slavery

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Advocate
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

slavery

Post by Advocate »

Slavery existed almost everywhere in history until whites abolished it. Blacks should support white power.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8813
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: slavery

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:36 pm Slavery existed almost everywhere in history until whites abolished it. Blacks should support white power.
slavery still exists, and thrives, almost everywhere

outlawin' it in certain places only pushed it underground
Advocate
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: slavery

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=471981 time=1600438498 user_id=472]
[quote=Advocate post_id=471837 time=1600374963 user_id=15238]
Slavery existed almost everywhere in history until whites abolished it. Blacks should support white power.
[/quote]

slavery still exists, and thrives, almost everywhere

outlawin' it in certain places only pushed it underground
[/quote]

"only"?
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8813
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: slavery

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:26 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:14 pm
Advocate wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:36 pm Slavery existed almost everywhere in history until whites abolished it. Blacks should support white power.
slavery still exists, and thrives, almost everywhere

outlawin' it in certain places only pushed it underground
"only"?
yep, only...banning didn't stop it or blunt it...banning only forced a shift in business model
Advocate
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: slavery

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=472021 time=1600443856 user_id=472]
[quote=Advocate post_id=472015 time=1600442792 user_id=15238]
[quote="henry quirk" post_id=471981 time=1600438498 user_id=472]


slavery still exists, and thrives, almost everywhere

outlawin' it in certain places only pushed it underground
[/quote]

"only"?
[/quote]

yep, [i]only[/i]...banning didn't stop it or blunt it...banning only forced a shift in [i]business model[/i]
[/quote]

Your argument doesn't admit of nuance. Taken to its logical extreme it would ban banning anything by appeal to uselessness.
User avatar
RCSaunders
Posts: 2102
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: slavery

Post by RCSaunders »

Advocate wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:18 pm Your argument doesn't admit of nuance. Taken to its logical extreme it would ban banning anything by appeal to uselessness.
That's right. No government, "ban," ever ended or can end anything. You cannot change people by passing laws, matter how much force you use. Drugs are banned. Banning doesn't work and is, just as you say, useless, except for the damage it always does.
Advocate
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: slavery

Post by Advocate »

[quote=RCSaunders post_id=472025 time=1600450299 user_id=16196]
[quote=Advocate post_id=472024 time=1600449525 user_id=15238]
Your argument doesn't admit of nuance. Taken to its logical extreme it would ban banning anything by appeal to uselessness.
[/quote]
That's right. No government, "ban," ever ended or can end anything. You cannot change people by passing laws, matter how much force you use. Drugs are banned. Banning doesn't work and is, just as you say, useless, except for the damage it always does.
[/quote]

Do we want to talk about chemical weapons plans yet? There's a legitimate place for absolute bans that cannot do more harm than they prevent.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8813
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: slavery

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:18 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:44 pm
Advocate wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:26 pm

"only"?
yep, only...banning didn't stop it or blunt it...banning only forced a shift in business model
Your argument doesn't admit of nuance. Taken to its logical extreme it would ban banning anything by appeal to uselessness.
bans, enacted by gov, of anything, are useless

slavery is just plain wrong: it's an evil that men of will and conscience must address; it's not a political issue to be dickered over by reeds that bend in the wind
Post Reply