Apologies

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Logik

Re: Apologies

Post by Logik »

Walker wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:02 pm
Logik wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:01 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:59 pm So, you’re saying that by projecting yourself over-and-over onto other people, that you have applied some unsourced definition of insanity, to yourself.
You seem to be hallucinating things I am not saying or doing.

I wonder where it's coming from.
Logik wrote:The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results
Ok. This is further evidence for your projection.

The reference to "insanity" was where you asked me the same question twice, when you didn't like the first answer.

Here:
Logik wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:51 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:49 pm Do you think that you project onto others, what you are?
Given that I admit mistakes and I have no problem with apologizing, I think the question answers itself.

Observe, how you continue to attempt stepping out of the spotlight. Why is introspection so uncomfortable for you?
and then 4 minutes later over here:
Walker wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:53 pm Do you think that you project onto others, what you are?
Ask me a 3rd time. Maybe you'll get the answer your loaded question was supposed to produce.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Do you think that other people project themselves onto others, but that you do not?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Logik wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:58 am
Walker wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:55 am What's the truth about you?
THE truth? That'll take a long time.
Only if you refuse to answer questions directly and honestly.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Walker wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:57 pm
DPMartin wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:43 pm
na, na na na, this sort of thing doesn't fly, reason why is one is always in some sort of agreement with others around ones self, from government law to household rules, and failure to meet said agreements in some sort of way that effects others with unfortunate results calls for apologies and or regret. how one handles such things may be a discussion of value but to say no apologies is to be an island, of which no man is. and if one isn't "sorry" they harmed another they agreed to not harm, doesn't belong with people in the first place.
That's reasonable.

Thing is, there was no harm, and the demand for an apology is being used as a club.

The person demanding an apology in this case (the unbalanced one above demanding apologies), has lost perspective of time, place, and situation.

:)

If the time in question is examined, the sequence of events leading to his hysteria is apparent.

He has self-control issues, and blames others for that.

I think he has been posting here too much, and that caused a loss of perspective.
(30 postings a day for 4 months)

I kindly suggested that he take a break, which simply produced more hysteria.

I think that after his break, he will likely feel remorse, so I said in advance of his break, no hard feelings.

The question of: Are you stalking and threatening me? ... is to get a response, for the record.

There are two possible responses to this question. Yes, or no.

If I had the authority to give him his much needed break, I would do so.
if there's a agreement offended then harm of some form has been done.
Walker

Post by Walker »

DPMartin wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:45 pm
From this I would say, that if someone calls you a name, and you have no ego attachment, then an apology is unnecessary.

Would you agree?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:56 pm
DPMartin wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:45 pm
From this I would say, that if someone calls you a name, and you have no ego attachment, then an apology is unnecessary.

Would you agree?
Yeah because LOVE has no name.

And true nameless LOVE means never having to say you are sorry.

There's just the open and raw space of LOVE all allowing, all forgiving, all knowing, all encompassing, unconditional all alone all-one space to BE.

As soon as one says I love you to another, a condition has been placed, and that's not real true love. YOU already are LOVE, no one can love you, and you can't love another. There is only love and this love make no apologies for being what it is unconditionally and freedom to be totally selfless without self..where there's a self there is selfishness.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Walker wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:09 pm Do you think that other people project themselves onto others, but that you do not?
What does this have to do with your inability to apologise?
Logik

Post by Logik »

DPMartin wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:45 pm if there's a agreement offended then harm of some form has been done.
There was.

Walker proposed it. An agreement as basic as common courtesy.
Walker wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:46 pm Do try and rise above personal attacks, and respond with logic and reason.
and then pissed on it.
Walker wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:47 pm
Logik wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:44 am The hardest war of all is fighting against a faceless nemesis.

The process of personifying and projecting one's self-loathing onto others is incredible to watch and pity at the same time.
Moron.
Last edited by Logik on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Walker wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:56 pm From this I would say, that if someone calls you a name, and you have no ego attachment, then an apology is unnecessary.

Would you agree?
Ah well in that case you should have no problem being called a spineless, zero-integrity wanker then.

I don't see what the fuss is about?

P.S people without ego don't mind being called names, and they also don't mind apologizing.

It's just words, you know...
Last edited by Logik on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Walker wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:28 pm Only if you refuse to answer questions directly and honestly.
Clearly you don't understand the difference between THE Truth, and an aspect of the truth.

But here's a deal. After you apologise, I'll answer whatever questions you may have.

Till then, I simply won't allow you to frame the discussion, you spineless, zero-integrity wanker ;)

And before you begin crying "foul". The above is not an insult. It's a fact. As established.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I sent the message out earlier to a good person that said, the last of the teasing.

I had no choice about doing that, probably because it was completely appropriate to time, place, and situation.

Since then, all of my postings have been consistent with that message, and I didn't even have to think about it, the realization only occurs now. So, you got some of those postings in a Socratic dialogue.

(No need to comment, unless you must. I won't respond).

btw: I read what you wrote, before you erased it.

Without choice, I have no need to accept the offerings of your insights (fruits) borne of your view (whatever that may be).

The reasons were stated initially.

Logik

Post by Logik »

Walker wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:45 pm I sent the message out earlier to a good person that said, the last of the teasing.

I had no choice about doing that, probably because it was completely appropriate to time, place, and situation.

Since then, all of my postings have been consistent with that message, and I didn't even have to think about it, the realization only occurs now. So, you got some of those postings in a Socratic dialogue.

(No need to comment, unless you must. I won't respond).

btw: I read what you wrote, before you erased it.

Without choice, I have no need to accept the offerings of your insights (fruits) borne of your view (whatever that may be).

The reasons were stated initially.

You sure make a lot of effort to justify yourself to somebody you can't even apologise to.

We are no further than we left off on page 1.
Logik wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:13 pm I couldn't really give a shit if you apologized to me. I am merely using your continued refusal as evidence for your lack of integrity or backbone.
henry quirk

Not lookin' to butt in to this lil love fest, but...

Post by henry quirk »

...I spy me some bullshit here.

DPMartin: if there's a agreement offended then harm of some form has been done.

Logik: There was. Walker proposed it. An agreement as basic as common courtesy.

Now, accordin' to Logik, this is what W proposed: 'Do try and rise above personal attacks, and respond with logic and reason.'

Accordin' to Logik, W 'pissed on' the agreement.

It seems to me W wasn't entering into an agreement: no, he was suggesting to L to reign himself in (cuz even a casual review of any lengthy thread L runs roughshod on will show L is often the first to strike, insult-wise).

And: cuz L is a bright penny, he damn well knows there was no agreement, no 'contract', so his entire performance in this thread is a sham, Grade-A manure.

No, L is doin' what he does best: bein' contrary (for the sake of just bein' contrary).

Too bad, then he's been trolled by a master.

Again, W: kudos...masterful work.

Now: I leave all interested parties to continue doin' whatever it is they think they're doin...my wad is shot, my work is done, adios, amigos... :walking:
Logik

Re: Not lookin' to butt in to this lil love fest, but...

Post by Logik »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:18 pm It seems to me W wasn't entering into an agreement: no, he was suggesting to L to reign himself in (cuz even a casual review of any lengthy thread L runs roughshod on will show L is often the first to strike, insult-wise).
It seems to me you are very confused as to the sequence of events that took place.

He wasn't suggesting anything to me. His call to courtesy was made in response to Greta,
Walker wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:46 pm
Greta wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:06 am
Lacewing wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:12 am (....)
(.....)
Here's some ironclad reasoning.
Do try and rise above personal attacks, and respond with logic and reason.
And in the very next post... (without me having so much engaged him on that thread)
Walker wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:47 pm
Logik wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:44 am
Greta wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:06 am (....)
(...)
Moron.
Logik

Post by Logik »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:18 pm And: cuz L is a bright penny, he damn well knows there was no agreement, no 'contract', so his entire performance in this thread is a sham, Grade-A manure.
Walker uttered the words "Do try and rise above personal attacks, and respond with logic and reason." out of his own volition.
He proposed a standard of courtesy, and then in the very next reply he violated it.

If Walker can't honor a contract he made with himself, nor acknowledge the breach what do you think that says about his integrity?

Hence: I keep pointing out he lacks integrity

It's not a personal attack. It's me responding with logic and reason. Exactly as he asked.