Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:48 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:14 pm Whatever the amazing soul/spirit energy is that flows throughout and animates all... it does not have to be tied to a particular physical form.
Is that code for God?
Not for me. Does the recognition of dynamic and flowing energy have to be personified?
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Walker

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:15 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:28 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:09 pm
There used to be a sculptor on the forum and in some ways you sound like him, in other ways you do not.

Because life is the measure, the purpose, and the meaning of existence then opposing life is insane although necessary* as proven by the fact of its existence. Therefore by this criterion and in the context of topic, abortion advocates are insane.

* as a result of causation
Where is your proof that life has a purpose what what is it?
Rather than reply with a “huh?” this question has been studied for possible meanings. Since your refusal to answer IC’s rather simple, direct, and honest questions have established a sliming precedence with approval, I too shall forego the answering of questions but without impotent bleating.

You misquoted, which means you’re either careless with your thoughts or devious, however a natural attraction to intellectually frustrated thread saboteurs would indicate the former is required for the latter.

Life is the purpose of existence, as originally stated, then subsequently misquoted.

The proof that the purpose of existence is life is the existence of life, which can only be proven to life by life. Death is the proof that death exists, however what dies? Life cannot die, that’s an oxymoron. The body dies, which raises the existential question answered by Sri Ramana Maharshi, are you exclusively this body that eventually dies?

Implication? Rocks and stars and such which are not alive, but also as much a part of the universe as humankind, have existence, have no life, and therefore have no inherent purpose although a human has the capacity to infer causation that feeds the inherent compulsion to make everything fit.

This is why an existing foetus certainly has an inherent purpose, the inherency made more obvious since the lil’ fetus person can’t yet delusionally report the news. That inherent purpose is to fulfill its stage of human development (life), which requires no thought, and naturally leads to the next stage of human development, and so on.
Well at least you get a gold star just for knowing how to spell the word 'foetus' (sporadically). Shame you let your religious nuttery muddy the waters of your mind.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Silly to leave because of disagreements. There wouldn't be much point to it if everyone agreed with each other. At least there's the minuscule hope that one day the religiotards like IC will see the light and let go of daddy's apron strings.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:32 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:14 pm Whatever the amazing soul/spirit energy is that flows throughout and animates all... it does not have to be tied to a particular physical form.
Is that code for God?
Not for me. Does the recognition of dynamic and flowing energy have to be personified?
According to the definition of spirit, yes.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:47 am
Is that code for God?
Ah, you have to be anally rigid and play games, rather than acknowledging the spirit of what's being communicated. Whatever it takes to bolster your beliefs, right?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:00 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:15 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:28 pm

Rather than reply with a “huh?” this question has been studied for possible meanings. Since your refusal to answer IC’s rather simple, direct, and honest questions have established a sliming precedence with approval, I too shall forego the answering of questions but without impotent bleating.

You misquoted, which means you’re either careless with your thoughts or devious, however a natural attraction to intellectually frustrated thread saboteurs would indicate the former is required for the latter.

Life is the purpose of existence, as originally stated, then subsequently misquoted.

The proof that the purpose of existence is life is the existence of life, which can only be proven to life by life. Death is the proof that death exists, however what dies? Life cannot die, that’s an oxymoron. The body dies, which raises the existential question answered by Sri Ramana Maharshi, are you exclusively this body that eventually dies?

Implication? Rocks and stars and such which are not alive, but also as much a part of the universe as humankind, have existence, have no life, and therefore have no inherent purpose although a human has the capacity to infer causation that feeds the inherent compulsion to make everything fit.

This is why an existing foetus certainly has an inherent purpose, the inherency made more obvious since the lil’ fetus person can’t yet delusionally report the news. That inherent purpose is to fulfill its stage of human development (life), which requires no thought, and naturally leads to the next stage of human development, and so on.

Ipso facto.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:08 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:47 am
Ah, you have to be anally rigid and play games, rather than acknowledging the spirit of what's being communicated. Whatever it takes to bolster your beliefs, right?
I simply looked up the definition of spirit which indicates the answer to your question up there is affirmatory. Don't get your feathers ruffled.

Drag someone else into paradigms that require belief.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:13 am I simply looked up the definition of spirit which indicates the answer to your question up there is affirmatory.
No it doesn't. Aren't you aware that you can't define everything (especially the undefinable) with one word? I provided a broader description/context than you want to consider because, as I said, you are zeroing in on some anal interpretation that suits you. :roll:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sure it does. Person is required to define spirit. Person is the root of personified. Voilà. Without form, spirit cannot be. If you suspect a disembodied spirit is afoot, then you just can't perceive its form. The causes of that are various, such as the limitations of the ascertaining kosha.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:49 am Sure it does. Person is required to define spirit. Person is the root of personified. Voilà. Without form, spirit cannot be. If you suspect a disembodied spirit is afoot, then you just can't perceive its form. The causes of that are various, such as the limitations of the ascertaining kosha.
So here's what I said: "Whatever the amazing soul/spirit energy is that flows throughout and animates all... it does not have to be tied to a particular physical form."

You asked if that's a code for God. So do you perceive God as a person? According to your fixation on the word "spirit" and the rigid definition you are insisting on (as you ignore all else that has been said), it would appear that you DO perceive God as a person.

Whereas I indicated that I was speaking of a dynamic and flowing energy. Nothing to be personified. So why don't you take your dictionary and...
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:07 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:49 am Sure it does. Person is required to define spirit. Person is the root of personified. Voilà. Without form, spirit cannot be. If you suspect a disembodied spirit is afoot, then you just can't perceive its form. The causes of that are various, such as the limitations of the ascertaining kosha.
So here's what I said: "Whatever the amazing soul/spirit energy is that flows throughout and animates all... it does not have to be tied to a particular physical form."

You asked if that's a code for God. So do you perceive God as a person? According to your fixation on the word "spirit" and the rigid definition you are insisting on (as you ignore all else that has been said), it would appear that you DO perceive God as a person.

Whereas I indicated that I was speaking of a dynamic and flowing energy. Nothing to be personified. So why don't you take your dictionary and...
Well, that's what I've been explaining.

It does have to be tied to a particular physical form in order to exist. You said it doesn't, but your saying is based on belief.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:12 am It does have to be tied to a particular physical form in order to exist.
That's your belief.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:53 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:12 am It does have to be tied to a particular physical form in order to exist.
That's your belief.
Perhaps that word spirit doesn’t mean what you think it means.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:14 pm So when such energy manifests through a human form, it seems melodramatic to apply such ego-centered, small-minded laws to it. Why not equally respect ALL that spirit flows through? Why not see ALL as divine in that way? And why not recognize that the divine isn't limited by human laws?
When you write about the divine, are you writing about God?
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:34 pm
Well at least you get a gold star just for knowing how to spell the word 'foetus' (sporadically). Shame you let your religious nuttery muddy the waters of your mind.
I'll give you bronze for "waters of your mind."

:wink: