Essential services during the pandemic

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Essential services during the pandemic

Post by Walker »

You know perfesser, this confidence I had in you to contribute something worthwhile was not just a one shot deal. The worth of the effort for you is to extend that level of positive consciousness into further transmissions of whatever’s rattling around in your noggin, even if it be bitter bear bile.

I invite you to move past your pettiness. Join us. Come, join us. Show us something.

In the United States people are getting a taste of totalitarianism put in place to enforce civic duty. Of course, not real totalitarianism. Agents of the government are not shooting folks in the street for breaking a multitude of differing quarantine laws, some agencies contradicting others, and so on …

People don’t trust the government.

For a multitude of reasons, polls show that the public confidence in politicians is way low. People want to do the right thing, which is live, work, and prosper. In many places the government has made that illegal. This was necessary, for the civic duty, to get a grip on the what the hell was going on. The risk has been defined. People know the risk and the prophylactic measures to take.

People are responsible. Neighborhoods self-police. In fact, the evidence indicates that people are a hell of a lot more responsible than those enforcing and establishing the as-of-now necessary totalitarianism.

Folks are beginning to realize that the cases expressing now were infected a couple of weeks ago, and since then group consciousness has been raised to the level of coronavirus mindfulness. The streets are empty. With increased awareness, there will be decreased new infections while the virus runs its course for the currently infected under medical advice.

The infection expressions now, were caused back when the Progressives were playing politics with lives by assuring the public and encouraging public gatherings as a show of unity against the evil orange man who would divide us, for we are in this together, let’s link arms and walk the streets of Chinatown for a photo op ...

For now the people simply must trust the judgment of the government, even though it’s destroying the best laid plans, even though it’s Shiva crushing the petty egos and desires of the producers, of those who make the wheels of civilization go round ... because eventually other people’s money get’s all used up.

And so on, and so on, indefinitely … but for now it’s time to put the finishing touches on that bedroom I’ve been painting now and then.

I have every confidence in your capacity to transcend pettiness … for maybe tomorrow the corona corona will getchee like a getchee gotcha cactus, and who wants to be petty when that happens?

Make it worth my while to read what you write, whoever you are.

Assuming that I have some responsibility to answer your ignorance just doesn't cut it.

Savvy?
uwot

Post by uwot »

Walker wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:47 pmYou know perfesser, this confidence I had in you to contribute something worthwhile was not just a one shot deal.
You are probably a lost cause, Walker. You see, people like you are encouraged to believe that people who know what they are talking about don't know what they are talking about, by people who make a lot of money from other people's ignorance.
Walker wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:47 pmThe worth of the effort for you is to extend that level of positive consciousness into further transmissions of whatever’s rattling around in your noggin, even if it be bitter bear bile.
Positive consciousness sounds lovely, but it is no substitute for critical thinking. It is exactly what Donald Trump demanded when he told Fox News’ chief White House correspondent John Roberts “You should say, ‘Congratulations, great job’ instead of being so horrid in the way you ask a question.”
Even Fox news can no longer pretend that Trump is doing a "great job", which is good news for the pitifully craven OAN.
Walker wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:47 pmI invite you to move past your pettiness. Join us. Come, join us. Show us something.
Here's an extract from a letter from Aldous Huxley to George Orwell.
"Whether in actual fact the policy of the boot-on-the-face can go on indefinitely seems doubtful. My own belief is that the ruling oligarchy will find less arduous and wasteful ways of governing and of satisfying its lust for power, and these ways will resemble those which I described in Brave New World."
http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/03/19 ... world.html
Walker wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:47 pmFolks are beginning to realize that the cases expressing now were infected a couple of weeks ago...
Anybody who listens to people who know what they are talking about and doesn't simply suckle at the tits in Fox, Breitbart, American Thinker, OAN etc, has known that for the last couple of months. Welcome to reality, Walker.
Walker wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:47 pmThe infection expressions now, were caused back when the Progressives were playing politics with lives by assuring the public and encouraging public gatherings as a show of unity against the evil orange man who would divide us...
Well, given your attitude to "Progressives" he has clearly succeeded in your case.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:06 am
Walker wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:42 am Is abortion an essential service?

Ohio Orders Abortion Clinics to Stop Performing ‘Elective’ Abortions
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... abortions/
This question would obviously all depend on what "essential" is in relation to exactly?
All abortions are absolutely essential.
For a woman to have made such a massive decision, it cannot be done lightly.
In such rare cases as a woman is capable of making such a decision lightly you have to ask what kind of a mother would such a woman make.
So since there are, of necessity, two basic categories from this criteria - all abortions are essential since the lack of such a thing means an unwanted child - and there is nothing more desolate than that.
When during a "state of exception" you have to ask if there is not another reason for draconian actions such as this.
In a country where buying guns is seen as essential, whilst abortion is not, you have to ask what kind of world do you actually want to live in?
DO you really want to live in a world where unwanted children grow up to buy as many guns as they can carry?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:47 pm You know perfesser, this confidence I had in you to contribute something worthwhile was not just a one shot deal. The worth of the effort for you is to extend that level of positive consciousness into further transmissions of whatever’s rattling around in your noggin, even if it be bitter bear bile.

I invite you to move past your pettiness. Join us. Come, join us. Show us something.

In the United States people are getting a taste of totalitarianism put in place to enforce civic duty. Of course, not real totalitarianism. Agents of the government are not shooting folks in the street for breaking a multitude of differing quarantine laws, some agencies contradicting others, and so on …

People don’t trust the government....
Savvy?
Your brain is made of mush.
The "progressives" were counselling caution, whilst the orange moron was playing down the seriousness of the virus and accusing them of politicising covid.
You have it completely backwards.
Walker

Post by Walker »

You're certainly entitled to your unsupported, wrong, propagandizing opinion.

Timeline

April 6, 2020
The AP begins revising history to attack Trump
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... trump.html

“ The media are not only rude and confrontational at press briefings, but they’re also re-writing history about how and when information on the virus came to light.

“Facts don’t matter. There is only one goal: Get Trump.

“Toward that end, manipulating timelines has become quite popular as evidenced most recently in this AP report:”

Feb. 24

Join us. Come and join us in the crowds. Welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFCzoXhNM6c
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 pm For a woman to have made such a massive decision, it cannot be done lightly.
I've heard that women celebrate with relief after abortion.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:55 pm Your brain is made of mush.
Taking your comment in both the literal and figurative sense ... you're a liar.

I don't waste my time with such.

Here's some more to ignore, Liar.

As the Progressive media knows, rewriting recent history is rather easy.

Here’s some more timeline that gives more rounded view of world attitudes, however it does fail to isolate the words and actions of the orange man out of context by twisting his meaning (e.g. his comments about hoax), so it will be ignored by Progressives whose motto is to keep moving forward with the primary, short-term purpose of taking down Trump.

March 17
Nolte: All the Establishment Media’s Dangerous Coronavirus Lies
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/202 ... irus-lies/

April 3

More timeline in this short clip, to be ignored, with an especially moronic comment disguised as a question, by yet another lying, orange man hater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iGOC5lRTwg

Jan. 14: Discovered that there is human to human transmission of coronavirus.

Feb. 3: WHO head says no reason to ever do a travel ban.
Walker

Post by Walker »

uwot wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:21 pmAnybody who listens to people who know what they are talking about and doesn't simply suckle at the tits in Fox, Breitbart, American Thinker, OAN etc, has known that for the last couple of months. Welcome to reality, Walker.
You're pathetic and petty.

I listen to reason.

If I was just as pathetic, I'd begin with the NY Times, make a list of other progressive rags, then call you a moron for reading them, but I just can't bring myself to do something so transparently moronic.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Tell you what.

You two can't even present a rational discussion.

So, forge on with your lying ways, personal insults, and ignoring of facts. In short, I'll leave you to crap all over the thread.

I'm done.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:57 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:55 pm Your brain is made of mush.
Taking your comment in both the literal and figurative sense ... you're a liar.

I don't waste my time with such.

Here's some more to ignore, Liar.

As the Progressive media knows, rewriting recent history is rather easy.

Here’s some more timeline that gives more rounded view of world attitudes, however it does fail to isolate the words and actions of the orange man out of context by twisting his meaning (e.g. his comments about hoax), so it will be ignored by Progressives whose motto is to keep moving forward with the primary, short-term purpose of taking down Trump.

March 17
Nolte: All the Establishment Media’s Dangerous Coronavirus Lies
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/202 ... irus-lies/

April 3

More timeline in this short clip, to be ignored, with an especially moronic comment disguised as a question, by yet another lying, orange man hater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iGOC5lRTwg

Jan. 14: Discovered that there is human to human transmission of coronavirus.

Feb. 3: WHO head says no reason to ever do a travel ban.
BREITBART is continually rewriting history.
You are a complete moron for believing it, and expecting others to do the same.
Trump has said time and again it will all be over in two weeks
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:42 pm I'm done.
We all know you left your brain behind somewhere.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:48 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:42 pm I'm done.
We all know you left your brain behind somewhere.
Love to discuss it in person sometime, but that won't happen, friendo.

I now invite you to observe unbending intent.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

The "progressives" were counselling caution

Let's examine this...

Were progressives counseling caution when Pelosi on 1-31, Biden on 1-31, Shumer on 2-8, Sanders on 1-31, along with a whole whack of other luminaries like Ocasio-Cortez, Omar, etc. were declarin' my employee's wu flu travel ban racist and unnecessary?

Were progressives counseling caution when they attempted to hijack the initial relief bill with nonsense like...

Publication of corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards
A bail out on all current debt at the Postal Service
Required early voting
Required same day voter registration
Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining
Full offset of airline emissions by 2025
Publication and reporting of greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights
Retirement plans for community newspaper employees
Federal $15 minimum wage
Permanent paid leave
Study on climate change mitigation efforts

The initial bill was supposed to solely offer relief to individuals and businesses who'd suffered cuz of lockdowns.

Relief, temporary relief only for those knocked for a loop.

Incidentally, it was by way of their own twitter feeds that I know Pelosi and other progressives opposed the travel ban: their own words; it was the proposed legislation itself (again, their own words) that clued me in on what progressives were up to.

Didn't have to consult BREITBART once.
uwot

Post by uwot »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:47 pmWere progressives counseling caution when Pelosi on 1-31, Biden on 1-31, Shumer on 2-8, Sanders on 1-31, along with a whole whack of other luminaries like Ocasio-Cortez, Omar, etc. were declarin' my employee's wu flu travel ban racist and unnecessary?
Yeah, I don't know all the details, and not being American, don't really care, but that did seem opportunistic on the face of it. Anyway, two wrongs don't make a right; so apart from the travel ban, how do you rate Trump's response to Covid19?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

how do you rate Trump's response to Covid19?

Mediocre at best, just like the whole of any gov response.