Cuties

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4359
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Cuties

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:10 pm It is indoctrination. We are indoctrinated by society to act in certain ways which offer us "meaning." We sacrifice our calling to objective meaning by adopting the subjective meanings of the world we live in. Plato called it living in Plato's cave.
Well in this instance, it seems we have been indoctrinated positively. All the comments here express a distaste for it, and reading a bit of the article , there is also a wider public condemnation of it. It should also be remembered that the makers of the film claim that “ Cuties is a social commentary against the sexualization of young children.” I'm guessing you don't believe them.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8833
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Cuties

Post by henry quirk »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:25 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:10 pm It is indoctrination. We are indoctrinated by society to act in certain ways which offer us "meaning." We sacrifice our calling to objective meaning by adopting the subjective meanings of the world we live in. Plato called it living in Plato's cave.
Well in this instance, it seems we have been indoctrinated positively. All the comments here express a distaste for it, and reading a bit of the article , there is also a wider public condemnation of it. It should also be remembered that the makers of the film claim that “ Cuties is a social commentary against the sexualization of young children.” I'm guessing you don't believe them.
viewers give it a :thumbsdown:; critics give it a :thumbsup:

go figure
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4359
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Cuties

Post by Harbal »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:57 pm
viewers give it a :thumbsdown:; critics give it a :thumbsup:

go figure
I don't know what to figure, henry; like everyone else here, I'm only an armchair expert.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8833
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Cuties

Post by henry quirk »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:00 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:57 pm
viewers give it a :thumbsdown:; critics give it a :thumbsup:

go figure
I don't know what to figure, henry; like everyone else here, I'm only an armchair expert.
well, I ain't shy: the critics are shills...they live and breath inside the pockets of famous folks...like good dogs, they fetch on command...they'll even turn a blind eye to china's slave racket, to the slaver industry, to child rapers, if it keeps 'em in the good graces of well-heeled shitbags...another set of useful idiots who'll get theirs, eventually
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9148
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Cuties

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:21 pm
Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:05 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:56 am

I remember my first trip back to the US, from the UK, after a long absence having left as a child. It was about 1980, and remember seeing a Jordache Jeans advert on TV in which pre-pubescent girls covered in make-up were parading like $100 hookers. A paedos dream.
I suppose the UK advertising authority would have thought it tasteless, as there was nothing of the kind in the UK.
Don't get me wrong - I am not in any sense prudish. I just thought this was f*cking insane. Let kids have a bloody childhood. Don't groom them for abuse.
I think it's tasteless, but I don't know if it has any adverse effects on the kids who appear in such shows, or on the kids who watch them. I have no idea why an adult would watch such utter crap.
Who was it that said "the only difference between art and porn is the lighting. Cuties is a child porn movie calling itself art to make money. Watch the final dance scene. Is it art or child porn? Why is everyone cheering? What is wrong with it? If you do feel something is wrong with it, is it because you've been indoctrinated or is their something objectively wrong which you still are able to feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqqHlG5BeVs
I haven't seen the film but I assume it's the style of dancing that you are offended by (started in the US). Blame the internet.
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9148
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Cuties

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Not sure why any man would watch it then if he's scared it will turn him into a misopaed.
Nick_A
Posts: 5205
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Cuties

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:25 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:10 pm It is indoctrination. We are indoctrinated by society to act in certain ways which offer us "meaning." We sacrifice our calling to objective meaning by adopting the subjective meanings of the world we live in. Plato called it living in Plato's cave.
Well in this instance, it seems we have been indoctrinated positively. All the comments here express a distaste for it, and reading a bit of the article , there is also a wider public condemnation of it. It should also be remembered that the makers of the film claim that “ Cuties is a social commentary against the sexualization of young children.” I'm guessing you don't believe them.
No I don't believe them. This reminds me of the BLM question. Does it lead to racial equality or it just a means for promoting marxism and the loss of liberty? Cuties is the same. If society is aware of what it does and disproves in public while approving in private all that happens is more acts of pedophelia. Consider the lyrics from the title song of the movie:
It's so hard to turn your life over
Step out of your comfort zone
It's so hard to choose one direction
When your future is unknown
Is this some kind of a joke, will someone wake me up soon?
And tell me this was just a game we played, called life.
Are we, are we all really slaves?
By the hands of ourselves
Did I really make all of those mistakes?
Am I really getting older?
Then why do I feel so lost?
Is this some kind of a joke, will someone wake me up soon?
And tell me this was just a game we played, called life.
And at the end of the road, is there someone waiting?
Do I get a medal for surviving this long?
Is this some kind of a joke, will someone wake me up soon?
And tell me this was just a game we played, called life.
Is this some kind of a joke, will someone wake me up soon?
And tell me this was just a game we played, called life.
Society has created a majority of young lost souls starved for meaning. We can admit the problem in public but cannot deal with it in private. All that happens is that through ignorance it gradually worsens and all the varieties of Lolita Island become more fashionable.

There are reasons why people sexually get off on 11 year old girls starved for meaning. There is no reason to condemn it without understanding why we do.
Nick_A
Posts: 5205
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Cuties

Post by Nick_A »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:27 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:21 pm
Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:05 am

I think it's tasteless, but I don't know if it has any adverse effects on the kids who appear in such shows, or on the kids who watch them. I have no idea why an adult would watch such utter crap.
Who was it that said "the only difference between art and porn is the lighting. Cuties is a child porn movie calling itself art to make money. Watch the final dance scene. Is it art or child porn? Why is everyone cheering? What is wrong with it? If you do feel something is wrong with it, is it because you've been indoctrinated or is their something objectively wrong which you still are able to feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqqHlG5BeVs
I haven't seen the film but I assume it's the style of dancing that you are offended by (started in the US). Blame the internet.
It isn't a matter of blaming but of understanding why we do what we do.
Nick_A
Posts: 5205
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Cuties

Post by Nick_A »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:58 pm
Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:00 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:57 pm
viewers give it a :thumbsdown:; critics give it a :thumbsup:

go figure
I don't know what to figure, henry; like everyone else here, I'm only an armchair expert.
well, I ain't shy: the critics are shills...they live and breath inside the pockets of famous folks...like good dogs, they fetch on command...they'll even turn a blind eye to china's slave racket, to the slaver industry, to child rapers, if it keeps 'em in the good graces of well-heeled shitbags...another set of useful idiots who'll get theirs, eventually
Is there anything more corrupt than Hollywood? The real question here is if the arts corrupt human nature or does human nature corrupt the arts?
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9148
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Cuties

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:53 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:27 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:21 pm

Who was it that said "the only difference between art and porn is the lighting. Cuties is a child porn movie calling itself art to make money. Watch the final dance scene. Is it art or child porn? Why is everyone cheering? What is wrong with it? If you do feel something is wrong with it, is it because you've been indoctrinated or is their something objectively wrong which you still are able to feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqqHlG5BeVs
I haven't seen the film but I assume it's the style of dancing that you are offended by (started in the US). Blame the internet.
It isn't a matter of blaming but of understanding why we do what we do.
Look to your own country and ask why anyone would want to follow such a sick crap-hole.
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4359
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Cuties

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:49 pm This reminds me of the BLM question. Does it lead to racial equality or it just a means for promoting marxism and the loss of liberty?
Oh, you are one of those who has been infected with the "commies are coming for me" virus. I understand there's a lot of that about in the USA. I don't know who is behind the campaign to scare the life out of you, but they are doing an excellent job. :D
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:49 pm

Society has created a majority of young lost souls starved for meaning.
Well you say that, but what claim of special insight into the status of the souls of the majority of the young do you have to justify it?
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:49 pm

There are reasons why people sexually get off on 11 year old girls starved for meaning.
I suppose there's a reason for everything, and if we don't happen to know the reason, we can always make one up that suits whatever story we want to tell.
Nick_A
Posts: 5205
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Cuties

Post by Nick_A »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:02 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:53 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:27 pm

I haven't seen the film but I assume it's the style of dancing that you are offended by (started in the US). Blame the internet.
It isn't a matter of blaming but of understanding why we do what we do.
Look to your own country and ask why anyone would want to follow such a sick crap-hole.
Why ignore the larger question? Why is the world as a whole attracted to pornography? If we knew that, then we may understand the dynamics of child porn
Nick_A
Posts: 5205
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Cuties

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:07 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:49 pm This reminds me of the BLM question. Does it lead to racial equality or it just a means for promoting marxism and the loss of liberty?
Oh, you are one of those who has been infected with the "commies are coming for me" virus. I understand there's a lot of that about in the USA. I don't know who is behind the campaign to scare the life out of you, but they are doing an excellent job. :D
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:49 pm

Society has created a majority of young lost souls starved for meaning.
Well you say that, but what claim of special insight into the status of the souls of the majority of the young do you have to justify it?
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:49 pm

There are reasons why people sexually get off on 11 year old girls starved for meaning.
I suppose there's a reason for everything, and if we don't happen to know the reason, we can always make one up that suits whatever story we want to tell.
Read the song lyrics. It is about young lost souls starved for meaning. We may be ignorant as to why it is so but does it do any good to make up reasons that make us feel good?
Last edited by Nick_A on Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2196
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Cuties

Post by Sculptor »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:49 pm This reminds me of the BLM question. Does it lead to racial equality or it just a means for promoting marxism and the loss of liberty?
This is tragically incoherent.
WTF are they telling you on FOx News?
I suppose you think racial equality is "cultural marxism", or some other such meme driven phantom.
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4359
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Cuties

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:11 pm
Read the song lyrics. It is about young lost souls starved for meaning
And was that song written collectively by the majority of the youth?
Post Reply