doesn't address the issue of feeling like we do have control.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:54 am
henry quirk wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:15 am
Advocate wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:51 am

That doesn't address the issue of feeling like we do have control.
I have addressed it...you addressed it...we dismissed one another...what else is there to say?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:49 pm Lacewing belongs to herself (even if she thinks otherwise)
Your arrogance is ignorance. What does this idea of belonging even mean? You're just making up shit to feel like you're more in control than you are.

I would agree that we are (typically) each responsible for ourselves to some degree, but the idea of ownership is just weird. You are a small part of an immense natural system, from which you cannot detach yourself. You were made from that system, you are influenced by that system continually, you are dependent on that system continually, and your body and mind are going to do what they do within and based on that system whether "you" always approve/agree or not.

The inaccurate and skewed nature of claims you've made on this forum clearly demonstrate how influenced and driven you are by particular noise and madness, and how adaptable and controlled you are with certain agendas. So I don't know how/why you're so proud of claiming ownership for yourself. It would seem more realistic and advantageous for you to acknowledge that you don't know any better. From that position, you might actually start listening and considering what is beyond your current limited notions.