Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: Lace

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:54 am I think you're overstating it a bit, but, if you think I'm pickin' on you too much, I'll correct that: I'll never comment on you or posts again.

In fact: I'll do you the favor of formally placing you on my ignore list (quite an honor for you cuz you'll be the only one on it...congrats!).
Aww, don't go away mad Henry. :lol:

I don't think you're picking on me. I think you're ENTERTAINED by poking at me. And I'm entertained by poking back. It's all in good fun, even if I use swear words to creatively express myself. We all have our dances, yes?
Dontaskme

Re: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:11 pm No. I do not think it is necessary to put that kind of human concept/identification on anything that naturally courses through or envelops all. I do not think there is some master being making decisions. But I do think that the vast creative expressions that are being explored and experienced on so many levels are sacred and divine (for lack of better words) when compared to the controlling limitations of human thinking. We are part of creative expression...NOT the Stars of it.

To step outside of an identity, and feel a oneness is to feel that there is no "other" (else it wouldn't be oneness). Neither human nor god identities. Humans place identities on things, and then create hierarchies for all of those identities. How does that apply to oneness?
"Each individual by virtue of his genetic structure is unparalleled, unprecedented, and unrepeatable."

Nature never repeats exactly. All anatomical structures operate through the same biochemical and physiological processes.

All Interpretations and Expressions of nature are all just different appearances of the exact same source, namely, NOWHERE.

It's different that's all, just the one love in action dreaming difference where there is none.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:53 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:45 am Divine references God.

Your opinion that it does not is wrong.

Perhaps you need to use another word than divine.
Okay, I'll rush right out and look for an exact, precise word that rigid, small-minded people like you can latch onto happily. :) Because it's clear that you are incapable of seeing a broader view when you obsess over such small things and make them obstacles. Actually, I think you're rather intent on doing that no matter what... so I'll leave you to it, and I don't need to make any further effort.

I know so many people who can communicate so easily and broadly in the spirit of the overall communication, without obsessing over words. You might really benefit from expanding your mind a bit.
Your limitations in the use of language does not translate into a lack of comprehension in others.

Looks like another concept* is on the PC Progressive chopping block.

Take God out of divinity and theologians will attend Super Duper School instead of Divinity School.

*divine

Abortion is the biggest No.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dubious wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:10 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:01 pmAwww....come on! You promised me "absolute proof."
How could I have promised you anything? My initial response was to sculptor.
So it was something you thought would only be believed, and only ought to be believed, by Sculptor? It wasn't objectively true? Just rhetoric?

That's plausible, I guess.
This is what I wrote:
Absolutely right especially the 'proven' part. There never was or will be a defined purpose to life...
Yes. That's what I said you said.

It's a categorical claim that there is "no purpose" to life, and it's "proven," to use your words.
What has, in fact, been “proven” so far is that nothing in our existence has been shown to be commensurate to any such plan during the entire history of the human race.
Again, this just begs the question: now you're claiming to know all that "has been shown," and "during the entire history of the human race." What's less than categorical about that? Where's the humility that says, "Well, I have experience X, but it's possible others have experience Y, and I don't happen to know about it? I'm not seeing it there.
As requested if you know something that others aren’t aware of or even provide a substantive reason why any kind of purpose should exist in our being here without necessarily naming what that purpose would be then please do so.
I just wanted you to justify your claims. Now you claim you're making none. I get that, but it's not true.

To Sculptor, you made claims you expected to be taken as objective, universal and unchallenged. To me, the version of the story is that you've not made these claims.

What more can I say about the contradiction?
Our PURPOSE now, as I see it, is to continue living on the planet
Do you mean, "the purpose we invent, but is merely our preference" or "The real purpose, the objective one"? It would make a difference to the import of this statement.

If it's just the former, then what you mean might be paraphrased, "we want..." For why should the indifferent universe care what "purposes" a particular kind of creature -- plausibly one doomed to extinction anyway -- might wish to imagine for itself? To say "the purpose we invent" is merely to say we want a particular kind of delusion while we go extinct. But there is no truth to the delusion, then.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:49 am Your limitations in the use of language does not translate into a lack of comprehension in others.
I'm using the best words I know of to communicate ideas. What other words would you suggest? Did you comprehend what I was saying?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:53 pm
Dubious wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:10 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:01 pmAwww....come on! You promised me "absolute proof."
How could I have promised you anything? My initial response was to sculptor.
So it was something you thought would only be believed, and only ought to be believed, by Sculptor? It wasn't objectively true? Just rhetoric?
You say "You promised me "absolute proof" and I say how can that be since my response was NOT TO YOU aside from the fact I haven't promised anyone proof. I was merely in agreement. If I'm wrong, then show me EXACTLY where I would have made that commitment and underline it!

Until then don't bother replying!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dubious wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:59 pm You say "You promised me "absolute proof" and I say how can that be since my response was NOT TO YOU...
Okay, you didn't promise it TO ME. Instead, you framed it as a universal statement, and put it on a public forum. So that's your answer: I regarded myself as part of the public you were addressing, since you didn't make any exclusions from your claim.
...Until then don't bother replying!
No bother at all. :wink:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:30 pm
Walker wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:49 am Your limitations in the use of language does not translate into a lack of comprehension in others.
I'm using the best words I know of to communicate ideas. What other words would you suggest? Did you comprehend what I was saying?
For those such as yourself who insist on removing God from divine, super duper will do. Your good feelings about life are super duper.

I already mentioned that for you to comprehend.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:10 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:30 pm I'm using the best words I know of to communicate ideas. What other words would you suggest? Did you comprehend what I was saying?
For those such as yourself who insist on removing God from divine, super duper will do. Your good feelings about life are super duper.
Those words don't at all portray the level of magnificent connectivity and beautiful sacredness that exists throughout all of nature independent of human ideas. Surely you've noticed that people use the word "divine" all the time to describe things beyond the ordinary. Get over it, and stop being so childish. Either you understood what I was expressing or you didn't? But you refuse to answer that question, so take your anal attitude and bible dictionary and fuck off.

Perhaps it is your own ideas of a god that are "super duper"?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:22 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:10 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:30 pm I'm using the best words I know of to communicate ideas. What other words would you suggest? Did you comprehend what I was saying?
Those words don't at all portray the level of magnificent connectivity and beautiful sacredness that exists throughout all of nature independent of human ideas. Surely you've noticed that people use the word "divine" all the time to describe things beyond the ordinary. Get over it, and stop being so childish. Either you understood what I was expressing or you didn't? But you refuse to answer that question, so take your anal attitude and bible dictionary and fuck off.

Perhaps it is your own ideas of a god that are "super duper"?
Merriam-Webster, not bible. Does the Oxford dictionary omit God from divine, as you do?

The evidence suggests that your notions of God which you project onto others, and then judge others based on your own limiting understanding, beliefs, and projections, are immature and exclusionary.

Since that describes your M.O. to a T, nuff said, and I`ll fuck off for tich.
Last edited by Walker on Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:35 pm The evidence suggests that your notions of God which you project onto others, and then judge others based on your own limiting understanding, beliefs, and projections, are immature and exclusionary.
I do not have notions of a god, but you appear to... and based on your inability to describe your notions because you would rather just insist WHAT IS, it appears that your entire platform is shallow and contrived for self-gain.

So far, it has been your own statements that have been immature and exclusionary. Please express your idea of "God".
Walker

Post by Walker »

:lol:
Lacewing wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:52 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:35 pm The evidence suggests that your notions of God which you project onto others, and then judge others based on your own limiting understanding, beliefs, and projections, are immature and exclusionary.
I do not have notions of a god, but you appear to... and based on your inability to describe your notions because you would rather just insist WHAT IS, it appears that your entire platform is shallow and contrived for self-gain.

So far, it has been your own statements that have been immature and exclusionary. Please express your idea of "God".
:lol:

Wrong topic. You screwed up divine, and I`m fucking off, starting now.

:D
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:55 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:52 pm I do not have notions of a god, but you appear to... and based on your inability to describe your notions because you would rather just insist WHAT IS, it appears that your entire platform is shallow and contrived for self-gain.

Wrong topic. You screwed up divine, and I`m fucking off, starting now.
Of course you are. Because you're a coward and have no explanation for what you claim to stand for, nor do you answer questions that challenge what you say.

Simply point to the appropriate topic and post where you've described your notions about "God". Surely you've done that somewhere on this forum if it's such an important platform for you, yes? Or do you keep those "details" to yourself so that you can hide behind the curtains of it while throwing out attempts to invalidate other people?
Walker

Post by Walker »

God is divine, and I have the courage to say it.

You told me to fuck off and then you keep engaging. Are you a last word freak?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:35 pm God is divine, and I have the courage to say it.

You told me to fuck off and then you keep engaging. Are you a last word freak?
When people get to writing a lot of messages rife with references to "you" and containing insults, you can be pretty sure the discussion has been illegitimately redirected into the ad hominem.

LW does that. My encouragement to you would be not to go with him/her on that crazy trip. It goes nowhere, and usually simply derails the topic.

I'd say it's best just to go back to the relevant.