An Ethical Reason To Be Good

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Re: An Ethical Reason To Be Good

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Logik wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:20 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:16 pm So why are you speaking English now?

Use another tool. Why have you allowed yourself to be formed in other people's image?
I think in a language of my own making. I speak in a language that you can understand.

I have certainly not allowed others to shape my mind ;)

Turns out that the language I made was the same language Alan Turing and Alonson Church made 100 years ago.

So I wasn't all that original. Still - I got there from first principles.
So what you are trying to do, but failing, is translate your personal language into one everyone can understand.

You know timeseeker, you could have just kept your old account.

He pushed lambda like a religion,
was a cop,
"read and reread" the triad for "months"
talked about having his own personal language.
appeared to live or come from the same territory you lived/came from
Went on about community service.

etc.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm So what you are trying to do, but failing, is translate your personal language into one everyone can understand.
But I haven't even tried to explain my language to you? I am still in the process of trying to find common ground with you. So that we can cooperate.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm You know timeseeker, you could have just kept your old account.
That's 3 for 3 who accuse me of being 'TimeSeeker' If we are so alike, then maybe we should just talk to each other.
I've messaged him - Lets see what he says...

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm He pushed lambda like a religion,
Check
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm was a cop,
Not me
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm "read and reread" the triad for "months"
Check
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm talked about having his own personal language.
Yes. I read his comments - I read Wittgenstein. It's the same idea.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm appeared to live or come from the same territory you lived/came from
What country is that?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm Went on about community service.
Aren't most people swayed that way?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Logik wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:37 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm So what you are trying to do, but failing, is translate your personal language into one everyone can understand.
But I haven't even tried to explain my language to you? I am still in the process of trying to find common ground with you. So that we can cooperate.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm You know timeseeker, you could have just kept your old account.
That's 3 for 3 who accuse me of being 'TimeSeeker' If we are so alike, then maybe we should just talk to each other.

Check
Not me
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm "read and reread" the triad for "months"
Check
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm talked about having his own personal language.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm appeared to live or come from the same territory you lived/came from
What country is that?
Actually you said in the pm you sent me you were a cop at one point (he claimed the same)...I really don't care either way. I seen so many "original" people mirror themselves across strangers I really don't care if you are him or not because two different people can be the same person.

Personally it looks like a repeat account.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:41 pm
Logik wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:37 pm

Cooperate on what? You language is one of divergence from natural law, it is strictly grounded in entropy which reflects in the fracturing effect modern technology (not all technology) has had on the environment and people.

That is not a denial, you would just be messaging yourself.

Check
Not me
Check
What country is that?
Actually you said in the pm you sent me you were a cop at one point (he claimed the same)...I really don't care either way. I seen so many "original" people mirror themselves across strangers I really don't care if you are him or not because two different people can be the same person.

Logik

Post by Logik »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:41 pm Actually you said in the pm you sent me you were a cop at one point (he claimed the same)...I really don't care either way. I seen so many "original" people mirror themselves across strangers I really don't care if you are him or not because two different people can be the same person.

I lost my password... can't be bothered to reset it because I don't remember which e-mail account I registered it with.

But it's been fun fucking with people's uncertainty.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Logik wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:44 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:41 pm Actually you said in the pm you sent me you were a cop at one point (he claimed the same)...I really don't care either way. I seen so many "original" people mirror themselves across strangers I really don't care if you are him or not because two different people can be the same person.

I lost my password... can't be bothered to reset it because I don't remember which e-mail account I registered it with.

But it's been fun fucking with people's uncertainty.
What uncertainty....same thing different variation...what I have been arguing all along.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:47 pm What uncertainty....same thing different variation...what I have been arguing all along.
Ship of Theseus ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus )
same-same..png
same-same..png (19.54 KiB) Viewed 5937 times
Logik

Post by Logik »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:47 pm What uncertainty....same thing different variation...what I have been arguing all along.
Also. You are coming into the computational way of thinking without even realising it.

The phrase instance of information refers to the specific instantiation of information (identity, form, essence) that is associated with the being of a particular example of a thing. (This allows for the reference to separate instances of information that happen to share identical patterns.)

You are human.
I am human.
We are different humans.

Type theory ;)
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Logik wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:58 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:23 am To be/do good is to be empathetic.

to be/do evil is the reverse - selfish.
So where does this leave me then?

I am empathetic because it's gratifying.
then you are good Logik.
IMO.

are you?
Logik

Post by Logik »

gaffo wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:49 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:23 am To be/do good is to be empathetic.

to be/do evil is the reverse - selfish.

then you are good Logik.
IMO.

are you?
But I am selfish AND empathetic.

So I am good and evil.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Logik wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:52 pm
Ship of Theseus ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus )

same-same..png
A replication of 1 phenomenon into another phenomenon observes the same phenomenon existing through a series of variations, with this variation being the maintainance of the phenomenon through chaos.

For example, because this statement is highly abstract, the act of reproduction itself observes the father and mother existing through the child where the divisive nature of time, resulting in the parents mortality, is nullified through the child where both the father and mother exist through a variation equivlanent to evolution or adaptation through the offspring.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Logik wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:54 pm
Also. You are coming into the computational way of thinking without even realising it.

The phrase instance of information refers to the specific instantiation of information (identity, form, essence) that is associated with the being of a particular example of a thing. (This allows for the reference to separate instances of information that happen to share identical patterns.)

You are human.
I am human.
We are different humans.

Type theory ;)
Rational. Computation is equivalent to a strict mechanical quantitative analysis where the concept of "infinity" (further reflected within the concept of "quality" which is ignored) is viewed as a false axiom in the respect it is an incomplete or indeterminate solution.

Rationality inverts this, by observed the balance of both quantity and quality, and necessitating "infinity" as both a defined state as self-evident but an answer in itself through the aquisition of quality as part of the answer. Your computation, premised in the reduction of a finite truth to a further finite truth is self defeating in the face of its own reflection in the modern scientific method where one "fact" is inevitable negated given a length of time for a further scientific fact.

This appears anti-rational/scientific at first, but this process of individuation (manifestation of multiplicity) is an underlying rational foundation of measurement and observes you are just running a treadmill like a rat. Movement towards "one" truth and "many" truths is the fundamentally problem, which is solved in accords to a synthesis of both. In simpler terms the world is an extension of how we measure it, it is an extension of our perceptual judgements and the focus on material needs "only" results in a fracturing process where the material needs will inevitably never be met (given a length of time) due to moral corruption induced by the neglect of the human capacity of reason as an extension of the infinite.

This divergence, convergence is strictly a spatial axiom which can be observed as extending into type theory but is not limited to it. Your type theory exists because of "space" and the cyclical nature of the "black box" calculative method is strictly determined in accords to the spatial axiom of circularity.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Logik wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:03 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:49 am

then you are good Logik.
IMO.

are you?
But I am selfish AND empathetic.

So I am good and evil.
as i am, thank for reply.

carry on.
Lindaunuri

An Ethical Reason To Be Good

Post by Lindaunuri »

Hi Talha, can you tell me how long it would take to do applied math and pure math with a good tutor if you have only studied maths up to O levels?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

TryingMyBest wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:57 am I am more interested in the Truth than being right, but I think I'm right.
Can something be right if it's not true?