solving racism

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RCSaunders

Re: solving racism

Post by RCSaunders »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:36 pm So are you claiming that you have never committed the sin of racism?
The, "sin of racism?" What is that?

If racism is a sin, the entire Bible and Christian religion are dripping with sin. The Bible and Christian religion are as racist as any book or religion in this world, putting CRT to shame. According to the Bible, God's entire way of dealing with human beings is based on race and hereditary characteristics. The God of the Bible invented racism, third only in evil to his first invention, government, and his second invention, war.

[Please don't respond to this if you're too dense to understand the rhetoric.

Fortunately it's all fiction.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:23 pm The, "sin of racism?" What is that?

If racism is a sin, the entire Bible and Christian religion are dripping with sin. The Bible and Christian religion are as racist as any book or religion in this world, putting CRT to shame. According to the Bible, God's entire way of dealing with human beings is based on race and hereditary characteristics. The God of the Bible invented racism, third only in evil to his first invention, government, and his second invention, war.

Way to miss the context of the conversation...

The message was not intented for you. You are a few galaxies off the mark.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:23 pm Please don't respond to this if you're too dense to understand the rhetoric.
Please don't use rhetoric, if you don't understand the difference between it and dialectic.

Your message is, indeed, rhetoric....in the most debased sense, of course.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:44 pm

Oh that's fine. My comment wasn't meant for you or IC either. I wrote it for those whose minds have not been warped by some religious superstition to point out how absurd it is for those whose beliefs are fundamentally racist to be discussing racism as though the knew what it is.

Have a nice day!
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:46 pm the problem with America is racism

No. One of America's problems are folks makin' a buck on racism. Call 'em professional agitators. They're everywhere, sprinkled thru-out the country, attachin' themselves, lamprey-like to businesses and organizations. They, for pay, inflate mole hills into mountains, diagnose culture cancers where there are only blemishes.

They are part of that class of parasite who quietly create problems then loudly proclaim they have the solution for the problems.

Racists exist, yes: white racists, black racists, brown, yellow, and red racists. Men and women, young and old, rich and poor. But they are individuals, poisoned souls. There's no cultural/systemic/institutional racism. And those who say there is are drawin' a paycheck, of one kind or another, to quietly inspire racism, then, with fanfare, offer solutions to racism.

Those solutions? Always involve someone gettin' cut off at the knees and never involve actually elevatin' anyone.

And always these solutions are designed the appeal to that fatal tendency of mankind...

Self-preservation and self-development are common aspirations among all people. And if everyone enjoyed the unrestricted use of his faculties and the free disposition of the fruits of his labor, social progress would be ceaseless, uninterrupted, and unfailing.

But there is also another tendency that is common among people. When they can, they wish to live and prosper at the expense of others. This is no rash accusation. Nor does it come from a gloomy and uncharitable spirit. The annals of history bear witness to the truth of it: the incessant wars, mass migrations, religious persecutions, universal slavery, dishonesty in commerce, and monopolies. This fatal desire has its origin in the very nature of man — in that primitive, universal, and insuppressible instinct that impels him to satisfy his desires with the least possible pain.

Whole generations of Americans have been eaten up by these professional agitators caterin' to this fatal tendency. Generations taught to envy, to rely on others, taught they can't get a fair shake cuz the white man has his boot on their throats, taught to subsist and hate, taught they can't and never will till they back this problem-solver or solution (which, as I say, never solves diddly).

When I was a kid: it was all about color doesn't matter.

Now: it's color is all that matters, that, and make whitey -- any whitey -- pay.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:03 pm
Skepdick wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:44 pm

Oh that's fine. My comment wasn't meant for you or IC either. I wrote it for those whose minds have not been warped by some religious superstition to point out how absurd it is for those whose beliefs are fundamentally racist to be discussing racism as though the knew what it is.

Have a nice day!
Besides "religious superstition" there are other ways people learn biases. The use of this forum to counter racism is the intellectual way to counter racism. Internet forums provide neither psychoanalysis or practical experience.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:59 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:23 pm Please don't respond to this if you're too dense to understand the rhetoric.
Please don't use rhetoric, if you don't understand the difference between it and dialectic.

Your message is, indeed, rhetoric....in the most debased sense, of course.
"Dialectic?" Really? Shades of Hegel.

Well, I knew you wouldn't understand it. You embrace all that vile book teaches, and I'm being totally literal. The Bible glorifies war and genocide in almost every book. Every Old Testament war was ethnic in nature pitting one people against another because of the genetic (different forefather's) background. The New Testament uses the rhetoric of war, instruments of war, and agents of war (soldiers) to picture how those who worship God should live. It's all about war, even so-called, "war in heaven."

With the possible exception of the Koran, no book (and no religion) promotes war more than the Bible and Christianity. If it were not for a belief in the so-called after life, most wars would be impossible for governments to wage. It would be difficult to get young men to throw away their lives fighting for a government if they knew the life they were throwing away was the only one they were ever going to have.

With few exceptions, (some Amish, Quakers (Friends), and Adventists), every Chirstian denomination support and promote militarism and war, wholesale slaughter and destruction that makes individual crimes petty in comparison.

As for racism, the entire New Testament is filled with ethnic evaluations of individuals and separates the entire world genetically. Only the Bible refers to an entire ethnic group as being selected by God.

That's the truth without rhetoric.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:40 pm "Dialectic?" Really? Shades of Hegel.
Got anything to say about "solving racism"?

Or are you just wanting to foam and rant? 8)

My time for the latter is very limited, so please hurry up.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:46 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:40 pm "Dialectic?" Really? Shades of Hegel.
Got anything to say about "solving racism"?
Well, personally I do not know anyone who has any so-called, "problem with racism," and I know an awful lot of people personally. I don't know you personally, so don't know if you have a problem with it or not. I don't.

The reason I mentioned Christianity and the Bible is because they are both racist, and I do not believe it is possible to embrace either without being a racist. Since racism is an individual problem, one solution would be for those individuals who would like to cease being racist to get rid of all their racist superstitions (religion) and dependence and racist books for their beliefs. That would, "solve," a lot of racism (and other problems as well).

It's not going to happen and I'm not trying to promote it. Just explaining how what I wrote addresses the racism question. Racism will never be eliminated so long as most people embrace some religion that teaches there are differences in individuals determined ethnically, genetically, or any other arbitrary categorization or classification, which almost all religions do.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:14 pm Well, personally I do not know anyone who has any so-called, "problem with racism," and I know an awful lot of people personally. I don't know you personally, so don't know if you have a problem with it or not. I don't.
Whoever posted this orginally thinks there's one. You may agree or disagree.
The reason I mentioned Christianity and the Bible is because they are both racist,
The reason I ignored you is because I prefer arguments with some justification, and statements with at least an ounce of truth behind them.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:23 pm The reason I ignored you is because I prefer arguments ....
Good. I prefer reason.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:59 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:23 pm The reason I ignored you is because I prefer arguments ....
Good. I prefer reason.
"Rhetoric." You prefer "rhetoric." You said so.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:08 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:59 pm
Good. I prefer reason.
"Rhetoric." You prefer "rhetoric." You said so.
It's not what I said, but I'll give you that one.
hoobsdk

Post by hoobsdk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:11 am
Skepdick wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:39 am
milewheeler1 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:21 am Yes that's how is done.
That is how my wife does it.

She uses her "white" name to get appointments, because her black name causes trouble.
What's her 'black name'? What a fucking stupid comment you just made. God I'm sick of stupid people.
Perhaps she has an 'idiot name', and her 'idiot name' is holding her back??
What's her 'black name'? What a fucking stupid comment you just made. God, I'm sick of stupid people.
Perhaps she has an 'idiot name', and her 'idiot name' is holding her back?? :idea: Kinemaster Mod Apk
mikegold

Post by mikegold »

Advocate wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:41 pm There are three reasons you might believe being racist is the correct world-view.

a) You trust that racist people around you to have your best interest in mind.
b) You believe even if racism is bad, there is some other reason to be racist that is more important.
c) Your own experience shows you that racism is necessary.

Each of these can be addressed in a certain epistemological way.
Yes that's how is done.
:roll: