deleted 482

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Confession of a "Nazi hunter"

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

bahman wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:02 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:45 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:20 pm
So, you know enough. There are many people who don't know enough and they need a leader to show the way toward the truth.
That's pathetic.
No, it is not pathetic. It is real and we have to deal with it.
It's pathetic that you don't know how to use your own brain.
bahman

Post by bahman »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:58 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:02 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:45 pm

That's pathetic.
No, it is not pathetic. It is real and we have to deal with it.
It's pathetic that you don't know how to use your own brain.
Have you ever been tought a lesson?
Last edited by bahman on Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Veggie is right. We (she and I at least) live in democracies where we as voters have the responsibility of selecting government according to our perception of our present and future needs. We aren't supposed to be ruled by authoritarian strongmen who know more than we do and regard is with kind severity like a herd of naughty children. We don't need a small slice of NAzism, although I gotta say that bahman possibly isn't up to speed on what that would actually mean.
bahman

Post by bahman »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:09 am Veggie is right. We (she and I at least) live in democracies where we as voters have the responsibility of selecting government according to our perception of our present and future needs. We aren't supposed to be ruled by authoritarian strongmen who know more than we do and regard is with kind severity like a herd of naughty children. We don't need a small slice of NAzism, although I gotta say that bahman possibly isn't up to speed on what that would actually mean.
How she could be right if she votes and at the same time question the idea of leadership?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

bahman wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:09 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:09 am Veggie is right. We (she and I at least) live in democracies where we as voters have the responsibility of selecting government according to our perception of our present and future needs. We aren't supposed to be ruled by authoritarian strongmen who know more than we do and regard is with kind severity like a herd of naughty children. We don't need a small slice of NAzism, although I gotta say that bahman possibly isn't up to speed on what that would actually mean.
How she could be right if she votes and at the same time question the idea of leadership?
Because of the other stuff I wrote there. And because when she said your nazism thing didn't make sense, it didn't make sense, it was senseless.
bahman

Post by bahman »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:24 pm
Because of the other stuff I wrote there. And because when she said your nazism thing didn't make sense, it didn't make sense, it was senseless.
I see.
vegetariantaxidermy

When you vote you aren't supposed to vote for the 'leader', you are supposed to vote for the party with the best policies. A democratic Govt. should be able to function perfectly without a 'leader'. Switzerland is a case in point. It has only a nominal leader which party members take it in turns to fill the role. Referendums are held regularly. It's the only true democracy. When was the last time the US had a referendum?
Politicians are our EMPLOYEES, not the other way around. We pay them well to spend our money wisely--not to steal it. In any decent democracy they are held accountable, but unfortunately good investigative journalists are practically nonexistent now.

ps. Were Hitler, Stalin and Churchill 'omnicient'?
bahman

Post by bahman »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm
When you vote you aren't supposed to vote for the 'leader', you are supposed to vote for the party with the best policies. A democratic Govt. should be able to function perfectly without a 'leader'. Switzerland is a case in point. It has only a nominal leader which party members take it in turns to fill the role. Referendums are held regularly. It's the only true democracy. When was the last time the US had a referendum?
Politicians are our EMPLOYEES, not the other way around. We pay them well to spend our money wisely--not to steal it. In any decent democracy they are held accountable, but unfortunately good investigative journalists are practically nonexistent now.
I don't think that American is not on the right path right now, given the current political party who holds the power. People in Switzerland are well educated.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm ps. Were Hitler, Stalin and Churchill 'omnicient'?
There were not. That is why they failed.
vegetariantaxidermy

bahman wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:48 pm
I don't think that American is not on the right path right now, given the current political party who holds the power. People in Switzerland are well educated.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm ps. Were Hitler, Stalin and Churchill 'omnicient'?
You were the one suggesting I should submit to my 'betters' because I'm not 'omnicient'.
bahman

Post by bahman »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:57 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:48 pm
You were the one suggesting I should submit to my 'betters' because I'm not 'omnicient'.
I think we should submit to omniscient since S/He simply knows the outcome of our action, the best for us, whether we only know what would probably lead to the best for us. Almost the same rule applies to other people who know more than us but they are subject to our judgment since people with newer idea always comes.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

bahman wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:13 pm I think we should submit to omniscient since S/He simply knows the outcome of our action, the best for us, whether we only know what would probably lead to the best for us. Almost the same rule applies to other people who know more than us but they are subject to our judgment since people with newer idea always comes.
Was there anybody like that ever around and if so, who was it; when and where did it happen.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dubious wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:30 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:13 pm I think we should submit to omniscient since S/He simply knows the outcome of our action, the best for us, whether we only know what would probably lead to the best for us. Almost the same rule applies to other people who know more than us but they are subject to our judgment since people with newer idea always comes.
Was there anybody like that ever around and if so, who was it; when and where did it happen.
There has never been a person who is omniscient. They all failed in spreading their religions including those who claimed to be omniscient. How an omniscient can fail?
vegetariantaxidermy

bahman wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:39 pm
There has never been a person who is omniscient. They all failed in spreading their religions including those who claimed to be omniscient. How an omniscient can fail?
Do you even know what 'omnicient' means? As a matter of fact it means nothing. It's simply a hole-filler (like 'God'), thrown about by religio-nuts like yourself.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 pm
Do you even know what 'omnicient' means? As a matter of fact it means nothing. It's simply a hole-filler (like 'God'), thrown about by religio-nuts like yourself.
Don't know whether you noticed but at least 90% of all posters here have been omniscient even about omniscience! :lol:
bahman

Post by bahman »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 pm
Do you even know what 'omnicient' means?
Yes, it means a person who knows everything.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 pm As a matter of fact it means nothing.
It indeed means something.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 pm It's simply a hole-filler (like 'God'), thrown about by religio-nuts like yourself.
I don't believe in God, the creator, for another reason but I believe in gods who know everything.